Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is your personality different when dressed?

Reality Check
    Nope. I don't see how strapping on a pair of boobs and a wig can change a person's personality. We are still the same person we were an hour ago.

My personality? No. If your personality changes while dressed, your bordering on a split personality syndrome. I tend to be more relaxed, less irritable, etc. That stems not from being en femme, but from the confidence and peace that being content brings. So def not a personality switch, more of just a mood elevator.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I take smaller bites when I eat.

I dress alone, so I cannot truly judge, but I do not feel as if I am different. I do not take on a liking or disliking to anything different. It is likely that my mannerism, which are already on the fem side are probably more so, but that due to a stronger connection of which is already present. My wife knows that dress but has never seen me. She has however talked to me on the phone, and I have told her that on certain times I was dressed when that happened and she was surprised.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I'm certainly much more relaxed and happy. I have noticed over the years that my body language is much more feminine. It happens naturally, and I love that.

thank you for that - i adore the two of you for getting to that point in your relationship and being creative with it. i dress for myself only but i sense what you meant about a personality change. i suspect the girls who feel less change might dress for a different reason and it plays out differently in them.
    and i am in awe that you could go shopping with your wife. i will never get there, but when i am feeling tammy's influence; that excites me as a fantasy. i could see girlfriends being a wonderful experience - sharing thoughts as two women. husband speaks his feminine mind and wife,being with another woman, could find herself talking girl talk.
    frankly my dears, tammy is jealous

I am a Friday evening, inside the house type of CD. From others' perspective, both of my wives, who accepted me dressed (well, most of the time), said both of my presentations had the same underlying values, but clearly different ways of expressing them. Does that constitute a different personality? Inside myself, when dressed I feel more in touch with my surroundings, more sensual, and more sensitive to aesthetic things. I can do this to some extent without dressing but it is more fun en femme. I wonder if I'm using the clothes as a kind of talisman?

Aspiring Member
    The whole thing is incredibly spell-binding. How I could go from this perfectly masculine man to this ultra femme female just by putting on clothes. Yet this female is buried within me, locked away in some cranny of a library in my mind somewhere. Yet she is there. It's boggles the mind.
    Presenting femme is like being on a psychedelic drug. Everything, colors, sensations is intensified.
    I've used the coin analogy before. Same coin different sides. Now if i could just keep up the balancing act. When I am male I want to look like a man, nothing tight or too colorful. In femme mode just the opposite. In the words of the immortal Mr Spock....fascinating.
    Last edited by bimini1; 05-31-2014 at 10:11 AM.

Platinum Member
    Being en femme around the house does not change my personality. Actually, I truly forget I'm en femme. It feels as if I just plain selected something different to wear for the day. This week I had no desire to be en femme (recovering from an operation) when I did the laundry and baked some goodies. Next week you'll probably find me dolled up in heels, hosiery, bra, panty, slip, dress and wig sitting in the back yard enjoying some warm blueberry muffins and hot coffee.

Donning my femme clothes enables me to become LeeAnne. She is vulnerable and shy, but feels pretty when she tries new things. As a guy, though, those aspects stay more hidden. So yes, I do feel and become different when dressing.

When I'm dressed I feel much more confident. I don't know what it is but when I am a woman I feel as if I could take on the world!

Just putting on the bra, panties, dress and wig don't really do it by themselves, but when I go 'all the way' with makeup, accessories, and heels and then go out of the relative safety of my home, my feminine side takes over and I become so much more soft, gentle, graceful, and peaceful. I think that I'm much easier to be around as Donna and I really care so much more about the people with whom I interchange.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Does my personality change? ... I would say its about the same. I have the same beliefs and values and so the way I think is the same .... but ... I would say there is a slight change in my behavior as I tend to move a little bit differently (feminine deportment?) and I eat and drive slower too!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I think I act differently but I think my wife possibly has a better perspective than me. She says that what she really likes about how I approach cross dressing is that I am the same person regardless of how I am dressed. She says that any changes that I do exhibit are so minor that they are irrelevant.

I dont feel different when dressed, however my wife says that when she calls and talks to me on the phone she can tell by my voice if I am dressed. She knows that I dress often when she is gone so it is alright and sometimes she will ask or I will just tell her.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    There is something of a shift when I become Amy; I'm quite a bit more social, for instance. That helps me out in my group event organizer role! I also make the shift to Amy-voice almost automatically when dressed; it can take actual mental effort for me to "disengage" it and speak in my "normal" voice! Also, one odd quirk: I never curse as Amy, I suppose it's just not ladylike. In a situation where my male self would be likely to say some colorful phrase involving one or more of the "Seven Words You Can't Say On Television," I-as-Amy will probably say, "Oh, good heavens!" or similar.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

My boyfriend tends to let his more femme side come out when he is dressed. And even sometimes when he is just talking about being dressed.

Yes I'm different dressed as the real me

I'm calm , I'm happy

I'm way more extroverted, enthusiasm is much much higher, quicker to take a risk, frivolous with money(more so ). Way different en femme

Yes, I am bigender. I am always the same person basically but there are changes in mannerisms, musical taste, confidence, anxiety level. A lot of it depends on what I can do about it when I suddenly flip into girl mode. Even before I figured this out about myself my wife has told me I act a little different dressed. I am letting out a deeply suppressed part of myself that has always been there.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

Strong sexual arousal of feeling like a girl. I can reach up to 10 orgasms during 1 day with my GF.