Thread: Missed opportunity???

Missed opportunity???

I posted a version of this response on another thread but decided it was not appropriate and way too long so I'm kind of hesitantly posting it here.

I have been hit on a number of times, and there is no mistaking me for a woman unless the person had way too many drinks. It is interesting though, from my own personal view point as a cross dresser. My first encounters were at a gay club, and, not knowing better, I was sitting at the bar when they occurred. Rude and crude were the pick up lines. A turn off from the start. After telling of my experiences here on this site, the comments were more or less, if you are sitting at the bar alone, you have to expect behavior like that. Not accept it but expect it. They are cruising and they expect other patrons there to be cruising. So, I took the advice offered here and I stopped sitting at the bar. I sat either by the dance floor, btw I love the dance, or away from the bar and the outrageous proposals ended.

I should say, so far, I have not had any experience with a man or even seriously kissed one.

Lately though, I had some encounters that made me think - maybe that I should be open to new experiences. Recently I was at the 5 Club in Madison WI. There was a drag show going on. There were a lot of queens/CDs there from Chicago. The show was great, lots of very talented entertainers. I met one very attractive CD, who was there supporting her friends who were performing. We hit it off immediately. We met and chatted while waiting for a bar keep. She was very affectionate, with a lot of touching, not sexual, but feminine, light touches on the hands, arms, etc. Very friendly. I currently don't have much of that in my life, so it was surprising, almost overwhelming, enticing, frightening, my heart was racing, I was in a state I tell you.

I was in a purple mood that night. I was out shopping before I stopped at the club. I had on a purple suede skirt, mid calf, a purple sweater, hippie style, purple bra, purple panties, purple accessories, you get the idea. I stopped at the club for a drink on my way home. I was way out-dressed, I didn't know a drag show was happening that night. It was a benefit show. The outfits most of the CDs wore were to die for. I would have dressed differently if I knew.

My potential new friend was dressed to nines, perfect make up, lovely sparkly dress, matching jewelry, great shoes. I was envious, but I was having a great time conversing with her. The place was packed, we didn't mind waiting for a drink while chatting. It seemed my body was in sensory overload, I didn't know what was going on. Finally a bar keep came, my new friend asked me what I wanted to drink............and I panicked. I don't know what happened. I only had one drink so far that night. I usually have 2 at the most, so alcohol was not a factor.
    I usually buy drinks, even dressed, but still, I don't know why I responded the way I did. I thanked her but said 'no thank you' and said 'no need to, I can buy my own'.. dumb on my part...broke the spell.....WHY??....it was stupid!.. I ordered a beer. One of her friends were performing so she left to watch. I drank half of my beer and fled. Missed opportunity? Who knows what may have happened, probably nothing but a good time meeting new friends. Would I have responded to her if things would have gotten more serious. I think about it after the fact, and it is possible. I feel regret. It was totally out of my life experience, I didn't know what to do. I still think, what if? I was really attracted to her, the initial attraction was more than any other person I have met in years. Maybe it was that attraction that spooked me. Maybe I just got scared, of what, I really don't know, well I kind of know but not completely sure.

Anyone else have an experience like this? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Big hug,
    jamsey

Banned Read only
    Jamsey what would your reaction have been if it had been a GG ?
    I've just checked your profile and see your at an age when we tend to suffer from emotional neglect, so when some of those feelings come back you're not sure how to handle them !
    So did you do the right thing ? Maybe it was a gut feeling that pulled you out of it ! If the situation had continued you might have been beating yourself up even more afterwards ! Maybe not a missed opportunity, possibly something that needs thinking through before it happens again.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jamsey,

We (humans) are social creatures and contact with others is normally (not always) preferred over solitude. I am not sure if you have someone special in your life but your post leads me to believe that is not so. The CDer in question was attractive as you state and while there was a man below she was presenting female and her attention was feminine (light touches). I am going to make a bit of an assumption here so if I offend you . . . apologies. If you are at a juncture in your life where you are lonely and looking for someone special, it is not surprising that the attention paid would have put you on sensory overload . . . sweetie attention is attention and if you are lonely it would have been enough to fuel your emotions. The panic . . . well, it could have been a couple of things IMHO. If you are potentially leaning toward romantic encounters with another CDer or a man, you may not have felt ready or just vulnerable at that time. You mentioned you did not feel at your best (out dressed) so you might have subconsciously felt "out of her league" and this could have caused the confusion. I wonder if you had been dressed to the nines, feeling great and more in control, you might have let her buy you that drink and seen where it goes. The other possibility is that while you were attracted to her when it came down to a potential "this could possibly lead elsewhere" your inner "boy" may have been saying "Whoa Hoss, you like cowgirls not cowboys".

So a missed opportunity . . . If you are truly attracted to men/CDers it is possible. Then again she could have just been being friendly. As a young guy, I can recall misreading a girls body language at a bar and thinking she wanted to be more than friends when in fact she did not. If you are not attracted to men in that manner, then romantically not a missed opportunity but you may have missed an opportunity to make a good friend which you can salvage. If you truly like this gal (friend or more) my recommendation is make contact and see where it goes. It is easy to get confused when dealing with CDers especially if they present well. Will you make a mistake and end up doing more than you are prepared to do . . . not likely unless you are wired that way. Remember, you just cannot suddenly become gay or bi anymore than you can just suddenly become TG.

Good luck.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Hi Jamsey, Now that you have time to think about it , Lets see how it goes the next time.
    Are you ready to take it to the next level ??
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Jamsey, what would you have done had you NOT been dressed? You, in male mode, talking to this cross dresser? Is your interest still piqued? If you are not gay/bi, you would not think this was a lost opportunity. I suspect you are trying to rationalize that you are bi or gay. You need to objectively reflect about that.

I think most people do not do well accepting gifts from others

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Hi Jamsey,........ The other possibility is that while you were attracted to her when it came down to a potential "this could possibly lead elsewhere" your inner "boy" may have been saying "Whoa Hoss, you like cowgirls not cowboys". ........ Remember, you just cannot suddenly become gay or bi anymore than you can just suddenly become TG.

Isha
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Jamsey, what would you have done had you NOT been dressed? You, in male mode, talking to this cross dresser? Is your interest still piqued? If you are not gay/bi, you would not think this was a lost opportunity. I suspect you are trying to rationalize that you are bi or gay. You need to objectively reflect about that.

I think Isha and Jennifer encapsulated exactly what I was thinking. I have had a period of being very much on my own, so I can appreciate the sensory overload bit when someone shows an interest in us, although mine was purely with GGs. Defo no blokes for me (my true Brit showing through ), however presented, but whatever floats your boat as they say.

Not so much an opportunity lost, as an experienced gained IMHO. The auto response to refuse the drink has simply given you time to reflect for the future, should you meet a similar situation or this person again. Happy hunting!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Two comments, both said as Humor but food for thought.......

#1 Careful what you wish for, you might get it.

#2 Sometimes God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

After those thoughts, I agree with the concept that being alone too long makes any contact more enjoyable.
    Another thought, what would your reaction be if you were already in a relationship, but alone that night.
    Are you interested in that type of relationship, or just missing any type of contact?

Never think of those meetings as an opportunity lost, mark it down to experience and next time you may be able to shed social graes a little better.

I always preach safety and live for another day.

Never regret decisions that you make like that ust live for the next day and handle it better.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Jamsey there is a problem that encounters like yours have that can be easily resolved. You are afraid that you broke the spell by what you consider an inappropriate response. Don't be so hard on yourself. There's an easy way to deal with this in the future. This was a cd in which you were interested who may or may not have wanted to continue to get to know you. She may have wanted or she may have decided you were, as you fear, too straight and rejecting because of the way you refused another drink. You don't know. It may just have been that she was kind of busy with her friends and although she liked you she didn't really have the time.

So here's the solution. Whenever you start to hit off with someone give them a way to contact you later. You can do this casually. You don't have to give them your real name and phone number. You are on this site. Tell them your name here and what a great site this is and ask them if they are also here. Talk cd.com up just a little so they will remember later, if they want, that cute cd was on cd.com. Let her check you out. You can do this easily without appearing to be some cd.com evangelist.

I'm not saying that cd.com is some kind of dating site but it is a way for transgender folk to contact each other and, btw, get to know each other, and is a safe way for tgs to find each other if they bump into each other IRL.

I mention this because I got a birthday message from one of my customers who is on another (more kink oriented) site. He gave me his name on that site and asked me if I was also there. I checked him out and although he was obviously a lovely man his kink was not that interesting to me. But he did let me know how to contact him if I happened to be his sort of person. That was clever , polite, and sweet.
    Last edited by devida; 05-25-2014 at 12:46 PM.

You are an adult and have a lot of experience from life in general. I always trust my gut reaction because it is normally very right. Trust yours. You had an experience, you reacted to it and now you are thinking out loud and in writing about it. That is all good. You will soon learn when you can enjoy moments like that and not worry about them and not do anything, and also when you should worry about them. As you learn from all this you will become more confident in your future decisions. Good luck and enjoy life.

Hi, thanks all for your comments, analysis and advice.

Teresa, if it was a GG, I would have probably close to the same response. I'm in a bad marriage, I only see my wife a few hours a week, she works in another city and is living there with friends. The few hours I do see her is enough. And Isha, Reb and others are right. I'm not currently in any kind of relationship where there is warmth, affection, intimacy, etc and I haven't been in one in years. I am sensory deprived. I have women for friends but as long as I'm still married I am not taking it any further then casual friends. So, when I do encounter someone who is openly warm and affectionate I notice it right away and my body does respond. It doesn't matter if it is a GG, CD or any of the other abbreviations.

Also, as Isha and Reb stated 'The other possibility is that while you were attracted to her when it came down to a potential "this could possibly lead elsewhere" your inner "boy" may have been saying "Whoa Hoss, you like cowgirls not cowboys' My inner "boy" is definitely cowgirl oriented. My fem side is more open, possibly BI. My BOY lets my fem side do almost anything, within limits, and this was probably, well, it was a case of where he decided WHOA HOSS, took over and I left quickly.

This was not the first time someone offered to buy me a drink when I was dressed. I have let others buy me a drink in the past. This was the first time I refused the offer, and I'm trying to understand my response and why I did what I did. Lots of good advice above. If it ever happens again, I will handle it differently for sure, experience, you know, is the best teacher.

Devida, memory says I did mention our website and we chatted about it a little. I don't think she was a member. I did do a quick search but didn't find her.

And I do think I have probably blown this up more than it was, just a quick encounter in a bar, but the possibilities and what might have happened, in my mind at least, have led me to examine my motives and reasoning. It is sometimes surprising how you react in certain situations that is unexplainable and seems totally out of character.

Again thanks and a big hug to all that responded. I was hesitant about posting this, but it was worth it for the advice and comments that were offered.

Jamsey

Not an opportunity missed but an education gained perhaps? I once had a pair of friends get into a heated argument about butter. They were newlyweds and combining households. One preferred to leave butter on the counter so it was soft and the other preferred to leave butter in the fridge because "it's more sanitary." They were both intelligent people -- it didn't take Einstein to realize they could have one stick of butter in the fridge and one on the table. But the fact is, they weren't arguing about butter, they were arguing about sex. But they both came from backgrounds where you don't talk about sex. So they argued about the butter. A psychologist later told me the subtext of the argument was "I'm not putting up with this unsatisfactory situation AND the butter!"

It doesn't sound like your experience was about the drink, it was about something you didn't want to face and the drink became the metaphor. It could be dealing with the idea of a new kind of attraction or it could be the idea of bailing out of an unsatisfactory existence, or of giving up on your marriage, or any number of things. But it wasn't the drink. She was offering you something and you didn't want to accept it. If it wasn't the drink, what was it?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I agree with Jennie. Don't think of it as a missed opportunity but a learning experience. I'm totally straight. But, there have a been a few times I've found myself "intrigued" by the attentions of CD's.

Initially, I acted like u did. "Waitress? Check please!" Now, I'm into exploring just what the heck I'm feeling when this happens. And, if someone gets too aggressive? I'm prepared to, and have said, "No!"

If u put yourself out there, you'll have other opportunities. I expect to and I'm older than u!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wow, older than me...you must be really old then.....lol. Just kidding, I'm 65 and I don't feel old at all. And I fight like mad to delay aging, arthritis, Alzheimer, all the age related effects of growing old. I keep my job because it is still mentally challenging and I work with a lot of younger people, which is challenging in itself. Dressing also factors in. I have to watch my weight and exercise to keep my flab from expanding. I'm upset with myself today because I ate too many calories. lol. What has the above have to do with this thread? Absolutely nothing, of course. I just start typing and away we go.

Of course I agree with Jenny and you. I'm also straight, or as straight as a boy can be when I'm all dressed up. Yes it is an education and I was surprised on one level as to my response, and on another I thought is was totally appropriate. The inner boy. Who knows how I will behave if it happens again. At least now I know one way I could behave.

The metaphor comparison is perfect. I believe. It is also purely psychological. Who am I really? Who are we all really? huh, what, oh yeah, college intro to psych. Reminds me of my instructor. Some of us in his class thought he was a little off, this was in 1970, after all. You probably remember that year DocrobbySherry. An interesting era in our history. My professor brought up the subject of women's panties more often than would be required in an intro course. When he did, there was always some snickering going on, not by me, I was 3-4 years older than most of the students, military time caused that. I was an outsider except for a few other vets. Anyway I never did talk to him about those women panties, another regret. But I was one of over a hundred students in the class and I chose to remain anonymous.

Sorry, ramble, ramble and ramble, and I haven't even had a drink.

So, do we have a choice to cd? and by cd I mean the whole spectrum of all the personalities on this site. Are we pre-ordained to cross dress, is it fate, karma or some of the new popular psych theories currently floating around? Or do we have a choice to behave the way we do? Right now I'm wearing tan lace panties, a beautiful tan slightly padded 38b bra that fits perfectly and is one of my favorites, A white lace trimmed sleeveless blouse and a 50s style black skirt with partial pleating right up the front. I chose this combination out of about 10 outfits because I knew it was I would be typing and it seemed to be the most comfortable to do so. I chose these items, so there was no other power that made me pick these clothes but maybe there was a power to make we want to dress tonight.

Or maybe we are just random atoms crashing about the universe causing havoc. Who knows, but I know there are a lot of threads that examine this better and more intelligently than I do. That is enough rambling tonight.

Big hug to all.
    Jamsey.

Hey Doc B, are you on this site? You were only a couple years older than I was.

I don't think it is an issue as long as you are clear. being polite and leading someone on are different. being single for awhile I was taken back by the friendly (light) touching of a female friend. but I didn't act on it and later concluded she was just being friendly. sounds like a great evening, it gives this closet dresser hope that maybe someday being open will be good.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamsey View Post
    .........So, do we have a choice to cd? and by cd I mean the whole spectrum of all the personalities on this site. Are we pre-ordained to cross dress, is it fate, karma or some of the new popular psych theories currently floating around? Or do we have a choice to behave the way we do?.........Jamsey.
    Jamsey,

CDing is absolutely always about choice! Cotton, satin or silk lingerie for starters.

As so many before have proffered, if it were a genuine choice to dress, many likely would not. However, we are all acutely aware that somethings are hard wired and off down said path we go, time after time. Great isn't it!? Personally, I love and embrace my uniqueness, but it's such a pity that society isn't totally ready for that.

So just joining your ramble with one of my own.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I'm sorry , I don't really have much to offer this original post, though it did answer a lot of questions for me, thanks ladies, it was an education reading the replies!
    Adelaide