Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sisters that accept/help

I have told my sister (and several others) and it could not have gone better. I doubt I would ever dress around her, even if the opportunity presented itself but she is fully supportive and I can talk to her about anything ranging from the most trivial of matters to the most serious. I am lucky that I have a great relationship with my sister. I would have sworn when I told her, that she suspected something or now that she knew, some things from the past might make more sense but she said she had no idean

Silver Member
    My sisters have known since I was 5. Helped me dress and all. I inherited their clothes. Kept the poodle skirts and cool things from the 50s for a long time. Had lots of prom dresses etc. They taught me to dance backwards like girls do. I did promise not to wear their panties, but had my own. We are all still close but don't see each other much and don't talk about it as it is just accepted that I CD.

I have two sisters, one 5 years older and the other, 10 years younger. Mom seems to think that the younger one would be okay with Alexis, but not the older. I also have 7 dyed-in-the-wool redneck brothers that would absolutely come unglued if they knew about a cross-dressing brother. I'm pretty sure a couple of them have their suspicions about me, but have never said anything. Younger sister has a certain amount of 'life baggage' that could cause her to spill the beans to the others in a moment of weakness, according to my mom. I'd love to be out to either of them, but alas twill never be.

I have enjoyed reading the many responses to this interesting thread. Peace , mel

Am kind of batting .500. I am out to my entire family. My older sister fully accepted from the beginning and is my maid of honer next month. My younger sister hasn't spoken to me since I came out.

Bree
    Last edited by Sabrina133; 05-22-2014 at 06:09 AM.

Have one sister and would n-e-v-e-r tell her. She is close minded and not accepting of anything even slightly askew of mainstream.

14 years ago I lost my wife to cancer, had two heart attacks, and lost a great job because I was failing to cope. I finally told a younger sister because I needed support and she had been helping me through the dark days. All went well for several years but finally came apart when she shared our secret with others because she was mad at me. That failure of trust has ruined our relationship. There is a lot of pain because of the loss but I do have the memories of the wonderful days when I could just be myself and share it with someone who I thought understood me.

I have an older sister who I'm very close to, I'd love to tell her but she'd want to know everything no doubt, i.e. When did it start? Well it started when I was a kid and I wore some of her things! That's the bit I'm scared off, how do you avoid telling all, I don't think she'd be impressed at the thought of me wearing her clothes and it may put a dampener on my coming out to her, suggestions anyone?

I do not have any sisters, but I do have an older female cousin. When we were in our early teens she learned of my likings after she overheard my mother telling my aunt ( another story in it self that I already posted.)

My cousin approached me and said it would be our secret. She was amazing with her makeup skills and I could easily pass. It was around 1970 and we wore "Marcia Brady" type mini dresses. Her and my wife are the only ones that know about Diedre.

For the moment, and the past 8 years actually, I have worn my sisters clothes. I still live at home, so I have access to them quite regularly. She does know, and she accepts it and her exact words are "Why would I care if you wear my clothes?". She even gave me some clothes she didn't want anymore, and knew I did :P So...I would assume she's pretty accepting. Now for helping...that's a different story. I haven't asked her for clothes advice or to go shopping with me, because she looks at my CD'ing as a "Out of sight, out of mind" kinda thing. So only time will tell if she feels like helping me or not, but if not that's no biggie. But I'm very, very glad she's accepting about it.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Hi Leanne, being close to your older sister, she may already know about somebody else wearing her clothes.
    Don't know if your younger sister(s) were unknowingly blamed. That has happened to some of us
    Of course questions will crop up.
    At what age you started. How many times? Thru the years of growing up together? Did somebody catch you but not tell?
    She may not ask you if you wore "everything".
    Just part of the experience of dressing up in girl's clothes.

My sister doesn't know. Hopefully she never finds out I wore her wedding dress . Lol

My younger sister has no problem with me being a CD. In fact she and I go out frequently to parties, plays, concerts and for drinks. She refers to me as her aunt and has no issues introducing me to her friends or being seen with me in public.

Both of my sisters know and accept. They live far away, though, so aren't really in a position to assist. However, one of my sisters visited me (first visit since I disclosed) and she arrived with an epilator and some jewelry as gifts for me.

Aspiring Member
    Told my older sister when I was 17 and she was 23 it didn't wasn't a happy day. To this day I wish I had never told her but back in the day "1972" this type of thing just didn't happen unless you had a boyfriend that you dressed up for.

My sisters both live out of my state. I think that the older one would not be supportive, but the younger one would be very supportive. Neither one of them can keep a secret, so that is one of the reasons that neither of them know anything about Athena. My sisters and mother helped me dress up as a girl for several halloweens when I was a pre-teen: twice in a white party dress and once as a cheerleader. I always thought that they suspected that I enjoyed crossdressing.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Athena, you might be surprised at what female family members know what about you.

I have only told one of my sisters and we're currently working on my makeover but there are complications. Anyway, I told her because I knew she'd be cool with it.

I feel that I could never tell my sister. I think that not only would she not accept me but would use it against me at her will.

My sister is older than me, I only dabbled for a short period, all I wore was her tights and a skirt a few times, I don't remember ever having tried her bra on but it was 30+ years ago! nothing has ever been said and I shouldn't think there were ever any suspicions! I may get off with bending the truth a little and say I intercepted things she threw out! I don't know!!! I think the prospect of her feeling I invaded her privacy may put a stop to my confessing.

I have only one sister. She is 3 years younger but remembers when I was 13 and suggested that we trade clothing and pretend that we are of opposite sex. That experience probably reaffirmed that I was a crossdresser.

My sisters know, the younger one doesn't accept it, but she's very open-minded and believe she would help if I wanted to, but I don't know if she would like it.
    The older one seems more supportive in that she doesn't say anything, positive or negative. Being from a Mexican Catholic family, that is supportive for the standards of my family.
    Still, I've never wear anything in front of anyone (family or otherwise) and only go out very late at night (and by "going out" I mean circling my block).
    You guys should be grateful for having supportive people who know and having the freedom to wear a simple skirt in the streets, I envy you (:

My sister doesn't know or have the remotest clue but I know she'd be totally ok. She's a touchy feely social worker and "hasbien". Look it up!

Farrah-
    I have 2 sisters also&they would probably drop me with a right cross if they knew I had worn their clothes() My
    mom would hit the fan if she knew I had been dressing in her good wardrobe for years&lifting a stray pair of her new pantyhose,every one in awhile,as I would wear her dresses,all of her skirts&her soft silky blouses&her many colors of heels.
    I've been in the closet since I was about 14 years old
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

Hi Patti, interesting post!
    For me my sister and I look almost exactly alike but the funny thing is we BOTH feel like we got our places mixed up!
    Growing up she would play with my bikes scooters and roller-blades, and for me I grew up playing with her barbie swimming pool party lol!!!
    I remember when I came out to my sister it was when I was about... 17 or 18? She was definitely supportive because all of our cousins are males
    so from there on we would do each others make up and she would help me do my hair and my eyebrows and we would go shopping together all the time ^_^.