Thread: have you ever

have you ever

have you went out dressed to a store or for gas that you went in that knows as a man all the tine what did they say or do

Never done that, but it sounds like it'd be fun!

When and if I would go out dressed, would not be local. They know my vehicle. Will go to new place

Nope. When I go out I want to be accepted as I present. I don't want to play mind games with people who know me in boy mode.

The only people who know both sides of me are those whom I know will be accepting.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Just women's stores. Shop there either way.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Yes I have done it. Most people don't recognize me. And it has never been problematic.

My wife and I were at the doctors yesterday, where I have always gone dressed as a girl, but yesterday I wasn't. The doctor said to my wife about me, didn't she have long hair last time? We said, yes I did and left it at that. It was funny.

Lately I've been wandering around the neighborhood en femme without a care in the world. Its a pretty busy street and I doubt anyone actually recognizes me.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have gone out many times to various locations dressed as a female. but looking like a man. That is, no makeup and no wig! I don't do that wearing a dress, but I do wear a skirt or sometimes a skort along with a feminine top. And of course I am also wearing a bra and panties! In many years of doing that have never had any problem whatsoever! BTW, I am practically bald, so a wig is really necessary to become Stephanie!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I have gone out and done errands wearing a skirt, furry legs & all. I got 'polite & social' responses. Never anything critical.

That may be because I'm a big 'ol beast, but I don't care.

"You talkin' to ME?" - Taxi Driver

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

No Lori,
    Like some others here, not into mind games, only do that at a party sometimes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Certainly.

When you transition, you either start close to home ("safety") and go further and further afield Dressed, or you start away and bring your Dressing closer and closer to home (where you may feel more vulnerable because that area is where the people are whom you have to live with all the time.) For me it was easier to start downtown and in further malls, and to bring it all closer to home over time.

The worst thing that happened as I did that? Hmmm... I think it might have been that at a specialized deli two (long) blocks away, the co-owner whom had seen me around for years (there and in another deli I went to often), upon seeing me Dressed would get a big grin and a little bit of a smirk. I was either really ridiculous to him, or else he quite liked me. Or perhaps he really liked Dressing himself and couldn't contain himself seeing someone walk around that way.

That was the worst I encountered. A grin and smirk that was either "knowing" or "If I weren't working right beside my wife, I would ask you for a date".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yes I have and do it frequently.
    The little gas/convenient store just down the road knows me in both modes and its not an issue.
    The ladies that work there always treat me appropriately according to the gender I am dressed.

Yes, even tried on womens clothes while in male mode, in a female clothing only shop (Glassons, Supre, Tempt etc), then if I liked it, I would return as Rachel and double check the fit (C cups change the way clothes fall) - haven't yet encountered anything but professional sales people
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Hi.

Does not matter what i wear, every one knows me and what i look like i dont change .

i can wear work clothes of boots bib overalls sun hat as iv done for some 40 years,

just redone a roof for a friend and people i know i call out to and those who live close by will say hi, even working for another friend in our main shoping area i was painting a shop inside and out , my friends allways say hi noeleena, whats going on so we just talk as normal

They know my background and what could i wear that they would not know me, .

im just to friendly open faced and my smile gives me away. and on other days i'll wear my skits and tops go down our main street and yes nothing has changed so same again hi noeleena.

Okay try this then with our small community of less than 3,500 people we have had quite a few come in to live and yes they know who i am with in a very short time, not to say anything about our groups,

if one has to hide or not show them selfs in all aspects of life then for me whats the point ,

Even in our two closest Towns im known you know you can be different and be part of the community, you just need to take part in it,

...noeleena...