Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sisters that accept/help

Sisters that accept/help

I read so many posts dealing with wives/SOs that accept/help (or not). But I wondering how many have sisters (actual female siblings, not 'friend' sister) who accept/help with your CDg? I am interested because the dynamics between brother and sister are completely different than between spouses/SOs. When did you tell your sister or how did she find out? Im very interested in knowing if your sister(s) suspected you were a CDr from an early age and/or before you told them.

Thank you and sincerely
    Patti Remick

My sister is 65, never dated or married, has a severe speech impediment, and is somewhat socially like a 12 year old, and goes to a Lutheran church. she went to as a child with mother. When my mom died, she almost lost it! So, she is actually a little girl inside. I told her once, that a t a singles dance, < accidentally danced with a man dressed like a tall lady. She grimaced, and gave the impression it was awful, and i mentioned i had a neighbor who dressed up as a lady at times. I decided it was not a good idea to tell her about my dressing, from these impressions. She would tell my dad , and hostile brother, and he would tell his twin in prison, and i would never be accepted, or respected, and would be ridiculed even more than now!I saw her watching television, and on the show , once, was a comedy with a CD. She seemed to be enjoying it. Another time, just a week ago, the same thing. An old Barney Miller show episode with a guy dressed up, but, it appeared it was humiliating for the CD. She seemed unaffected by it. But, I am just not going to tell her, unless she show signs of accepting crossdressers.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    My sister accepts my transition, but she does still have some difficulty with using my new name.

Banned Read only
    That's an interesting question, I would never confide in her but if I did she'd probably take a swipe at me for wearing her clothes as a child !

None of my sisters know and I have no intention of telling them.

I don't have any sisters, but I did recently come out to a female cousin who I've been quite close with over the years. May as well be my sister. She Not only was accepting and supportive but let on that she'd figured it out years ago and was letting me have my illusion of secrecy lol. Can't wait to get together with her and go shopping at macy's in N.Y.C. next year. Plans already in the works
    Barbie

I live with my sister so I see her all the time. she's perfectly accepting of how I present myself, she just kind of treats it like it's normal and doesnt really make any reference to it.

in 2003 at the age of 19 I told my sister... who is two years older... she was mostly okay but a bit mad weirded out that I had worn her stuff! ... in some ways I came to regret telling her... she'd use it against me in moments of anger... she told my dad without my permission or knowledge (!) ... she wasn't even that fun to go shopping with! ... even years later she still doesn't quite "get" it... though she'd be a supporter in me going out in public and such.... so it was a thing of many ups and downs / positives and negatives!

her main complaint is that I just have wayyyy too much stuff and don't need to get any more (EVER) and telling me how no girl will want to date a guy that has so much lingerie / clothes / more than they have...

Teresa, and Mink. So rue about sisters knowing we wore their stuff! I am sur my sister noticed her stretched swim suit, and torn and ruined pantyhose. It was at that time about age 14, that my mom did not mention it, but tried to get me to a shrink. They knew, and like you say, to tell her now would trigger that bad memory in her.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Hi Patti, only boy with 5 sisters.
    Plenty of dress-up games plus Halloween too growing up.
    4 still live around me and have seen me numerous times. The 5th has seen my pics.
    Out to one sis at 12 and another at 15.
    The others after I moved out after high school.
    Always been their "other sister"

I came out to my sister about a year ago while she was visiting with my mom (whom I came out to earlier in the week). She had seen my lock screen on my Ipad and had asked, "who is that?" on our way to lunch. I showed her a bunch of pictures to see if she could figure it out and she finally did after a while. We talk more than we did before, but she doesn't help me because I can do make-up better than she can and I probably have a bigger wardrobe than she does. Her and my other sister(that I haven't talk to for 10 years for another reason) used to dress me up as a living doll when I was young, but don't remember. She stated, "I guess you were OK with us dressing you as a kid?" and I responded..."you might want to talk to MOM about that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? JFK
    If "pro" is the opposite of "con", then Progress is the opposite of CONGRESS! Gallagher

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aimeecinn/

My sisters don't have a clue and I intend to keep it that way!

Platinum Member
    Hi Patti, I don't feel the need to burden my two sisters with this.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Well, about 9 years ago my sister found out by accident when she got on my computer to do an internet search.....this site and several others came up for one reason or another (darn internet history). She ask me a few questions about it and went on her merry way. She is a very open minded individual and excepted my CDing.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    hey Patti....my sister was the VERY first person I came out too but it was a unique situation.....We kinda had a coming OUT party....she wanted to tell me she was gay....I told her that was awesome...and I like to put on a dress ! We have a very good, but rather unique relationship. I dont know your situation, but girls have an easy time digesting our lifestyle.. so..in my family its one lesbian...and 1 crossdresser...yup.

Like Adriana, my sister was the first one I ever came out to. I don't remember my exact age at the time (preteen though), but I remember the situation perfectly: my sister and I were talking in my room when suddenly she said "and just what is thiiiiis?" I could only stammer as she held up a bra I had forgotten to return to its rightful owner. Needless to say, I told her then about her big sister and she was VERY cool about it and has stayed that way throughout the years. Being from a navy family, my sister and I were always close, but I think her knowing about Jess has made us closer.

Oldest sister was my biggest advocate and compelling force to allow me to be "Out" at age 15.....2 other sister fully embraced my choices when young and all continue to this date to treat me as a sister at all gatherings......very lucky individual.....liberal parents with very bohemian type Mom who gave my sisters a great perspective on life.....

My sister is a cast-iron, narrow-minded, bigoted bitch, so no, probably not. (Don't hold back, Megan, tell us how you really​ feel!)

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    My sister and my wife are like two pees in a pod ... not good for moi. My sister's son is TS ... not good for him/her either.

I am beyond sure that it would not go well. The questions would never stop. Never ever stop. No acceptance just never ending questions.
    Live and let dress.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    My sister was the first person I ever told, luckily for me it went well, she accepted, and actually had the viewpoint of "That's it?" "This is what you were nervous about?" "I thought you were going tell me you have 1 week to live?" She was very supportive in going shopping with me and helping me out during my early years. She was also very supportive and helping to be more confident by essentially telling me in a manner of speaking "I'm kicking you out of the nest, it's time for you to learn to fly on your own, you don't need me to be with you every time you go shopping, most GG do not care what you are buying and will assume it's for your wife or girlfriend." Currently we do not discuss any of my gender issues, being that there's no need currently, although I have not shown her any recent pictures of me, the last one's I showed her I looked very different as opposed to now weight wise, and had not developed any fashion sense at the time.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I've told 2 of my 5 sisters, they're cool about it. But it just never comes up as it's not part of our relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudineD View Post
    Oldest sister was my biggest advocate and compelling force to allow me to be "Out" at age 15.....2 other sister fully embraced my choices when young and all continue to this date to treat me as a sister at all gatherings......very lucky individual.....liberal parents with very bohemian type Mom who gave my sisters a great perspective on life.....
    Quote Originally Posted by MeganDay View Post
    My sister is a cast-iron, narrow-minded, bigoted bitch, so no, probably not. (Don't hold back, Megan, tell us how you really​ feel!)
    I'm amused that Megan and Claudine's answers were right next to each other. I have no idea how Megan was raised but if it was in a strict environment (and maybe it was, based on how uptight the sister seems), it only proves that cross dressers can spring from any background. So why aren't more parents like Claudine's folks? Imagine growing up with the desire to explore your female side without fear and shame!

My first memory of cross dressing was when I was around 5. I tried on some of my mom's pantyhose. To this day I remember the joyous thrill of that experience. That was 37 years ago and I only just recently decided I was making a deliberate effort to cast away the shame of this part of myself, and to explore and enjoy the experience bending genders. That's 37 years of disliking a part of myself, of feeling a bit perverted, like a freak, alone, sometimes angry and confused.

Imagine being raised in an environment where the parents tell you that exploring these aspects of your full self is normal and expected, and that almost everything in life is a giant spectrum, not an either-or proposition.

Wouldn't that be amazing and refreshing?

P.S. I love my sis to bits, but she's a fundamentalist Christian and lives life with all kinds of "either/or" beliefs, so alas, no; I won't be telling her.
    Last edited by TinaZ; 05-21-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    hey Patti....my sister was the VERY first person I came out too but it was a unique situation.....We kinda had a coming OUT party....she wanted to tell me she was gay....I told her that was awesome...and I like to put on a dress ! We have a very good, but rather unique relationship. I dont know your situation, but girls have an easy time digesting our lifestyle.. so..in my family its one lesbian...and 1 crossdresser...yup.
    In my case, my wife knows, but my brother (my only blood relative left) does not. I think ultimately, he would accept that, but I do not want to take any chances. Especially since he is 7 years older than me, and has health problems.
    Tami Monroe, formerly known as hawkdoc60!

I once attended a drag ball at my school and was very open about it. I actually posted a picture from that night as my profile picture for a while, my sister didn't react negatively she laughed and said "stop dressing like a girl!!" I really do think jokingly. I don't know if I'll tell her though I suspect it wouldn't at all surprise her. She would probably bring up the whole growing up wearing her things which is an awkward conversation I don't think I want to have as sorry as I am about it:S.