Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 277 Replies!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93
    I think there are a fair number who indulge in fantasies because they really can't face up to the possibility that they are bi or gay.
    Or that they are actually women inside, and are straight? That scary prospect doesn't make being gay or bi seem so bad now does it?

I know that I wish I had been a gay man instead of a trans woman...

A thread describing a thread. How appropriate, since it was such a long thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    But don't rule out the possibility of falling in love someday when you least expect it. You had to be fluid to get into your categorical box in the first place, a similar fluidity can get you out of there as well. Either way, I hope you find happiness!!!
    So true. I never try to limit my vision of what could happen. Actually, I try not to think too much of the future in any detail. Maybe I should. It might actually manifest that way.

Hope everyone finds their match.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    wait I thought ALL crossdressers were gay??............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................kidding

Banned Read only
    @adriana - there really are gay crossdressers - but they really are in the minority.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i know...im just playing .....thats my #1 pet peeve

One of my biggest surprises from being here is learning that most are straight. I really expected a wider mix of orientations.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    One of my biggest surprises from being here is learning that most are straight. I really expected a wider mix of orientations.
    Indeed - the relative lack of homosexual CDs the large majority of heterosexual crossdressers has been noted by more than one scientist researching gender. It's a very interesting asymmetry. Who knows why that's the case, though? It goes against the notion that gender identity and expression are unrelated to sexual orientation, so the observation is fraught with political issues. On top of which, hardly anyone in science cares that much about trans *, and doubly doesn't care about CDs...

So is this the thread for people to talk about the "straight thread" but were afraid to? I am going to throw this out there.... That there are more CD's who wander from a perfect horizontal line of sexuality than do non CDers. I do think that much is evident. I do agree too, there has been enough research that has shown that a majority of us are indeed "straight" without exceptions, fantasy or only when dressed or with other CDs... whatever exception that some may feel still allows them to carry on the mantle of heterosexual.

I am not judging. I agree that identity and orientation are not directly connected. I do think though that there is a greater likelyhood of the two being somewhat in line.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Read only
    As far as I know, [and I could be wrong of course] Gay men are NOT turned on by females/the female form/female body parts. It's not Rocket Science that few would want to dress up as/try to pass as women.

A better question might be whether some percentage of Gay men are LESS "inspired" by their VISION as straight men.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    This has really burst my bubble.... I used to think I was the only one, I was unique, one of a kind... Now I realise I'm just one of a crowd...
    Call me Donna, please

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    As far as I know, [and I could be wrong of course] Gay men are NOT turned on by females/the female form/female body parts.
    And most 'butch' or 'maleish' presenting Lesbians I have known have ZERO interest in men.

What, are we *all* skirt chasers?

The gay men I have known have a 'type' they like... twink, bear, muscle, leather, 'straight appearing', but it doesn't vary in actual gender very much. I think that it is actually MORE visually realated. (at least IMAGE related)

Great observation, WAH.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Banned Read only
    @mechamoose - yeah gay guys objectify each other even more than straight guys do!

@WAH - what about drag queens?