Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a couple of days

What a couple of days

This week has sucked. On Saturday I lost the love of my life. My wife passed away following a battle with cancer. She had been diagnosed with breast cancer back in 2012 (shortly after I was told I was in remission) and went through chemo and a mastectomy. In September of 2013 she was pronounced in remission. Then comes February. She was having trouble breathing and I took her to the ER. They told us the cancer was back and has spread all over. Her Liver, Brain and bones were involved. She started chemo and radiation and fought a good fight. Saturday her body lost the battle. I say her body because the cancer killed her body but not her soul. I have been a mess since then. I have a had a lot of support from my family and friends. My wife had been supportive of my dressing at first but had cooled a bit over time. She did not mind just so long as i did not do it while she was around. My sister and a good friend of mine both know about my dressing and have been supportive. I ended up telling my step mom the other day. She was very cool about it and I was able to sit and watch tv in my nightgown. She texted me the next day and asked if my dad knew. I said no and she said I should tell him and that he would be cool. She told him and he came to me and told me that he infact dresses on occasion and has actually been out while dressed. I was floored. It has just been a week and I am ready to just relax.

Dear Brook,

I am so sorry for your loss.

My condolences,

Caitlyn
    “If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

--Jack Handy

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Brook so sorry for your loss it's very difficult to loose a spouse.
    Pray you will make it thru this time of grief

Silver Member
    Sorry, I know it hurts right now.

As someone who also lost my wife a few years back, I'd also want to offer my condolences. Be strong and I'm glad you have the family's support.

Sad to hear about your wife, Brook.

Brook,
    I am sorry to hear about your wife.

Cancer is so cruel.

I wish you well for the future.

Really I cant express my sorrow any more than this.

Stay strong within yourself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Even though I have had the worst couple of months in my life as well, My own pity party will be going on hold after reading about the rough time that has enveloped you. You have my condolences Brook, and know that my prayers will now include you in them to ask for our Lord to hold you tight during this hard time.

Brook,

So sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Sorry to hear about your loss. I am sure enjoying your life to the fullest is what your wife wanted of you. So live on.

Brook - I am so sorry to hear of your wife's passing. She must have been one brave lady. Thinking of you,
    Amanda.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I'm so sad to hear about your loss Brook. What a horrible thing for you to go through:
    But what an enlightening experience with your father.
    Friends and family are always there for you, just reach out when needed and someone
    will be there to take your hand.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Brook,

Very sorry for your loss...you and your family are in my prayers.

-Jenny

Platinum Member
    Very sorry about your loss. Of course there is nothing that can make up for your wife's passing. Despite this life goes on, and you have a truly remarkable support group.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Brook, 10 years ago, I was in your same position. My wife had Hepatitis C for many many years. At her doctor's recommendation, she tried a new therapy with a fairly new medication (can't recall the name right now), and we thought all was well. Tests detected no viral load at all. About a year later, she woke up, very short of breath. A trip to the ER, an admission to ICU, and two weeks later she was gone. I can say, from personal experience, it does get better. Time has a way of soothing things and making the painful memories into treasured remembrances. There are days I still miss her, but my life is good and happy, and I know she'd want that for me.

Take care, and if I can ever help, I'm a PM away.

Megan

Very sorry for your loss. To lose a spouse is so difficult,and having others to relate to makes for some comfort. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I can only imagine what you must be going through. HUG. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your finding support from your family.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Oh, dear Brook, I am so sorry to read about your loss.

There are several regulars here who have lost a spouse. You are in kind, warm, loving company. ((HUG))

There are probably ten thousand thoughts running through your head, bumping into one another, competing for attention, and most of them don't even make sense right now. With time, the cacophony will quiet and you will once again find peace.

This is a seminal point in your life, an unfortunate and uncomfortable marker of when life as a married person ended and your new reality began.

There will be a time to resume 'normal' life. Right now, accept our sympathy and carry on to the best of your ability.

Best wishes
    MsVal

My Condolences. (f-ng cancer-f-ng medical field-f-ng Doctors)
    Sorry for the language but, as you can probably surmise, I am close to your situation...

As all have said soooo..sorry and I know the hurt of losing a loved one .... prayers and peace be with you.................Debra

Gold Member
    Brook:
    I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my wife about 14 months ago, and it still seams like it
    was yesterday. My wife had a Heart and Kidney problems, suffered a stroke witch left her
    in an almost vegetable state; I miss her a lot, but know that she is not in pain anymore.
    It is hard to lose you "Best Buddy", but with time, you will only remember the good times.
    Best of luck.
    Rader

My, You have been through A LOT, as you wrote! Some very difficult, and some pleasant surprises. One day at a time. My first . of only a few girlfriends died at age 21 , of suicide, but a long time SO would be a tougher loss.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Be well and take care ...

So sorry for your loss. She must have been a very special woman.

Platinum Member
    Hi Brook, It is always so sad to read a story like yours I hope that you can find piece in
    knowing that your wife is in a much better place now and will be there waiting there
    to be with you again someday.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!