Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Southern Comfort questions!

I have yet to go but seeing how I've now lived in Atlanta for two years I'm thinking this is an event I should start attending (never been confident enough to go out dressed )

Thumbs up

Kate,

Don't worry about being a first time attendee or that you've never been out dressed before. You are not alone! Check the web site but when you register you can tell the organizers that you are a first timer and they have a program to provide people help you get out of your room as your feminine self.

You aren't the first time somebody goes public for the first time at the event. They are prepared for helping you make that important first step!

I would also suggest that even though you live in Atlanta that you stay at the hotel. Then you are immersed in the total experience with 1000+ trans people! It's definitely a friendly environment.

Good Luck!

Hope to see you there, Kate!

I really want to go to this. I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing. Going alone and not knowing anyone is a bit scary

I would love to go, but my profession--a teacher, wont allow it. School starts that week of the SCC. However, I'm going to try to attend at some point!

Aspiring Member
    I've dreamed of going ever since they started it but as I am originally from that area and still pretty much closeted I was too paranoid. I have gone over to the hotel and met up with some friends in drab before they got dolled up for the event. For the events I have attended that usually begin about mid week and go thru Saturday I had to shave twice daily. Once before going out in AM then again before the evening sessions. Believe me, after about 3 days of this it's gets old fast. By Saturday night I am pretty much spent. Have a great time though!!

I don't think that you are going to have any problems at all at Southern Comfort Maya...! You should go while you have the chance !!!!!

Maya,
    I was hesitant to go too but did it for a short time & loved it.
    I'm close, so last year I drove down Friday after work & changed in a friends room. It was wonderful seeing all the others, talking (lots of great stories), drinking, laughing, karokeing (is that a word?) sang in front of a crowd en femme, taking pictures ... used the ladies room. Met some other ladies from South Carolina & a few from Knoxville, TN, Saw ladies that looked better than gg's & others for who it was probably their first time out. It was over way too soon & I drove home en femme early Saturday morning.

You don't HAVE to stay dressed the whole time. Take it at your own pace. I would have loved to go to some of the seminars, gotten a make-over, done the evening dinners & the ball ( Great reason to go shopping).

I would love to go for longer this year but not the whole time. We'll see. As others have lamented, life sometimes gets in the way..

GO,, you'll have a fantastic time!

Hugs, Connie Marie

If you go stop in and say Hi...I'll be there. :-)
    ~Maxi
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I've not been (due to financial reasons) however, I understand the itinerary is posted in advance, so maybe you could pick one or even two days that most appeal to you and just go for that day.