Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diet Club

Diet Club

Hi Girls
    I have always had a weight problem and I have decided to shed the pounds.
    Well I was just wondering if anyone else would be interested in sharing Ideas on different diets and giving each other support when the need for chocolate takes over.
    cause I don't know about the rest of you but i would love a more fem shape.
    And to help we could possibly post before and after pictures. and how much weight loss on a weekly basis. or even start weight and target weight.
    and if your weekly weight was achieved how managed it.
    Please let me know you veiws on this.
    [SIZE=4]:GE: CROSS MY PALM WITH GOLD, CAUSE SILVER'S CHEAP[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6]EMELDA[/SIZE]
    My picture thread http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28557

I don't know how much assistance I can be, But I can certainly stand to loose 20 or 30 lbs, Currently at 195lbs and only 5'4" tall

I am game for whatever it takes to loose the weight. Providing I do not have to give up my coffee that is.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I'm 270lbs and 6' 2'' so I could do with losing about 60 - 80lbs
    [SIZE=6]EMELDA[/SIZE]

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urban gypsy
    I'm 270lbs and 6' 2'' so I could do with losing about 60 - 80lbs
    That's me too and thinking that it's time.... where to start??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

I'll give this some thought but not sure how to get it started.
    [SIZE=6]EMELDA[/SIZE]

A little over a year ago, I was 267 pounds. Now i'm down ton 235. Basically, all I did was cut out unecessary snacking and soda, drank more water, and ate smaller portions at meals.

Also made sure to eat healthier meals. Baked instead of fried. More fresh fruit and veggies. More fiber from whole grains. At one point in time, I think I was living on peanut butter, apples, and oatmeal.

I probably could have lost more if I had actually excercised.
    Hail Satin!

It's interesting that here in my small town a gg that has been overweight all her life took the major step of stomach bypass or some derivative of that. She has been very successful since the surgery in losing significant weight and that should be no surprise to anyone. What I found amusing was that after the surgery her doctor told her what she needed to do to make the weight she desired. LESS FOOD INTAKE and EXERCISE. One of our mutual friends commented that if she'd done that in the first place she wouldn't have needed the surgery. I know this is easier said than done and simpler sounding than it might actually be but this was the bottom line. I have never had a weight problem regardless of diet but diet and exercise (and removal of 3# of fat around the waist through LIPO) were necessary to take my 6' 2" 195# body down to 165# and what I consider to be as femme a figure as most males will ever achieve without hormones and considerably more exercise than I care to do. I can promise any of you that regardless of how much weight you lose, the improvement in self perception when dressed will give you something that money can't buy. I can think of no greater motivation to drop pounds and keep them off than seeing one's self in the mirror in femme clothing and the improved femme figure that results from the weight loss.

Banned Read only
    I lost weight - went from 205 lbs to as low as 139.2 lbs. All from road biking. I took me 2 years to lose that weight, and my food intake was whatever food I can eat without losing weight from dieting. I burned off all my fat from exercise. My change in diet was only not overating junk food and just drinking diet sodas.

I posted past threads on how to lose weight.

I'm 5' 4" at 146.4 lbs 16% body fat. I'm mostly a size 6, but I have some size 4 & 2 outfits that I can fit. That's so nice because I used to be a size 14 to 16, 16 at my fattest.

My only change in lifestyle is watching what I eat everyday so that I don't gain weight. And I go for biking workouts when the weather is good.

Raychel - at you height and weight - you must be a size 14 to 16 - what I used to be.

Biking is really good for you, not just to lose weight but reduce stress. I finally got a replacement bike and i'm back to riding about 10-15 miles a day.

The secret is not to go on a diet, but change your health style for life. Watch the bad fats and sugers, make them treats, in moderation. Eat whatever you want, just do not over eat. Listen to your body it will tell you if it is still hungry. Drink water, eat fruits and vegatables. Excersize, I have lost over 100lbs in the last year and I am actually less hungry now. I eat slower, better balanced meals, lots of water. I walk to work and the mile to the grocery store, plus at least 3 miles a day walking for walkings sake. It's about living healthy, it works.

Jenney
    [SIZE=7][SIZE=4]Jenney Love[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I have lost 120lbs and now I am free to be me!

Banned Read only
    I guess Jenny's losing weight from walking is inexpensive. Biking to lose weight is expensive, as a nice road bike will cost you at least $1000. Plus it would be nice to get a heart rate monitor.

Jenny - how many hours per week did you devote to exercise?

Running to lose weight is bad because you can damge your joints / knees / hips from all the shock.

I can still eat candy, potatoe chips, even high calorie pecan pie - and my weight will mostly stay the same. But I gained winter weight of 4 to 6 lbs from not being able to exercise during winter. Didn't affect my dress size though.

Before I had baratric surgery, I went to weight watchers. I really liked the way they operated. Got good recipes and many good ideas on how to loose weight. My problem was the meds I was on. The Dr said it was keeping me from loosing weight. So I went for the surgery. Lost 175 lbs and have gained 10 back after 2 years.

Love to be in pantyhose
    I am in. I need to lose 20-30 pounds. I will start on Monday. Currently weigh 205 and I am 6'1". My start will be to walk the tread,ill or at the mall and to write down everything that I eat and keep it as a notebook for reference. This way if I do not lose the weight then I will know why.
    We definitely to support each other on this. When I get the 25 pounds off, then I will post a picture.

As someone who successfully got rid of 40 lbs last year and wants to continue the effort this year. I believe the answer is sensible, controlled eating and adequate excecise every day - I stick to a minimum 40 mins walking every day.

To be honest I agree with the other girls you must watch the content of what you eat, if you dont know get a calorie counter program and follow it for a some months. You will learn whats good for you then!

Once a week give yourself a day off - dont splurge just dont be so strict on youself.

I figured out I needed to take some time for myself (at about the same time I came to terms with CDing). The best time is first thing in the morning - does your boss notice if you get into work at 7.30 am. I doubt it. Get up early, excercise and then get into the office at 8.30. You will get more done and be healthier for it.

Guess what, you can fit into nicer things too - like panties, camis, etc etc

Simone

BTW - the avatar is my target (haha)

Losing Weight

I too need desperatley to get on track with my weight issue. I attend Overeater Anonymous meetings. I had success in OA before. OA is patterned after the Twelve-Step recovery method of Alcoholics Anonymous. It is a lifelong program,worked "One Day at a Time". It works when I work it. I am a binge eater, I eat over emotional issues,whether sad, angry or joyous. OA shows me how to live life without doing that. If you have had a lifelong battle with food obsession maybe OA is what would work for you as well. Hugs, Darlene

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse69
    Jenny - how many hours per week did you devote to exercise?
    I don't "devote" any time per week for excercise. I have made excerise part of my daily routine. I wear a pedometer and always make sure I do at least 10,000 steps a day, generally closer to 15,000 steps. If I am falling short for the day I will go for a walk after supper. The pedometer gives you a visual clue that you are not moving enough. Even walking around your office for 5 minutes every hour throughout the day will go a long way towards giving you your steps for the day. Throw in a walk at lunch and you will have your 10,000 steps by the end of the day. 2,000 steps is about a mile, this will vary with your personal stride.

Jenney
    [SIZE=7][SIZE=4]Jenney Love[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I have lost 120lbs and now I am free to be me!

Jenny, I love the pedometer idea. I will definitly be getting one and putting that plan it to place. I also don't set aside anytime for exercise. I have tried that in the past, but everytime that I get on the treadmill, the kids start to fighting. Then not only do I have to stop the walking, but now I am all stressed out from the kids. But with a pedometer I could make sure during the day that I was going to meet the goal.

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

So, How much coffee is allowed on this diet??

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Raychel
    So, How much coffee is allowed on this diet??
    I can drink 3 full tall cups of coffee at work each day and not gain weight. The trick is that I sweeten the coffe with a LITTLE sugar - then I use a lot of Splenda to sweeten it to my taste. You have to buy Splenda in the big bags and bring this to work every day for your coffee.

I think Splenda alone is not strong enough to sweeten coffee right - that's why I add a little sugar.

I am amazed that people lost a lot more weight than me from just walking. My 4 road bikes cost from $1512 to $3718 each plus my heart rate monitor so it was expensive. And I did 2080 miles in 2004 to go from 192 to 159. 3083.2 miles in 2005 to go from 165 to as low as 139.2.

But having a good road bike is good for transportation. Saves gas and gives you exercise. And it helps when you go to hard to park at areas.

I lost almost 50 pounds in 9 months. Secret - ice hockey twice a week plus portion control and no eating after dinner. Had to stop at 170 pounds because my wife and all my friends said i didnt look healthy.

Love Karren

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    Had to stop at 170 pounds because my wife and all my friends said i didnt look healthy.
    Love Karren
    Approximately how tall are you?
    170 should be good up to 6'2''...
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by Reana
    LESS FOOD INTAKE and EXERCISE. One of our mutual friends commented that if she'd done that in the first place she wouldn't have needed the surgery. I know this is easier said than done and simpler sounding than it might actually be but this was the bottom line.
    It sounds so simple: eat less and exercise more. I am 5 feet 10 inches tall in my stocking feet, and I used to weigh almost 190 pounds, even more after a beer and brat binge. I looked ridiculous in a dress and got read a lot.

I finally got sick of the way I looked and felt, and vowed to go for it. I went on a 24 hour fast, and the next day I ate nothing but a pineapple (the Beverly Hills diet) which had the effect of killing my appetite, I felt so bloated.

I shaved down and started swimming every day. I bought a leotard and tights and the Jane Fonda workout tape. I walked everywhere. I started jogging every morning before breakfast.

About breakfast: the more you exercise, the higher your metabolism gets, if you eat regularly. I never skip a meal. A bowl of cereal, or a half grapefruit and an English muffin, is a perfect, low calorie breakfast. Have an apple for lunch. For dinner, a lean cuisine dinner with a salad and ice tea will fill you up.

Try getting dressed up whenever possible: I call it the crossdressers diet. It's harder to stuff your face or swill down beers when you're wearing a dress, especially if you're out en femme. Whenever my weight goes up a few pounds, I doll myself up and hit Michigan Avenue. The walking is great exercise, and I eat dainty when I'm dressed like that.

The bottom line? My weight went down to 160 pounds. It went up a few pounds over the holidays, so I'm dressing more and enjoying the crossdressers diet.

Ask Windy Cissy

So here is the little deal I made with myself yesterday. Kinda like laying down the rules for the kids. If I don't spend my time on the treadmill every day, then I have to stay dressed completely in drab that night.

I had to spend the night last night in tighty whities. Very good incentive to get your butt moving.

I count calories. I also reduce my portion sizes.

My wife and I both want to lose about 20-40 pounds. With two kids, two careers, etc, finding time to keep track of calories, to exercise, etc was a challenge. That said, I think the secret to losing weight is not really secret at all, just requires personal change...

1. Make exercise apart of your daily routine.
    2. Watch what you eat, both in quantity and quality. Baked over frying, one serving rather than two...
    3. Eat slower. It takes about 20 minutes for your stomach to communicate to your mind that you are full. By eating slower, you eat less, and still get that full feeling.
    4. Get your sleep. Self explanatory.
    5. And if all else fails, get a buddy who can help you be accountable for your progress (or lack there of).

Did I miss anything?

BTW I am 5ft 9in, wieghing 196 (just weighed this morning) which is on average down 4 pounds from this time last month. I would be happy with a weight of 170, but ecstatic if I could lose more!!!
    Ciao!
    Lizz:cheeky:

Just living life one day at a time...

What finally worked for me

About three years ago I topped out at 350 lbs. I started a program at church called First Place. It focuses you back on a healthy lifestyle which includes diet, exercise, accountability, bible study, and several more commitments. You make these commitments to Christ and yourself. I am currently around 255 with another planned loss of 30-35 pounds. It has been slow and not alwats easy but when I keep my commitments I consistently lose weight.

Their web site is WWW.FirstPlace.org.