Thread: Do you try to spot CDs in public?

Do you try to spot CDs in public?

I found myself doing something today that I have never done before. I was (en homme) out with my kids - lunch, a little walking and window shopping, a sidewalk café for a cold drink, and enjoying spring. I always watch people wherever I go. I love to observe people and often I just like to admire beauty. Today I found myself looking at people, hoping to read a CD. It's like I wanted to spot one so that I could tell her that I was proud of her. Would I actually have said something had I spotted one of us? No I don't think so - none of us are looking to be read or to have our privacy invaded. There are brave people out and about every day, overcoming lots of different obstacles and challenges and I wouldn't approach them either. Anyway, it's just what went through my mind today.

If you do see me out and about, just say hi and complement me on something I'm wearing....

I've had gg's come up to me and say things like "I love your boots" or in the mall looking for dresses "you'd look great in this". Just make small talk if we happen to get close. Smile and say, you look great today would be fine by me...

Be careful asking a girl if she's a CDr. I've seen many a GG who don't have many feminine characteristics ...... just be nice...

Renne.....

All the time!...I need some friends!

Absolutely not.

Simply appreciate what people look like, no matter who they are or how they present.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Like RenneB said, if you see me out and about feel free to come on over and make friends.

Not much. I have only seen three or four in my life, that i know of.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think I would be OK if an endrab CDer came up to me and said you look nice I CD too.That would break the ice just fine.
    I have had GG's compliment me on boots or tops/jackets quite a few times.They have the decency not to admit they know you are a CDer.

Crossdresser
    To answer your question, no. I don't get off on watching other people. In fact, I like to bust who is watching me. A quick look is one thing, but staring is another. Then if you come at me, especailly if I don't know who the hell you are, I will treat you like a threat. So instead of doing something useless like people watching, why don't you get up and do something productive.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    no, not really. I think i have seen a few in public, but have never approached or said anything.

I have seen several, that I would think is trans/cd. But then again, you do get very masculine gg's too...

What I have notice a lot recently is very tall gg's... close or over 6 foot...

If I would confront another CD, I don't think so, unless the circumstances allow it.

Banned Read only
    Pamela I only look on the basis of what other people get away with, I look at their traits and see how they deal with them only to compare how I would present myself.
    I have seen two Cders, one in the UK, she was in a grocery store waiting in a line to pay, she presented well enough but the wait was making her more nervous which was the giveaway, by the time she got to the cashier she could hardly speak. I wanted so much to say something but was too far back in the line to catch up with her.
    The other Cder was in San Francisco, I was just sitting in a cable car at the bottom of Market when I saw a tall slim well dressed girl waiting to get on , she was very well presented but she stood out as overdone but BOY was she loving it !

Yes, Pamela. I have been trying to do the same as you sometimes! Just something in my mind telling me that would be fine to stop by and say "Hi brother, I would like to do the same as you, you are not alone, let's walk together for a while". Something that I really will never do! But, if you ask me if it didn't ever come to my mind, I must say yes.
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Pamela,

I find myself doing so but then again I don't think I would go up and say anything as you never know. There are plenty of GGs who have a masculine look to them and that could be quite embarrassing. If I were "en femme" and I noted another gal whom I though was CD I would go up and pay a compliment (nice shoes, dress) but not mention the CDing bit as for some it is a private affair. Of course if the girl looked like a "deer on opening season" I would wave off so as not to frighten here on what could be her first time out.

Hugs

Isha

I look for sisters....but I would never approach them in public. If I caught someone's eye I might give a knowing wink, but that would be it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member
    I don't spend my time looking for cross dressers. Sometimes I do consciously look at what women are wearing comparing their look to my own crossdressing styles. I learn and gain confidence. I don't try to read crossdressers even though I do see some. I don't try to make contact or give them a special wink. One thing I admit doing is looking at men passing by and trying to picture what they would look like with make-up, long hair and female clothes. I think many would look very good.

Gold Member
    I saw several last night. Oh, that's right, I was at a Tri-Ess meeting.

I don't go looking for any of us. But I would be lying if I didn't admit to looking at someone and then my alarms went off. But you never know, you can only suspect. That is why it is good to not approach someone.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I TRY all the time...LOL....I often wonder though if they are cd's or really awful looking gals...i know...terrible

I have enough trouble staying out of sight myself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I honestly have better things to do Pamela. I mean unless we are training to be a detective or a forward observer in the military I fail to see the point of such an exercise. Otherwise it's "live and let live" if you know what I mean.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I've inly seen two of us in public. One was with her gender therapist before she had her gender changed. She is absolutely stunning now. And the other was on day I bent down to pick up my pen in class. I was dressed as a man except for my panties and apparently they were showing a little and that person stood behind me and said " Us girls gotta stick together," gave me a wink her number and we've been besties ever since!!

Like most of us I probably look for possible sisters when out and about. while I've seen a few who *might* have been sisters I don't recall any who I could say were *definitely* CDers. I have a couple of GG friends who would also trip my TG-DAR if I didn't know them well.

I would never question a possible sister about her birth gender. That would be very impolite.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Where I work there is a woman who has gone through transition and so often I have wanted to say how I admire her, but at last, I just watch and think how great it must be. I probably see her once or twice a week too...
    Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

LOL. its really hard to tell i mean there're girls out there who dress rather punky and boyish. i guess most CDs who appear in public are usually pretty good with concealing their flaws so much so that you can't really tell.

No, but I tend to check out good looking females and I've seen some that I gathered were CDs.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I saw one of the members of our local Tri-Ess group shopping a couple of weeks ago. Since she knew me and recognized my guy appearance I said hi and we chatted a while. I've seen people who I was pretty sure were CD, but since I didn't know them and they didn't know me I just sent good vibes for their continued comfort and success.

I've run into other men browsing the racks of skirts or women's tops but neither of us has said anything. He could be there for a totally different reason, I don't know.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.