Thread: How much makeup...

How much makeup...

Hello girls,

I just got back from the mac counter again, I was looking for a particular color of eye shadow for a look I was trying the achieve. I did a little surverying of the makeup that I have. There is a pic attached...

This got me wondering, how much makeup does the average CD have compared to me (not including color camaflague, such as beard cover). I use just normal woman's makeup, light foundations (or none), etc.

Here is what I have
    Studio Tech foundation (slightly opaque coverage for under my eyes, brow ridge.
    Studio Stick (stick form of pressed powder)
    Conceler
    Pressed Powder
    5 eye shadows
    pressed powder blush
    Translucent Powder
    eye liner pencil
    nail polish and overguard clear
    lip pencil (cherry)
    russian red lipstick (will be getting a few more subtile colors)
    Various brushes
    Icing (Claires) lip gloss

What do you have?

Mandy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="4"]My life in a Quote[/SIZE]
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Everything’s soft and smooth."
    [SIZE="1"]—Anakin to Padmé - Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones[/SIZE]

Occupying my own end of the gender spectra...

A girl can never had enough makeup . I don't wear makeup, so I don't know much about it but, my girl friend has about 3 times that amount, judging by your picture. I met a drag queen and she had tool box, absolutely packed full of make up.

Platinum Member
    [SIZE="7"]well you asked....[/SIZE]

look here...
    Last edited by DanaJ; 01-13-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Well, this is what I used to take on my makeovers, but my new girl has her own stuff - whew! Making me pretty takes a lot!
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GypsyKaren
    Hi Mandy

I am developing a wee bit of a war chest, so much that Kat has cut me off for a while. I can't help it, buying make-up is...fun! So many things, so many colors, must try this and that, oh my! Nail polish, how did I live so long without it? I love to browse the aisle at Walgreens, I'm in a daze, and I'm forbidden from going to ULTA by myself. Oh well, one can still dream.

GypsyKaren

My collection consists of a case of 24 shades of eyeshadow, 10 lipglosses, 2 lipsticks, 3 lip liners, lots of coverup and foundation (also useful for hiding redness from eyebrow plucking!), blush, liquid eyeliner, powder, and of course, mascara. Unless I am 100% sure I won't be disturbed, I tend to avoid using foundation or eyeliner though - as I find them to be the most time consuming things to remove thoroughly. I also have multiple nail varnishes, and am particularly fond of my raspberry coloured one (on my toes as we speak), with a clear varnish on top.
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Dana, Wendy and I all have about the same amount of makeup. Tons.

My wife tells me continually that I have more makeup than years left in my life or time to wear the makeup. She also tells me that I should wear less makeup when I go out in public. As an example last week in the morning beforfe breakfast she asked me to take her to Krogers for a flu shot. I was dressed in my gown. She said to put on one of my long patio dresses and a little powder and lip stick which I did. When we got to Krogers my wife was told to come back in an hour. She said why don't we go to IHOP for breakfast. I protested that I did not take time on my makeup. She told me I looked fine. When we walked into IHOP on this Saturday morning the place was filled with families and many teens. My wife was correct. Apparently I looked like most of the other women on a Saturday morning. No one gave me a eye or a snicker. This experience taught me a lesson - more makeup does not make one more passable. Just be yourself and walk in public with your head high and a smile on your face as I did this earfly Saturday morning.

Hugs,

Melanie

My Makeup Kit

Giggle... thanks for the laugh Maria!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!