Thread: My first Outing in San Francisco

My first Outing in San Francisco

Summary: WOW! I had a Great Time! I have been out and about many times, but this was totally different.

I'm in San Francisco on business for a couple weeks. Friday night, I was able to get dressed pretty and meet up with Allie (from this site). She picked me up at my hotel about 6 PM and took me into downtown San Francisco. From the first few moments we met, I knew we were going to get along quite well. I quickly learned that we have similar work backgrounds, the same college degree (engineering) and personalities that complimented each other.

I quickly learned that Allie never met a stranger, just friends she hadn't met yet. We went to a wine bar she usually frequents. She introduced me to the bar tender she knew, we talked, had wine (of course), and in true Allie style, she also struck up conversations with other customers including me in the conversation. We stayed about an hour then walked down the street a block to a restaurant for dinner.

Allie magic got us a table quickly. She had been there before and apparently they knew her. We were sat at our table which was very close to the adjacent tables. Usually this makes me uncomfortable, but I was having such a good time talking with her I didn't really care. She once again chatted with the people at the tables next to us and they were friendly. One young couple next to us was finishing their dinner, we chatted about the food, where they were from (The girl was from Australia & the guy was from Denmark). They got up and left. We took the guy's recommendation to get the steak (It was delicious).

We talked among ourselves and then the people at the table on the other side, then Allie struck up a conversation with a girl who was seated at the table the previous couple vacated. She was by herself. After a while we were all talking like we had known each other for years. The girl (Julie) was pretty and looked like she was not a day past 30 years old, but we found out she's more like 55 years old and has a degree in engineering. We able to chat with her about lots of things. She figured out that we are crossdresers, but that didn't seem to bother her. It added to the conversation. She told me that she was not positive about me even after I spoke. I must have turned red at that compliment. I of course complimented her many times on how young she looked. We talked about men, books, movies and many other things including telling jokes at the end of the night.

We ended up leaving about 11:30 PM. We hugged goodbye & Allie & I went back to her car. I was tired, but it was a good tired.

I learned a valuable lesson. Be yourself and be friendly. I also think Julie learned a lot about crossdresssers and I believe Allie & I left her with a positive view of us.

I look forward to my next outing with Allie and whomever we meet.

If you want to see how I was dressed, here's the pics.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ng-out-Tonight
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    That sounds like it was a wonderful evening. Glad you had such a great time.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kim,

That sounds like a great night out and what a great guide Allie was. Glad you enjoyed.

Hugs

Isha

Kim,
    I read your OP with interest, Allie is obviously a good net worker and mixer.
    Not really tried much nightlife in San Francisco, maybe on my next visit.

I like Las Vegas for night and early morning life.

Four dollar breakfast at three oclock in the morning suits me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Kim,
    You ain't seen nothing yet. Allie was being on her good behavior, just wait until tonight or next week when I meet up with both of you.
    BTW, glad you had a great time and your outfit was perfect.
    Rachael
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

I enjoyed your journey and your time spending outside in San Francisco ...I hope I can do the same one day ...by the way you look wonderful ...hope to meet you one day ....

Platinum Member
    Hi Kim, It's wonderful to read stories about friends sharing good times.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    It just occurred to me that we have a built in network that we can tap into when we travel. As your experience with Allie illustrates, it can make a trip to a new city much more enjoyable.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

kimdl93, That is a very good point and how I have been able to meet so many great people from this site and a couple from another site. I call them travelers who come to the area for business of pleasure. It is even better when we hit it off together and they are somewhat frequent visitors to the area. If I had time and there seems that there might be a connection in dressing style or personality that I might be able to get a feel for from previous posts here regarding personality, I would take the chance have fun meeting someone new. For the longest time that was my only opportunity to get out, because earlier in the game I really wanted to go out with someone as wing woman, partner in crime, sidekick, security in numbers or whatever. It works wonders for the confidence (mine at that time) and helps ensure a fun evening or time out with some local knowledge to help the visitor take the chance to get out into the real world for new experiences. I highly recommend that people who want to go out or have a little experience doing that but have logistical problems at their home base inquire with as much anticipation as possible about the possibility of meeting up with someone in their future destination city.

Over time I have built up a group of wonderful local friends (most from this site) and a few GG's too with whom I can occasionally get together for a fun and shared experience out. It just takes some effort, openness and enough courage for the newbies to step out of their safe zone to try and meet new people. I always like to meet new people, but I no longer "need" to meet them to get me out of the house. I now have no problem flying solo going to someplace new or visiting a favorite haunt where they know me and I know most of them. It was the consistent experience of going out whenever possible that got me to this point.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    ... to go out with someone as wing woman, partner in crime, sidekick, security in numbers or whatever. It works wonders for the confidence ....
    As one of the occasional tag-alongs, Allie, you are the host of hosts. You helped me understand that going out is just that: going out. And not some offense. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    It just occurred to me that we have a built in network that we can tap into when we travel. As your experience with Allie illustrates, it can make a trip to a new city much more enjoyable.
    I agree. I'm so glad I contacted Allie, but I have to give credit where it is due. I never would have met Allie if Suzanne F had not told me about her. I hope by the time I leave here, I'll have made several new friends from this site.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"