Thread: Interesting responses

Interesting responses

A few days ago I was having a lunch time drink with a few male friends. A person who was either a CD or someone transitioning walked by on their way to the toilets. All 3 of the group had noticed but it was more their body language that gave it away. I could tell that my friends weren't sure but when the person came back one of them said, "That's a bloke?" But there was still an element of doubt.
    And that was the end of it. No vitriol, no pointed remarks just on with the conversation.
    I suppose the point of this post is to reinforce what has been said many times. If my friends are fairly typical then we have little to fear when being out and about. OK, I have to say the quality of presentation was very good much better than I'll ever achieve and perhaps that played it's part. And yes there are the knuckle draggers about but I took heart from what I experienced that day.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I believe things have gotten for us girls over the years, take it from someone that has been out for years! When I first starting going out in the early 80's the vast majority of the community was very closeted, we can thank the internet for bringing us into the light as well as affording a bit more acceptance. I still remember going into a dress shop around 1982 here in the LA area and the owner came up and asked if I was a crossdresser. I told her yes and she was full of questions. She told me she had heard of them and assumed some of her ale customers may be one but I was the first one that had ever come into her shop dressed. I doubt there is a store in SoCal that can make that claim today!

You've come a long way Baby!
    Some ask why? Some ask why not? I ask "Does this pump come in a 9 1/2?"

Platinum Member
    Hi Helen, Most people are so wrapped up in their own little world to care .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Most people see the oddity and nothing more, it is a wonderful feeling that more are feeling that way than taking a redneck attitude.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Something you might not have considered?
    Maybe your friends have wondered about you. And as such toned down their response.
    In my life, over the past years I have let my hair grow longer than my girlfriend's.
    My nails are longer than most women and covered with clear low shine nail polish, and I have no visible body hair.
    None of my male friends have commented, cept when I pierced my ears.
    I would be willing to bet they have their thoughts, but none have asked the question... Yet?

It's just a mild curiosity gone in a few seconds. Most people are too wrapped up in their own lives to pay any real attention. If they even notice in the first place.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Helen, Most people are so wrapped up in their own little world to care .
    I think it's this. ^^^

Most people just don't care. Why else do most of the problems you all deal with involve the wife? Because it affects us personally. Everyone else barely notices you, and the rest will forget you three seconds after the fact.
    Last edited by Tinkerbell-GG; 05-09-2014 at 06:18 AM.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    In our sport, it's not "location" that matters, it's all about "presentation"! And, obviously, even with a perfect presentation we may still get "made"!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronny0 View Post
    Something you might not have considered?
    Maybe your friends have wondered about you. And as such toned down their response.

I would be willing to bet they have their thoughts, but none have asked the question... Yet?
    I really relate to this comment. In my small trusted confidant group at work, when a gender crossover comment comes up I watch everyone's micro expressions. That little funny vibe moment is priceless. I'm pretty sure at this point they are beyond suspicion but, this is a small bright mature group and we don't have any issues with each other.
    Sometimes it's like, "You're dress is fabulous. Thanks for helping me plan my weekend!"
    "Yea, don't you wish!"
    My coworkers are so cool!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

The comments about folks being wrapped up in their own little world do go some way to explaining the reaction I witnesses. I do think however that given that it was a bunch of men who'd had a beer or two, the fact that there wasn't at least one barbed remark goes a fair way to illustrating that for a great many of the non CD population things like this are a non event.
    As for the guys knowing about me; I doubt it. British culture is such that if something like that is suspected then the (generally gentle) teasing remarks start. Nothing to date.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed