Thread: Tale of a Better Future

Tale of a Better Future

Hey everyone! Been a while since I've posted, a LOT has happened! Pretty sure I got a long post coming up so here we go!

So, if anyone remembers my previous post about my panic attack, then this should come as a massive surprise to those who remember it. So, for a recap of those who did not read it, I had a panic attack while dressed and it scared me for a few days(Like I was constantly shaking in fear of it). So I told a very supporting friend, as well as my mom about, and they both suggested I dress outside of the house(as in not at the house, at someone else's house for example). My friend surprisingly was O.K. with the idea, and even invited me over to her house to wear her things!(I was incredibly shocked and even more so ecstatic.)Since I had known this GG for about 7 years, and she had known about my dressing for 5 as she was the very first person I had ever told(Which was a huge step, telling someone my secret at the young, young age of 13). Anyways, I haven't dressed with her as of yet since we have both been busy but time will soon come for that, she even surprised me with an offering which is easy to accept, but you'll find out about that a little later in the story

Anywho! So without too many details, about a month and a half ago I had found out my parents are splitting up(Still live with them) and that I had to choose between them. Now it was an easy choice that I would go with my mom. A bonus of that is she is supportive, but not involved with my dressing. Now, I wanted to talk with her one night about my dressing, and how active I could be with it at the new apartment. Since it was just my older sister(whos clothes I wear when I dress), my mom and I at the new place, I would have a lot of alone time and opportunities to dress. My mom still was on the fence that it was my escape from reality and that it was an addiction, which I assured her it is not negative and just something I enjoy doing every once and a while. We discussed for many hours, and I'm not even joking, hours haha. My mom can go off on tangents in conversations. So we settled that since I will have a lot of time to dress, that I could dress when no one was home, and that she doesn't want to see it, which is understandable and I agreed.

Now there was still one more matter I wanted to discuss with her, and that was my clothes situation. I have been wearing my older sisters clothes since I started dressing, so I wanted to discuss it with her too. A main reason of that was(besides the fact it was her clothes and wanted "permission" in a way to wear them)she was throwing away a lot of clothes I would wear regularly when I had the opportunity to dress, 2 main items being a super cute leopard bra and my favorite plaid skirt that was my first skirt ever worn(still fits! ). So I called my sister out to the garage with my mom there, and I straight out asked her. She did know about my dressing when I told her about 2 years prior, which she responded with "Why would I care that you wear my clothes?", which is probably the best thing a crossdresser can hear while looking for acceptance. But the next time I had an opportunity to dress, I received a text from her saying: "Stay away from my stuff...". So I was really confused, and hadn't dressed even though I had the chance. But alas, the next time I had the chance I wore her things, though only stuff I knew for a fact she did not wear. Which I continued to do and she hadn't mentioned anything or asked me about it so I assumed she had either not cared or had not noticed. Anyways! I asked her if she remembers me telling her I dressed, and she did. I then asked her if she remembers her response and still feels that way, for which she did(she didn't care that I dressed). So then, I needed to ask her, I needed her to save the clothes she's throwing away as it would be better for me to have them rather than the trash can. She was totally fine with it, and swiftly saved the clothes in a box for me when we moved. I hadn't asked her about the bra, for I didn't know how she felt about intimates and I. I'd rather just buy my own and keep them a secret.
    So this was HUGE step for me, I went from panicking to owning my clothes and dressing for an hour a day for five days straight in under a month! This is extremely exciting for me, and I just HAD to share it with everyone, as you all have been the biggest help of all!

On two side notes, 1)I got to keep the plaid skirt! I love it so, so much. And 2)for those who have made it to the end, my friend has offered me something very surprising I wasn't expecting. I told her this story, save the part she's in obviously, and she mentioned to me that my sister was super helpful for giving me her clothes, and said: "I have 2 super cute dresses you can have if you want! Of course, you gotta come over and try em on first so we have a dressing session for you relax and get some more clothes to keep!" This blew me away, and just made my month haha.

So that's my tale for a better future, thank you to all who read it, and thank you all for your amazing support!
    Last edited by AprilMayy<3; 05-15-2014 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Added spaces between the paragraphs

Sounds like things are going pretty great for you, April! Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

April, it does sound like you are making progress - sorry to hear about your parents, but everyone seems to be handling that all reasonably and maturely, which is good news.

A bit concerned about your sister's reaction - it sounds like she's concerned about you doing things with her stuff without her knowing about it, which is perfectly right - whether she wears things or not, her stuff is her stuff, and you're doing the right thing by getting it talked about and only using the stuff she has officially trashed.

And you have a supporting friend which is great news too - must be nice to be able to share that with someone close to you..

Do keep talking to your mom and sister... I have no reason to suggest this will happen, but knowing people... there is a possibility either or both of them may have other issues with your dressing as it develops for you - be prepared for a bit of backlash at some point.. It may not happen, but the old, old motto of 'Prepare for the worst and hope for the best' is a good one to follow...

Take it easy April - enjoy your time...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Hi April, It sounds like things are working out for you.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Things are definitely taking a positive turn for you. Make the most of it.

And I am sorry about your parents breaking up.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

April:

I'm so happy for you. I would've given anything when I was your age to be able to tell my mom and have her understanding, AND to have a GF who embraced my dressing and wanted to help me. Wow! You are one lucky girl.

I would urge you to let your mom read some of the threads here and to look at the photo pages. If she comes here with an open mind she could learn a lot about crossdressing, including that most of us don't go on to become transsexual and transition, but that whatever our place along the CD/TG/TS continuium, we're good people who love life, love our families and friends, lead productive lives, and are decidedly not freaks, perverts, or undesirables.

Keep us posted about how this new phase of your life progresses. You are one lucky girl and certainly have the support of this community.

Best regards,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I see a better future for you April, but do take care and remember others whims and fancies do change.
    Don't overdo it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks for all the responses everyone!
    I am very excited for the future, as this is a massive step in the right direction. I know for a fact I will continue to regular this board as it helps me tremendously with accepting myself and helps me gain confidence to step a bit further after I hear others experiences.

By the way, the divorce was a long seen event known by all of my siblings including I, so no need to feel sorry It's another step in the right direction, though for my male self.(Don't think I'll say my male name quite yet!)

And for keeping progress posts, I think I'll stay with the "Tale" theme :P Seems to fit, and it'll feel like I'm writing my own story! I do love writing haha.

Gone to live my life
    Hi April,

I am glad to hear you are making progress and finding your way. Truly wonderful news.

Hugs

Isha

I am happy for you, you've put a smile on my face with your story.

What a great story. Better to gather your own things,
    that way Sis wont be all mad if you happen to wear the wrong thing.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"