Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How open are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    I say only my wife knows both sides of me. My wife says more people know my crossdressing than I think.
    My wife says the same thing Taylor.

I'm somewhere between 3 and 4. I'm out to let's see, lots of people including some friends at work and have had no negative repercussions (no, I have no plans to dress at work), and I go out pretty much when I can. Strange thing is that aside from my wife (no kids), I'm not out to family ... but I think that's gonna happen....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Not very open, but I've told every woman I've had a serious relationship for nearly 40 years. I decided back then that it wasn't mentally healthy to keep CDing a total secret. That's what's great about this forum. It allows us to share with others without freaking out family, friends and coworkers. The more open we can be the better, but there are consequences involved that aren't worth the risk for some of us (like me).
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Right now, there are a select few people who know. Otherwise, I keep a low profile, and try to remain as secret as possible.

As far as going out en femme, only my family knows and I don't go out in my own community.

Outside of my community, I really don't limit my exposure to the world. I spend far more time en femme than I do in drab when outside my no-fly zone.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

a mix of 1 and 2. the wife is aware, but we are dadt. no one else, oh wait, the dog, yeh, she knows.

I treat most people on a need to know basis. My gf knows as well as a few close friends. If I'd like to involve (shopping, dancing, etc.) someone then I will tell them. If I don't plan to involve them then I don't tell them.

I keep this hidden from my close friends and family. I'm not even out to my friends as gay yet.
    I don't think they'd be ready to accept me as a cross dresser yet, and honestly I don't want to tell them. The only person that knows is the guy I'm sort of seeing. I knew he was into cross dressers and I dress up for him, but that's about it. He keeps it well hidden.

Wouldn't it be nice to confide in someone. To have someone to pal around with that is not freaked out. Someone that accepts my weird self. My wife is the only one who knows and she is definitely DADT. Too bad.

No one else knows that i crossdress. I stay at home with my mom and stepdad so i always make it a point to crossdress when their out and at night in my room. I always wear panties though. I know i'm a TS and would like to be on hrt and will go to a therapist someday. I tried coming out to my mom many years ago but she was not accepting about the situation which was quite hard. Planning on moving out so i may start transitioning but could not do so since iv'e been out of work for more than a month now.

I'm between #2 and #3. My wife knows, but is not supportive. The only places I've dressed fully are while having makeovers at Phoebe Cross's transformation service in Atlanta, where I go for a session when my feminine urges become unbearable and at the Sigma Epsilon CD support group, also in Atlanta, where i went fully dressed to their meeting last month. Other than that, I underdress every weekday while my wife is at work. I don't have any other person locally that I can trust well enough to come out, while I would love to have another CD or a GG with whom I could shop or have coffee.

I've learned to deal with what's available for me and I enjoy my feminine side whenever and wherever possible! I hope that you can/will, too!

Donna Sue

Private. The only person who has seen me dressed is my wife. Family members may suspect and 1 or 2 former coworkers may have seen me shopping in the woman's department but at this point in my life I really don't care.

Hi,

The book was open 21 years ago nothing is hidden even about family is open and about Jos and i . you cant get more open than Nation wide, interviews and write up's. plus being invited to talk at large meetings. not including the many other 1000's of people iv contacted.

An open book that remains open,

Oh....The book.... was only open one page in the 60's .

...noeleena...

If you are making a list to make a pie chart or something out of, put a 4 by my name.

I am 100% secret/private. My wife is the only person that knows. As far as going out, I've been out once, but it was a disaster (that's for another post). However, my wife and I are planning an outing when the time and look is right.

Let's see... today I visited a friend who is currently in a physical rehabilation facility, went to my doctor to get a B12 shot, got the car washed, went to the post office, and bought groceries. All as me. I pretty much am out.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I'm mostly a 4, except for work and church. In male mode I always underdress, often with a bra and chicken cutlets. I used to do a lot of half and half, male mode with lots of distinctively feminine stuff, but lately it's mostly 100% en femme. I go out frequently, but only during the day. I have never felt that going out alone at night was a good idea.

I'm a number 1. I'm 100% private, but I have now gone out in some very cute deffinately girly jeans and a nice not too girly, but femme top but as my male self. Working up too a full night out. I would be more then happy with ending up as a number 2 but number 3 would be perfect

The third option I think. I have gone out, the typical drag nights, but I have also gone clothes and gorcery shopping and also sat in a cafe with some other CDs. As for being out non-dressers I know in real life that I have told are my sisters, a few friends and two ex-girlfriends.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

99.9 % Private . But would love to get that number lower.
    DDee

I go out quite a bit dressed. Many people know but not all. In a year I plan to be out 100 per cent!
    Suzanne

I guess I'd be #2, tho' those who know, found out by accident, except for the SO.. Step-daughter walked in on me while in the kitchen..
    Wife was napping on the couch.. I'm sure the step-daughter told the other one, and their brothers, etc.... SO is supportive..
    I don't really blend in well enfemme, so I'm pretty much still closet tho' I do drive and go out after dark 'dressed'..
    I still enjoy being able to think; "what if they all knew"? Would be easier, but the mystery would be gone..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

I would say I'm pretty open to it and quite a few people know about it. I go out every chance I can but I rarely go out by myself for security reasons.

Banned Read only
    I sometimes go out dressed if the night is nice outside but mostly with my girlfriend because I don't know any live t-girls close by but I sure would like to.

We have met some strangers on Halloween in coffee shops and bars etc and often strike up a bit of conversation.

Its nice when they think we;re both pretty,and we sometimes have a laugh

So I'm out to some people about it but not my immediate family.

Out to most people except my mum (who may suspect) and my sister (likewise)..... Even went to my bosses housewarming party dressed and she and all my colleagues were fine!