Thread: If dressing went away ! Would you miss it?

Banned Read only

If dressing went away ! Would you miss it?

If you had a medical condition or the prescribed medication took away your desire to CD would you miss it or say OMG it's finally gone ?
    I'm personally struggling with the answer which suggests I don't want to stop but then I've lived with it every day for most of my life so I don't know any different.
    I know this is a hypothetical question but it crossed my mind as I have to go for tests for a persistent cough I've had for six months.

Well, this is the main question my Mom has when I discuss my dressing with her. She sees it as my escape from my current reality, so she sees it as a negative thing, though I am the complete opposite.

I personally love dressing, and the way it makes me feel. So I believe I would miss it, as I quite enjoy my feminine side.

Banned Read only
    I desperately wanted some type of cure when I realized how badly I needed to cross dress early last year. I didn't want to be transgender - oh no I didn't.

For me, this is my core identity - I'm a woman. There is simply nothing imaginable that could change this, at least not at this point.

I suspect a lot of you male identified CDs would find your lives to be a lot easier, and in many cases happier, if there were a magic pill that made you no longer desire to cross dress.

I would miss it I love this side of me. Since I'm at peace with it, even if they found a pill/cure/fix, i wouldn't take it.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Banned Read only
    Paula, That's the problem, having the feeling every day for so long , would I feel A hole in my life now ?

Banned Read only
    I'll be honest - I think you would. I think this is a part of you, and you'd miss it surely as if they had to cut off your arm for medical reasons. I think it would be a very, very cruel "cure." My therapist disagrees with me about this, and I suppose for the CDs who simply get dressed real quick, pleasure themselves, and then get undressed as fast as they can, the "cure" might be OK. After all, at that level, it's not much more than a sexual kink.

But that doesn't describe you, does it, Teresa? I'm guessing not even close.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 05-18-2014 at 06:04 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.

Banned Read only
    Paula for the first twenty years or so that's all it could mean to me with so much going on, I came too late to this forum to get the whole picture and realise what my needs really are.

Banned Read only
    Teresa, I believe you sweetie, and this is why I argue with my therapist about CDs so much. I really do respect and love CDs, and even though ultimately I'm not one, I sure identified with you for a long time, and my early experiences were much the same as yours.

Hell-o Teresa, I think I would miss it, for a while. Like most everything else that disappear from our lives, like a friend from your youth, or a deceased loved one. It's hard at first, you would do anything to have them back, and as time passes we're left with the happy memories.
    Now would I continue to take the meds? To save my life? Yes. To alleviate pain? It might have to hurt pretty badly!
    I hope your tests don't show anything serious, best wishes to you!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Aspiring Member
    I've been dressing for almost 60 years, I am (with my wife's help and encouragement) approaching being dressed 60 - 70% of the time. I enjoy every "Girly" moment of it, and would miss it terribly if I couldn't do it for some reason.

Danielle

Gone to live my life
    Hi Teresa,

Heavens forbid it should ever come down to a little pill to remove a part of me. However, if the desire were removed then I don't think it would be a matter of missing it as you would have no desire . . . but I don't think that is what you are asking

If I were unable to dress (say the medication masked the desire but did not get rid of it) then yes I would miss it as much as I would miss a crucial point of my being. Whether she is riding shotgun when I am "boy me" or driving the car when "en femme" Isha has become fully integrated into my life and I would miss her. It took me 50 years to find her, accept her and integrate her, so there would be a large void and that would hurt.

Hugs

Isha

If a prescribed medication took away my desire to dress.... That would be all cured.

In my present state of mind I am content to continue.

Your persistent cough?
    As long as you have no medical condition to encourage it, ask about high blood pressure medication if you are already on that regimen.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa, After 67yrs. of dressing it would be like loosing a lifetime friend.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Would I miss it?

Yes and no...

No because of the struggles, the misplaced guilt, confusion and still being in the closet...

Yes, because of finally getting close to really expressing every part of my persona that wouldn't likely go away...

Oh - and I couldn't come here anymore if I wasn't a real CDer...

I hope your cough turns out to be nothing serious...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Reality Check
    If I had a medical condition that took away my desire to CD, I wouldn't miss it. It's my desire to CD that causes me to do it.

Hi.

Im going to answer this in two ways,

As you all know im a Military side drummer and was with the Navy in the 60's now after i came out i joined our Local Woolston Brass Band in Christchurch, though because of a few miner details we moved away. so did not do drumming for many years.

a year ago i joined our Oamaru Garrison Brass band, and yes hard work yet love it and out in public, now for me it's in my blood okay .Part of my life, and from age 12 on.

Now you talk about dressing funny never did it unless others dressed me in female clothes , okay,

Now this is were its different most here like dressing for many different reasons yet i was not bothered , yes i totaly hated male cothes and what they represented yet never thought to wear any female clothes,and i'm a female never wonted to be a female or a woman strange that .

and so you understand did not wont to be a male, weird oh well.

What im trying to say is wether we like or hate we are born with details about us that we dont understand like my music is it a like or we are wired in a way its a part of us like im a female i had no say yet that to was there part of who i am.

Now some may think or say oh .... you just wonted to be a female and fooled every one into beliving you are, , okay then why do i have hormones that are female how im wired and so much about myself as a person is just like a normal female , is in fact.

Are we to allways ? the core of our selfs are we to hate our selfs because we dont accept who we are, you know we spend half our lives not being who we are, why. and being unhappy.

We cant let go because of all the reason's we drag up and put in front of our selfs .

Like my drumming im a female who accepted herself 56 years ago and accepted my drumming is importaint to me as well , so .

What will happen to you when you take hold of your self and let it go whats holding you back,

Clothes, our uniform is made to suit both male and female so think about that theres 6 of us women in our band and we can muster 25 male and female ,

i'll wear what im given and be proud to do so. and look as i was told , look very smart.

Funny that i thought, maybe not, so you have to look at the whole picture of who we are,
    not just one aspect of our selfs, .

...noeleena...

I would definitely miss it. After several past purging, I've come to realise it is part of me and it makes me a better person. If i cannot find the time or place to dress I become unbearable to live with.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Yes of course I would miss it. Crossdressing has been part of my life as long as I can remember.
    Too many sweet memories to enjoy to not continue to crossdress to have more sweet memories to enjoy.
    What would I do with the extra bedroom if it was emptied of all things Fem?
    Plenty of things in my life to take up my Fem time that would be created by not crossdressing.
    But they would no how, no way ever compare to the happiness I have had with being a crossdresser.

Absolutely I would miss it, It is the one thing in life that I get to do just for me.
    It is part of my life, part of the person that I am, YES I would miss it.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"