Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we narcissists?

Your Total: 3
    Between 12 and 15 is average.
    Celebrities often score closer to 18.
    Narcissists score over 20.

Not sure if too modest or masochistic.

I got an 11 as a 64yo female.

I think it's funny how "normal" is 12-15 and you think you're narcissistic...I scored a 24 being modest...although I have taken two test before with hundreds of questions to get to what I already new...24 is a bit too low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? JFK
    If "pro" is the opposite of "con", then Progress is the opposite of CONGRESS! Gallagher

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aimeecinn/

OK, somethings wrong here... I scored a 0 and never took the test...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Me too didn't see a way to take it.

OK, tried again and got a 16 with a very high score in superiority. So, I'm not narcissistic, I'm just netter than everybody else.

And for the record, I'll bet my lunch money that if a valid analysis were done across the crossdressing community, narcissism would be about as common here as the general population within a standard deviation or two.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

My "guy" side scored 14, but "Leslie" - being far more of an extrovert than "her" male alter ego - would likely have scored significantly higher on that spectrum.

It strikes me, though, that for those of us who exhibit what are typically considered narcissistic traits - feeling "special", taking on leadership roles, not taking criticism well, not "following the herd" etc. - birth order and/or status may play a major role here, and we are not simply the self-centered @ssholes that others might presume us to be.

In my case, I was an only child, and as a such, never had to compete with a sibling. But that also made me very independent and self-reliant, because when you're an only child, you learn at a very young age that if you don't do something yourself, it simply isn't going to get done. Furthermore, there's never a big brother or sister around to have your back when you need it or to help you fight your battles, nor a younger sibling to deflect the blame onto for your own personal screw-ups. You're the only game in town, and the proverbial passed buck ends up with you, and you alone. I suspect the same is often true of the oldest child in a family.

Maybe I come across as a bit of a narcissist to some - even in "boy" mode, but I think that this may be more reflective of my independent nature rather than a need to always be the center of attention that others painted with the same brush often exhibit...

Platinum Member
    Nope. I have dealt with real, certifiable narcissists. I'm not anywhere near it...no need for a test to prove it.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Amanda, Once that I finally figured out how to get to the quiz it said that I am a 25.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Only scored a 3,I guess I'm just another face in the crowd.

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    I scored a 17 and I agree with what Lorileah said about the survey largely measuring self confidence. It's required in my profession as well. I never consider myself narcissistic but then again if you don't like yourself you can't expect anyone else to.

Wonder what effect the gender selection question has on the survey results?

Stephanie
    Last edited by Stephanie Sometimes; 05-20-2014 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Clarification
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

OK I scored a 12. I'm not an extreme narcissist although I have some symptoms. I was moreso when I was younger which is explained here:

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/na...rder-symptoms/

I like this website because I like psychology. But later in this article there's a blurb: How is Narcissistic Personality Disorder Diagnosed? The answer is by a trained mental health professional, such as a psychologist or psychiatrist. Doesn't this mean the self diagnosing test isn't very accurate? Self analysis can get one more confused sometimes IMHO. Pretty much everyone has some type of personalitly disorder, so normal is the minority?

"You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Authority: 3.00
    Self-Sufficiency: 4.00
    Superiority: 4.00
    Exhibitionism: 0.00
    Exploitativeness: 1.00
    Vanity: 0.00
    Entitlement: 2.00
    Being a girl is not for wimps.
    Offense is not a gift. You can't give it, you can only take it.

hi Amandait took the quiz and scored a 4

I scored a 2.

It concerns me that being able to read people is considered evidence of exploitative behavior, as changing my answer to the relevant question reduced my score. The only other point I scored was in self-sufficiency. I couldn't find the relevant question for that one.

I don't know if I know how to throw such quizzes or if I answered honestly and was surprised by my low score.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    18........i figured that..

I only scored an 8. What's up with that? I was always told that I was the VP of the narcissism society.

Hi,

Well im not sure about any of that do they have one for being ...DUMB... well apart from not knowing how to do the what ever it is i cant say, it must be too easy as i cant do it,...

...noeleena...

***The Correct Web Address For the Narcissist Quiz:

I scored a 7.

I am TS and often go out without wearing any makeup. I just blend in with the crowd.
    It helps that I'm only 5'6" and don't sound like a drill sergeant .

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    63 year old female me scored 15. I was just thinking recently that I was narcissistic given the amount of time I spend on my femme photos - seemed to fit the definition. Still the results of the test show that after self-sufficiency, the next strongest trait was exhibitionism - makes sense to me.

Thanks to all who replied. Interesting!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I scored 13, which was about what I expected given some of the choices. I scored high on vanity which I would certainly hope I would given the amount of time I spend these days looking at myself in the mirror!

Nadine, tests like this are all derived from much larger tests like the MMPI which have questions that are designed to prevent the bias you suggest. This test has a couple but because it is really just derived from larger tests with many more questions. It does not have enough error correcting questions. Complex personality tests are fairly valid, as much as personality measurement is valid, which is arguable. This one is too simple to have much validity. People are always much more complicated than tests like this would suggest. This is more on the lines of a Facebook quiz (What Historical Figure Would You Be! Which Weird Alien from Star Wars Would You Be? etc., etc.) There's nothing wrong with these pastimes as long as you understand they are just entertainment and generally, a way to confirm what you already believe about yourself.

As far as the textbook DSM4 and 5 definitions for narcissistic personality goes most cross dressers are unlikely to be narcissists in the diagnostic sense. Narcissism is a trait where the narcissistic personality really does believe they are the very center of the universe, and that either other people don't really exist or that they are of so little importance that they might as well not exist. If cross dressers felt this way they would all be out in public, dressed and flamboyant and demanding attention and really pretty pissed off that they weren't getting it. Does this sound like most cross dressers on this forum?

Aspiring Member
    Scored 6. Funny thing is I think my drab side is not. Femme side is ego driven. Can't stay out of mirror. But still low confidence. Go figure.

I am a 16. I guess that makes me the same as the way I CD - on again, off agian. Haha!
    Last edited by Tami Monroe; 05-23-2014 at 12:04 AM.
    Tami Monroe, formerly known as hawkdoc60!