Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Natural feminine mannerisms

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Gender mutt I'm like that too I can't help it.Once I get comfy around someone I tend not repress it.

"Mannerisms" == public display

Are you being YOU or are you wearing a mask?

If you are wearing a mask, WHY?

Dare to be yourself! The people who really give a s#!t about you won't turn you away over it. If they do, they weren't really your friends.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

A great many interesting replies, thank you all. Not that I am really surprised by any of them.... but nice to know that when it comes to this aspect of my femininity, I am far from alone. My wife is the person who is the only person whom I am able to allow myself to just be. I know ultimately that is a choice.

One thing that surprises me still is the randomness of it, and how sometimes my wife will comment on it when I am less realizing I am showing them then other times when I feel more likely that I am. I continue to be puzzled by that.

It is not a big surprise that when I am feeling more in a feminine mode, the mannerisms are more likely to be present. They still do occur randomly not just in a more feminine mode, but sometimes when in a more masculine mode as well. Less often, but sometimes I will do something that my wife will see or remark on, and sometimes because of it she will think I am in a more feminine mode than I am. Maybe because it is happening less frequent so it stands out more?

In both masculine and feminine modes, (when I am letting go) both masculine and feminine mannersims are present, and what comforts me most is that I do not make any attempt to direct any of it. In fact, when I do let go, I never attempt to direct any mannerisms toward the fem side, it is just allowing them to occur. Even while dressed, which I do alone, I am not purposely behaving in any physical way more feminine, although I am fairly certain that I probably am, simply because I am most connected to my feminine side.

To those who suggest I simply let go all the time and let it happen however it happens, that won't be happening. I have built a life with only the masculine side present. I have so much invested into that life which I do not want disrupted. It is not a mask I wear, at least in my case, it is more like a stereo equalizer. It has masculine, mid range and feminine. I have parts of all of those which are present at all times, and in a fairly equal amount. In public and to all those who only know of the masculine and perhaps mid range, those are what I will keep present. Basically I just dial down the feminine so what is seen is just the masculine. At times it can be a bit of a chore, and an annoyance, but for me it is a livable situation.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I'm both genders. It sounds like you might be as well.

You have to protect what you need to, but there is a path there.

PM me sweetie!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Samantha,

An intersting thought on this.
    how does one be themselves when they have spent so much time attempting to be other people.
    stereotypical mannerisms may not be wrong if they happen naturally.
    It may be that having to take a step back and forcing things to happen is not the correct course of action.

Who knows.

I find that when I'm dressed a number of my mannerisms appear very femme. Some have commented while I was showing off on cam about them.

My personal thoughts are to always be yourself, to the best of your ability, without thinking about it too much.

Ttfn now gotta get back to work.

Oh my have I, my hand movements are more fluid and when using my fingers only the ones needed are utilized the others are held up out of the way and I tend to clasp them more when not in use. Crossing legs at the knees and also at the ankles with knees bent and together. Just lately I was told that when I let my hair down from my pony I turn my head pull the band and then swish my head from side to side and fluff with both hands, I never thought about it before. I also make that" tsk" noise when things go wrong so I need a lot of restraint at times. I know there are more but those are the most prominent.

Bye-Bye Lisa

I don't have natural female mannerism.

I don't know if I have natural feminine mannerisms because as a kid I was teased because I was tall thin and pretty sensitive....not the macho type. I did a lot to try and get people to see me differently. Now at 50, I no longer feel the need to be macho but I still struggle to really let the feminine out in public. I have no desire to live full time as a woman, but do enjoy when I can wear what I want and feel the real me.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    BT (before Tina!) I didn't realize how much my mannerisms were a mixture! Once we started to educate Tina (we = my wife, mostly) about the mannerisms that generally gave off the "clues" of "feminine", I began to be able to separate the gendered mannerisms with my gendered selves. It was fascinating to see that my male self is now probably viewed as more male than before since the mannerisms that now belong to Tina are excluded from my male presentation. It's all a lot clearer and more consistent. Just one more piece of gender education that comes with being trans!

My masculine persona is artificial. I've spent years watching males trying to figure out the "right" way to behave and the "right" way to react to things. It's such a relief to put on a dress and just let the natural mannerisms flow.