Thread: opinions count!

opinions count!

I have always had problems with sex. Guilt and Shame are the two biggest reasons I have always avoided sex. Yes, I avoid sex and in a big way. I am not a virgin. I have two children out of wedlock. I remember when I lost my virginity. I was 20 and totally shut down for two weeks. I could not even look at myself in the mirror.
    Here is the thing. I absolutely LOVE women. Obsessed actually. So much so that I have always wanted to be one. So what is the deal?

Seriously? How are we to know? Something in your past, either the way you were brought up, some heavy religious influence perhaps? Some suppressed incident? Way too many options. Have you tried talking to a therapist?
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I can only say it is something in your upbringing that has triggered this problem.

Maybe therapy would help as sex is not dirty, nor are sexual thoughts and fantasies.

You should be able to dream about it, and in a pleasant way.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Don't know about your background but someone apparently taught you a horribly dysfunctional view of human sexuality. It's not your fault, but the fault of those family or institutional influencers who equated sexuality with shame. Nothing could be more natural or genuine than the sensual and loving interaction between two people...and yet some institutions viewed sex as corrupt.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Lisa, sex is a normal function for adults. Is should be as natural as breathing, eating, and sleeping for u.

The fact that it isn't could be very destructive for u. Sounds like it may have been already?

I agree with Underdresser. U should find a qualified, experienced therapist that u trust and talk your issues over with him/her ASAP!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

This may or may not apply to you, but some people are asexual. As with anything else, there is a very wide range in asexual feelings.

There's a wonderful website for information:

http://www.asexuality.org/home/
    http://www.asexuality.org/home/general.html

Forums: http://www.asexuality.org/en/
    Reine