Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is CDing really a hobby ?

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    Hobby? Uhmmmm... No. Also not an addiction. (LOL) Wednesday is a playful aspect of myself that I honor from time to time in my on-going quest for inner balance and personal growth...
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Banned Read only
    A hobbie...no not for me, crossdressing is a way of life for me.

No, I take my hobbies seriously. CDing is mere frivolity. I wonder why I do it sometimes, but I don't try to make a virtue out of it.

I think it's what you make it. I live alone and rarely have visitors, so when I am home I'm almost always wearing my tights and skirt because they look and feel great. So I guess you could say, it's my hobby, but it's not one that gets in the way of me getting on with stuff around the place. I am quite happy to do my ironing/washing etc. as normal, in fact being dressed as a female from the waist down kind of encourages me to do it somehow!

Best wishes

tightsplease

Aspiring Member
    For me a hobby is something you do in your spare time for fun I do love to dress feminine
    Last edited by pattyjones954; 05-10-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Hobby, is not big enough

Something that has so much control and influence on my every day life, there's no way that 'hobby' could define it for me. Yes, it is something I do part of the time, but with very high frequency.

My outward appearance when not dressing is also affected. My eyebrows are always cleanly shaped, my fingernails are always subtly buffed and filed to a 'nice' length. My armpits and legs are routinely shaved. Both ears are pierced. And the number one reason why I track my food intake and monitor my weight is because of my dressing.

Seems to me, that this 'activity' has more control of my life than a simple 'hobby' would imply.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Cross dressing, has elements of a hobby about it for me, but not many. I start and stop other hobbies. Cycled seriouly for several years. I Played golf for 30 years. I've surfed for 30+ Years. All of these I could stop any time. I haven't played golf for about ten years now. Not because I can't or because I don't what to. I just kinda stopped one day because I prefer surfing, when I have a day off, at the moment.

Crossdressing is different, I've done it since my first firm chilhood memories. I'll be doing it till the day I depart this wonderfull world of ours. I dress pretty much every day, in some way. I don't spend a fortune, like I do on my hobbies, it's just part of my normal everyday life, part of who I am.

Aspiring Member
    I have called it a "hobby" .......sorry if I offended someone.......

I enjoy wearing women's clothing but it is not something I feel I "MUST" do daily. I can get by a day, a week, or even a month if need be........ and sometimes I don't want to dress. I am just in a different place than some........but at last check still a CD!

I do not believe it is always wrong to call it a hobby. Depending on the audience, their need to know, the amount of time available, etc. calling it a hobby will suffice when a better explanation would not be appropriate.

Best wishes
    MsVal

For me the best word to decribe it is "therapy". Another secondary description would be the word "exercise". It's no different than going to the gym. Neither therapy or exercise are fun but the result for me is as a healing balm, overall health is the goal for me.
    Last edited by Kristia; 05-17-2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: misspelled word