Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: THE only way "we" are ever going to be taken seriously...

Considering Hollywood loves Cop and detective programs... how about a gg cop and her cd private detective husband. They solve crimes as sisters, always worried someone will catch on the the husbands secret?
    Only kidding!!!!!
    But it is the kind of show that might actually get made. Sigh...

Banned Read only
    @Lori - take your 5 TG folks and their families and put 'em all in one crazy big house. Film dialogue like: "bitch, those are MY shoes!!!" Quality reality TV ensues.

You're welcome - just send me royalty checks.

that would be funny Paula. Since a lot of the "Housewives of....." is scripted I am sure we could come up with some of the dialogue
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Platinum Member
    Hi Wah, Reality shows are about as far away from reality as you can get.
    I don't think they would help the cause.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    sign me up.....I'd make that show interesting......I dont even need 4 other people....just my real life cd gal pals to come along for the ride, somebody will wind up with a spinnoff for sure !
    " The Single Life Of Adriana" .....and my inbox is flooded ( with men...and thats ok with me) my fingers just cramp from hitting delete,delete,delete.

Then again you said to be taken seriously...and I dont even take myself seriously...I'm a dude..in a dress how serious can we be
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 05-17-2014 at 05:21 PM. Reason: seriously

Banned Read only
    Suggested Title for a reality show about me and my girlfriends: "Texas T-Girls"

Following the adventures of three trans women in North Dallas, it would be something like: "sex in the city", but with (a lot) higher heels, and well, cowboys. About the same number of gay people as SITC, surprisingly enough. Each girl lives in a different environment, one in the gay district of Oak Lawn, one in historic (and now Hispanic) east Dallas, and one in the angry and outraged suburbs of whitest Plano, where the churches are big, but the transphobia is even bigger!

Just the settings alone provide ample comedic and dramatic opportunities.

One of the girls is pretty passable, and is sort of invisible. One isn't passable, doesn't care, and one isn't passable and dresses like a big Barbie doll. They are in various stages of being out. (This also makes for some comedy and drama.)

I suspect I'll eventually write a book about this - some of it is just hilarious.

Reality Check
    I am one who thinks ALL "Reality" shows are just awful and have no redeeming qualities whatsoever. There is no "reality" to them, it's just a way to produce cheap shows to fill air time. If people take these shows seriously, society is in big trouble.

A nice reality show about crossdressers could not exist because it would never get the ratings. It would have to be a standard fake 'reality' show where the contestants fight each other, where the goal of the show is to have the people on it make fools of themselves, show the worst sides of themselves, including how delusional we are about our ability to pass (so the audience can laugh at us). Perhaps there are some people here who would be willing to be made a fool of for their 15 minutes of fame, but don't have any doubt, it would not be a show that would be about the nice things about us. Nice does not ratings make. What the networks want is the 'Jerry Springer' quality crossdressers, the controversial, crazy extroverted loons that people find entertaining. A 50 year old overweight guy who simply wants to dress up, look as pretty as possible, talk about clothes and make up, perhaps meet other crossdressers without a lot of fuss, no one's going to watch that. They want the drama of a crossdresser coming out of the closet to his wife, going to bars to pick up men (perhaps fooling a man into believing he's a woman so the audience can see the poor victim's reaction when he sees he's been fooled), well you get the idea. People don't want to deal with the concept. Even on the Drew Carey show they had to abandon that side of his brother character because it simply wasn't a popular concept, because it wasn't made controversial enough.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    One of the girls is pretty passable, and is sort of invisible. One isn't passable, doesn't care, and one isn't passable and dresses like a big Barbie doll. They are in various stages of being out. (This also makes for some comedy and drama.)
    I suspect I'll eventually write a book about this - some of it is just hilarious.
    So all that remains unanswered for me Paula, is which one of the girls parts are you writing yourself in for...? And if you can find some way to bring back JR and Sue Ellen in bit parts I'll watch the whole first series... promise!

And Lexi:
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Perhaps there are some people here who would be willing to be made a fool of for their 15 minutes of fame...
    How long have you been here? The Producers would be beating them off with sticks... In fact, the plot of 'The Producers' would fit a failed reality show really well - just throw in a few crossdressing Nazis and Bingo! - "Springtime for Paula and the Gayborhood... Winter for xxxx and xxxx... " (add your own despised icons here..)

I suspect Paula's got it right - it would be hilarious, and look what the approach did for the Osbournes...

It get's my vote Paula - get writing!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    So all that remains unanswered for me Paula, is which one of the girls parts are you writing yourself in for...? And if you can find some way to bring back JR and Sue Ellen in bit parts I'll watch the whole first series... promise!
    I pass pretty well now, even without makeup. HRT has been good to me. I'll get better with time & surgeries. So I'd be the sort of invisible girl. Except I walk really funny. So I'm not invisible at all. People just think I'm a woman who walks funny, I guess! (That might have to be altered for TV, sadly.) One thing that would be in the show, that I can't talk about here - is our sex lives, which are surprisingly active, but not suitable for discussion on this forum. (Which is unfortunate, because some of those stories are really funny too!)

I can't bring JR back - Larry Hagman sadly has passed on. But would it suffice if two of the gay / lesbian bars we sometimes visit are J.R.'s and Sue Ellen's?

Could be a nice mix of comedy / drama / reality. I don't mean to make light of transition. It's quite hard in many ways, for some more than others. But I think a show that was fairly funny, while being realistic, would actually humanize us a lot, rather than making us just a collection of unwatchably sad stories. And some of the process really is hilarious. Even though it hurts like hell - the truth is, my face really does look like I head-butted a beehive after I finish electrolysis! And the clothes, omg, the clothes. Let's just say that one of us has a fashion sense that many girls here would approve of! (Nothing like being 6' 2" and rocking 5" clear hooker heels - to the mall...)

I'd want to include trans men, CDs, drag queens, all sorts of folks in the spectrum. All of those people are a part of my life in one way or another. It's an interesting world that exists mostly under the noses of all the cis folks. They stand in line at Starbucks, doing boring crap, while we lead our lives, often rather invisibly to them.

So when I'm not crying about the hard parts, mostly I'm laughing at the stuff that happens in my life now. It's really unbelievable, some of it, and a lot of it is really, really funny.