Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sitting in our nightgowns

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    You do realize that men have historically worn nightgown? They are more commonly called "nightshirts" these days but they are the same thing. The men's styles tend to have longer sleeves and are made from coarser fabrics, but they are basically the same.
    I wear exactly the same nightgown as my wife. Well almost. My favorite has shorter sleeves. She calls mine a a nightshirt. I wore it when my daughter and grand daughter came to visit and I wore it when I visited friends. Nobody has ever even raised an eyebrow. Nighshirts or nightgowns for men may be a bit old fashioned but they are part of the culture. If I could find a nightcap that was cute I would wear that too for the full Winkle

Recently, that is how we have enjoyed our morning coffee on the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidownunder View Post
    Funny My wife wears pjs I wear nightgowns go figure
    Mine too, but we do have one negligee set matching, hers in white, mine in black.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    You do realize that men have historically worn nightgown? They are more commonly called "nightshirts" these days but they are the same thing. The men's styles tend to have longer sleeves and are made from coarser fabrics, but they are basically the same.
    I have a couple of men's "nightshirts", and I also have several Hanes Her Way cotton nightgowns, they are a lot like a t shirt, but have a cap sleeve. I like the HHW way more than the others. My wife mostly wears PJ's, but at times will wear a night gown.

She has been close friends with a women for over 40 years. When she comes to visit, we sit in the living room, them in their PJ's, and me in my nightgown. The first time we did this, her friend comments on my nightshirt, and the wife says, it's a HHW cotton nightgown, her friend asked where we got them, she thought it looked comfy.

Depending on what is going on, we change around 8:00 pm and lounge around. I have two pretty basic nylon gowns; one long and one knee length. And we have matching long sleeve black silk gowns just past knee length.

My wife prefers pajamas and has several nice pair from Secrets in Lace. I usually wear panties and pantyhose with my gown and my wife is fine with that. She accepts I am wired a little different and says life is too short to fret over an issue like this.

While I would love a double layered nylon negligee, I don't push the issue with anything too feminine.