Thread: Shortening Your Period

Shortening Your Period

So, I wrote an article the other day about menstrual health and mentioned a few ways to make your period shorter. Don't know about the rest of you guys but I, for one, hate Shark Week and thought it might be a cool thing to post. I tried it out this month and it looks like it works since my period only lasted 3 days.

I can't copy the original article(copyright) but here's the highlights:

1. Eat light foods like rice, oatmeal, or fish instead of red meats or high-salt/high-fat foods. (reduces bloating and fatigue)

2. Avoid strenuous exercise and replace it with lighter exercise like swimming, walking, or hula hooping (decreases length)

3. Avoid inversions like handstands and things. (decreases length)

So, there you go

This thread is STRICTLY for TransMen ONLY, any other posts will be deleted,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Its amazing what avoiding meat will do for you. I noticed that when I went vegetarian for a while. About the only good thing about getting old is that your periods will get lighter and shorter, and eventually stop. Certain birth control meds will do it too, but you probably wouldnt want to go that route.

Yeah I get anemic during mine, which is my main issue with it, but following these tips has helped a lot with that! It helps that I've been researching and finding non-meat foods that have high levels of iron for that time of the month too.

I keep wanting to try having a vegetarian diet (I have a whole folder of recipes I want to try) but I'm having trouble getting my dad to come around lol Right now, I'm trying to talk him into eating one vegetarian meal a week. ^_^;

Don't slap me for posting oh great section mod, but as a woman who has these evil things, I want to add something you might find helpful. I'm also anaemic (due to almost dying), so my doctor put me on prescribed medication to slow down the bleeding and help with the anaemia and it works wonders. You might also get a laugh out of what they are called... and I'm serious lol, go google it

Tranexamic Acid Tablets - not for acid

http://www.patient.co.uk/medicine/Tranexamic-acid.htm
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by LenGray View Post
    I keep wanting to try having a vegetarian diet (I have a whole folder of recipes I want to try) but I'm having trouble getting my dad to come around lol Right now, I'm trying to talk him into eating one vegetarian meal a week. ^_^;
    Maybe you could let Dad eat what he wants, but you just eat smaller portions of the meat, and more side dishes? Also, you probably know this, but anemics should be really careful when trying vegetarian diets.

Tamara- Hahaha, that's awesome!

Andy- Yeah. I mainly want to try it because there's a lot of heart, diabetes, and cholesterol problems in my family. That, and some of the food looks delicious lol I think that if I did though, I would still try to eat meat like chicken or fish once a day to get some extra iron, in addition to veggies