Thread: 50 YO CD = Punk Rock Babe Magnet?

50 YO CD = Punk Rock Babe Magnet?

Hello Everyone!
    Yesterday, I went out on the bike in a beautiful purple & white leaf-print knee-length dress with the usual short wig and girl glasses.

There was a free punk rock afternoon show in one of the parks in the city, so I decided to try mixing the two worlds. Wow! I have been to lots of shows here in Philly en drab and the young women wouldn't even give me a second glance. This time, some really awesome young punk rock chicks* seemed really happy to meet me. Got lots of compliments, heard some great live music, and got to make friends with a few 20 something women - heaven!

It's a beautiful and mysterious thing that women seem able & willing to treat a middle aged CD as one of their own. They know I'm a guy in dress but maybe there is something about having the guts to do it that makes them accepting? I don't know, but it sure is fun.

Best,
    SS

* I don't use the word "chick" pejoratively.

Maybe your confidence made everything work

Punks are generally more open minded to less conventional things and ideas; it's part of our mantra I guess. Especially since Tom Gabel, lead singer of one of Against Me (a big band), came out as a closeted transexual, and revealed in 2012 that he wanted to live full time the lovely Laura Jane Grace. Love her
    laura-jean-grace.jpg

Well?
    Why not?
    I would have liked to have been there to see the interaction.
    Glad it was a pleasant experience.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The punk rock and gothic music scene will always embrace us girls as well as David Bowie and Elton John. Hey girls help me to add more famous names!

Your experience is one that I regularly encounter when out dressed in the real world. There is something about the younger generation, up to about 40 years old because that is generally the vast majority of those young girls and women that we meet, that lets them just accept us as we are and then enter into a conversation with a person who may be more than twice their age. I am not sure that they treat us as one of their own, though in the right conversation I have been, more than I ever though possible and even sometimes more than I wanted. Your personality, openness and presentation are also key factors in making that happen. Also, we are different and not common at all. There surely has to be a bit of curiosity mixed in there too. I have had similar results with some of the younger guys who do not even bat an eye after that first surprise, "Are you talking to me?" look. People like to be around fun people who smile and can talk. I am so glad that you are out there doing that on the East coast and having a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good for you, sounds like a great time to me.

How cool is that, SS?

I've always wanted to go to Philly - perhaps I've just found another reason... besides the history, the culture, the cream cheese...

I think younger folk that already embrace an alternative perspective on life are always likely to be more accepting - and perhaps we can at least reinforce a very non-threatening vibe...

Great experience!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Dear Skirt,

Thank you for sharing this with us! And in our very own city of sisterly love *giggle* So glad you had a good time.

(This from a gurl who's got a few years on you.)

xoxo

Traci
    YIM -- tracigirl111

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    I've always wanted to go to Philly - x
    Katey, we'll make it a thing when you come to our fair city

Hugs,

Traci
    YIM -- tracigirl111

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by skirtsuit View Post
    Hello Everyone!
    Yesterday, I went out on the bike in a beautiful purple & white leaf-print knee-length dress with the usual short wig and girl glasses.

There was a free punk rock afternoon show in one of the parks in the city, so I decided to try mixing the two worlds. Wow! I have been to lots of shows here in Philly en drab and the young women wouldn't even give me a second glance. This time, some really awesome young punk rock chicks* seemed really happy to meet me. Got lots of compliments, heard some great live music, and got to make friends with a few 20 something women - heaven!

It's a beautiful and mysterious thing that women seem able & willing to treat a middle aged CD as one of their own. They know I'm a guy in dress but maybe there is something about having the guts to do it that makes them accepting? I don't know, but it sure is fun.

Best,
    SS

* I don't use the word "chick" pejoratively.
    SS,,,,sounds like you had a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by tracigirl_tv View Post
    Katey, we'll make it a thing when you come to our fair city

Hugs,

Traci
    ...........and get a great cheesesteak too!
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Punk rockers generally want to rock the system, break the norms, to be DIFFERENT instead of being boring and 'normal'.

You/we do that and fit that profile.

Happy to hear that you got that approval!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Thanks everyone,
    Philly is Grrrreat!! The underground/DIY/punk/hardcore/experimental scene is amazing here. The show I went to yesterday was next to the new skate park under the Greys Ferry bridge. No permits or anything required - just a couple of mains outlets is apparently all you need!!

One of the young ladies I met runs a place in S. Philly that puts on shows and is in a new band called "Cheerbleeder". Can't wait to go to a show at her place - turn up the middle-aged glam to 11 !!!!
    She also said she can do leopard print hair, something I've been thinking about for a new summer look.

I will say again it really is amazing how different many women treat me when I'm dressed as one of them. At one point yesterday, I was sitting & smoking alittle with two young women on a rock just barely big enough for the three of us. And here's another first for me - giving women napkins from my purse so they can go pee in bushes!

Best,
    SS

Platinum Member
    Hi Ann, It sounds like the only thing missing was the big soft pretzels.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Yippee! The fun never stops. Today at the thrift shop I volunteer at, I was invited up to the clothing sorting area on the third floor so the girls (& women and maybe 1 or 2 guys ) can dress me! Can't wait for next week - I'll be there with bells on as well as fake breasts & ass!

Another fetish CD dream coming true - getting dressed by a bunch of girls in a big shop full of clothes.....

SS

Platinum Member
    Hi Ann, It's like a kid being locked in a candy store.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!