Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: What Caused You to Become a Crossdresser?

Maybe several things. As a boy, obsessed with tall girls, legs in hose, fear of girls, shyness, later on, no chances for romance and marriage, though i did date some in my 30's. Felt no hope to ever have a quality woman, so became one. But, i am sure there are some genetic aspects. I have legs like my mom, too. Rest her spirit.

I've always loved the look and feel of women's clothes. Men don't really have a lot of options and tends to be very bland. I'm a little more exciting than just plain colors and neutrals. I'm also not very macho and very reserved as a man. But when I throw on a dress, I change completely!

Banned Read only
    When I was young I waited after junior choir practice at the home/studio of my godmother an artist/hairdresser. All of these beautiful women would come in to get colours,sets, and ...perms. The very scent of perm solution.....just a minute...back in a bit.....
    Last edited by ophelia; 07-24-2014 at 11:15 PM. Reason: speeling

As young as I can remember I secretly loved all things fem.The dresses,panties,hose,to this day the smell of nail polish still excites my fem side.

I all started in my pre teens when I started wearing my moms bras panties and hose and just blossomed from there. It may have something to do with being raised by my mother until I was 12 when we moved in with my farther and his wife.
    Mistybtm

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    What feminine traits did you feel? I know you had to hide them, so they weren't physical traits. Was it that you cried easily as a boy and you had to learn to toughen up? My younger brother was that way. Or were they desires, like wanting to play with girl toys, wanting to wear what girls wore, in short wanting to be a girl?
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    What feminine traits did you feel? I know you had to hide them, so they weren't physical traits. Was it that you cried easily as a boy and you had to learn to toughen up? My younger brother was that way. Or were they desires, like wanting to play with girl toys, wanting to wear what girls wore, in short wanting to be a girl?
    It has been quite a while but I can remember as far back as Kindergarten wanting to play with the girls and be more part of their group. I remember wishing I had longer hair and threw a fit when my mother wanted me to get it cut, after all, the girls all had long hair. I was a pretty emotional person but did not wear my heart on my sleeve. Throughout grade school I was a bit jealous that the girls got to wear the cool cloths, makeup, hair styles, and jewelry. If I had been born the female sex with my current brain I'm sure I would have leaned towards being a girly girl. I would have loved to experiment with different looks weather it be cloths, makeup, hair, nails, etc.

Our grade school had a choir that put on shows on occasion and I remember in 5th grade we were going to do our first performance and we were told we needed makeup so the bright lights did not make our faces look pasty to the crowd. The guys got a little makeup, but the girls got in a different line and got the eye shadow and lipstick etc. as well. I recall getting in the girls line because I wanted the lipstick and eye shadow etc. too. The lady looked at me, shrugged her shoulders and gave me my lipstick and eye shadow. Again, I actually felt normal that night. I grew up in the 70's and 80's so fashion was a bit different then. Long hair was common for guys, and I had long blond hair at the time part way down my back. Although my hair is short now, I still remember the feeling of it sweeping across my back when going shirtless in the summer as a kid. Any sitcom that had the male star crossdress made me wish it were acceptable and I could wear those cloths without retribution. I got into my mothers older cloths that were in storage and some older makeup she no longer used and I had an opportunity to experiment with how it looked and felt and loved it. These were the short dresses from the 60's that zipped up the back and as a teenager I fit in it kind of tight, but did fit. A once piece swim suite that she outgrew with panty hose underneath, that was a fashion statement. I don't know if it was the feeling that I was in feminine cloths or the feeling of different fabric against my body that was exhilarating but I knew it was not accepted and although I enjoyed it, I knew better than to share it with anyone. A few times in my teen years I would shave part of my leg to see what it felt like and liked it. It just felt so clean, smooth, and ultra sensitive. I managed to keep it to myself until I graduated high school. Joined the military for over a decade where I knew it was also unacceptable. The first week I was out of the military and starting a new job I knew I was no longer in danger of military discipline. I shaved my legs for the first time and it just felt comfortable, normal to me, and relieved to have been waiting to do this my whole life. I still never knew anyone else did this or had ever heard of crossdressing other than a skit on television. The internet came along in the 1990's and I learned online that I was not alone, crazy, or a bad person for being born this way. It made me feel a whole lot better about myself.

Even to this day, I find myself at social gatherings many times split between the guys and the ladies. I will hang with one group for a while, then hang with the other group for a while. I feel comfortable in either setting, but prefer to hang with the girls, and many times the ladies will be comfortable with me in the group as if I were one of the girls as well. I have always been able to talk to people and put them at ease. I think somehow they sense I am an honest sensitive person who actually listens and tries to understand them.

Really!

Spontaneous estrogen! Really? You must tell us your secret. Will save us a whole lot of money on pills!
    Last edited by marny; 09-09-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    regent,

Was fascinated by mums tights which I loved...but it was more than an interest started dance at 17...as much for the look but it was the first time I shaved my legs and put on sheers. .then I knew!

I've always thought of myself as female, so cross dressing is a method to hide the fact my body is male structured.

Banned Read only
    A genetic malfunction.

Most reasons I am sure were psychological. Ways to find my way through things I grew up dealing with. Today, the desire is to feel comfortable, because I really do enjoy the way I feel when dressed. A dress or skirt allow the legs to be free with the occasional subtle kiss of fabric as I move about my day. Pantyhose and bra invite a sense of security as they are tight against the body. Heels make me taller, stand up straighter, and just give me a sense of confidence other shoes don't give.
    Oh, the things we could do, if we only knew, the things we knew we could do.

womens clothing....
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Nothing caused me to be a tg, It was how I was born.
    Erica

Neve needed a reason, its just how it is...

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    NO

I'm on the Autism spectrum. My Dad was (but he didn't have a clue)... All three of my kids are, and one of my two grandkids are.

It is biology, not environment. Our brains function differently.

In 'gamer' terms, we have some stats we can topload, but by doing so other stats are weak.

- MM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    I have a ASD diagnosis as well, Asperger's specifically, pleased to meet you This is my point exactly, notwithstanding the fact that 'environment' can have an effect on what we consider biology. No-one ever asked me what caused my ASD, just how I deal with it in my day-to-day life (for as far as it has any effect on it at all). That's what I consider more important about cross-dressing as well: how to deal with it instead of trying to find a non-existent or non-reducible root cause.
    I have Aspergers also.
    I think what started it off with me is that when i was in Primary School, we had a dressing up box in our class that we all played with and everytime i would pick this light blue dress and i wore it everytime without thinking anything of it.
    I remember telling my dad one day when he came to get me from school that i had worn a dress and the look on his face was priceless! 😂

I had always wondered how i would look if i fully made myself up to be a woman with the long hair and make-up so in 2006 i sought the help of a counsellor who on the advice of her bosses, helped me by getting me a brunette wig and some clothes and jewellery and let me dress as a woman in our meetings and she did my hair and make up.

When i first saw myself in the mirror, i had a mixture of feelings.
    Shock, Amazement and full of happiness followed by a bit of emotion!
    She really was a big help and made me see that there was nothing wrong with what i was doing and there were loads of people like me out there and thats when i joined this amazing place! ☺
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications. It is recommended that other members post a similar notice to this.

Gosh.
    Let me see. I remember at a very young age people telling my mom, "What a cute little girl your daughter is" when they saw me. I was shy and liked my hair long. What can I say, I was a cute kid. LOL.
    I have 5 older sisters and I found it natural to put on their clothes and make up as a very young boy. Nothing "made me become a cross-dresser", it just came natural to me. I love that I am a straight married male who just happens to feel more comfortable in girly clothes.

Love,
    Lexi V.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I always thought it was the distribution of X and Y chromosomes; not being of one sex or the other, kind of a little bit of “girl” in each of us.
    I always thought I should’ve been a girl ever since I can remember, but we play the hand that we’re dealt and be satisfied that we are able to do what we do.
    I think it is purely genetics, how our genes were ordered at the time of conception.
    I never thought of having to be a CD was a "malfunction" in any way, although it certainly ins't the norm, although it's the "norm" for me. It's just who, and what, I am.
    That said, nevertheless we are a very small segment of society, which is why people just don't get it, don't understand who, or what, we are.
    It's just who, and what, I've always been, and there's nothing anybody can do about it, although my SO still thinks I'll "grow out of it someday".
    Last edited by CherylFlint; 09-10-2014 at 12:20 AM.

The urge has been in my DNA from a very young age.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Is there really a cause? As above the urge is there! Sometimes it's less some more, but never goes away.
    hugs

Aspiring Member
    I don't know. Theologians have a concept that something that always existed has no cause. To identify a cause, there must evidence or a pattern leading to the event or behavior at hand. I cannot identify any such evidence or pattern, so I cannot identify causality.

In my case, my three earliest memories show things that have shaped my personal life: animals, growing plants, a scientific curiosity with an engineering bent, and Crossdressing. I remember herding cows with my dog on a foggy day ate age four, using natural behaviors of the animals to my benefit and wondering what fog is and how to use it. I remember growing a small crop crop of grain, also at age four. I remember meeting a sister of a friend at church, being impressed with how pretty she looked (back in the days when mothers went to great efforts dressing up their little girls), and asking my grandmother, who was raising me at the time, why I could not look that way. I don't recall the answer, but by age nine, I had my own femme things, and was dressed head to toe for a Halloween parade.

Today, I am an engineer, I grow one of the city's finest gardens, I have two cats that now behave like dogs, I am an elected church elder, and I have a wardrobe that many GGs would envy. What caused all this? I don't know. It has always existed. Maybe it has no cause.

I was born a boy,but I was just curious as to how it would feel to slide into a dress&heels.I snuck into my mothers closet
    one day,after she left for work&I tried on one of her dresses&stepped into a pair of her heels&I was hooked? For years,I
    secretly went into her closet&tried on all of her dresses&outfits&got bold&lifted a fresh pkg of pantyhose out of her drawer
    one day&put the pantyhose on&dressed fully in one of her good skirtsuits&stepped into a pair of her expensive heels&sat
    at her makeup table&did my hair&makeup

Confucius, we sound similar. I believe that it was because of my sister being born so soon after me. I was the 3rd male and my sister was the first female. She was spoiled and I too craved my mother's attention. Additionally, my mother would say that men are not responsible, yada, yada, yada.

Not to mention she had some very feminine clothing. lol

I was born with it in me, period.

I have contemplated this for my whole life. Why do I have such a urge to dress in women's clothes. I think after decades I assume it's something I was born with and I don't see it changing ever. I am ok with that but it wasn't always that way.

Greed ,wants to try everything, il do soon doing this,=[