Thread: International Travel and dressing

International Travel and dressing

I always look forward to my business trips and the chance to dress in new cities and meet other CD's. In June I am going to London for a a week, business but could tack on a day or two for me time. I have been there many times but never been out dressed. Very comfortable getting around. London is a great place, and I assume a middle age girl could have a fun time out and about. Just a bit concerned of a worst case senerio and being in a foriegn country. Would love to hear all your thought on dressing internationally. Convince me that I have nothing to worry about. Hugs, Algoma
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

You shouldn't have any trouble in london beyond that any tourist might encounter. Just stick to popular places at sensible times, keeping your wits about you, and you should have a great time. Do some research beforehand if you're looking to go to any specific trans venues etc. I can't recommend any personally but I travel extensively around central london using public transport without any issues. Enjoy your trip.

I spent a glorious Sunday en femme in London: dressed in a blazer and kilt, I started the morning with a walk through Hyde Park, did some window shopping in Knightsbridge, then it was on to Harrod's and Fortnum's before I rode the tube to the National Gallery to take in the Titians. Another stroll through Piccadilly and some more shopping on Oxford Street, a coffee at Selfridges and then the bus back to my hotel. This was early in my crossdressing career and I wasn't quite as confident back then, and I think some girls might have read me on the tube and there was one rude comment from a guy on Oxford Street, but in broad daylight on a Sunday afternoon I felt very safe.

When traveling overseas you need to survey the surroundings and sound things out before doing anything.

That is my humble opinion.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Don't know the scene in London anymore but you should check out trans friendly places there and plan a night out. I'd have very little problem strolling around central London dressed during the day as well. Londoners are well used to seeing anything and anyone.

If you want to get out of London, Manchester has a good scene too. I've have never seen so many CDs, Drag queens etc just casually going about their business. In fact at one stage I seriously considered moving there and starting to live full time as a woman.

Manchester sounds like it could be fun. Any suggestion on a hotel or clubs. As far as London, Anyone been to the Wayout Club?
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller