Thread: Have appointment with gender therapist

Have appointment with gender therapist

Hi all - I have a consultation with a gender therapist in 2 weeks

I don't know if I'm going to fully transition (I basically doubt it), but I would like to discuss my CD, how sometimes I do it for days, how I often feel and desire womanness, but sometimes dude mode works just fine for me (so I could be genderfluid or what have ya).

Any advice, support, or tales of experience are welcome - thanks
    - Phoebe Brenne

Congrats for making the effort to do something about it. Do not worry too much about things and just be honest with yourself and the therapist.
    There are no right or wrong things to say. And in the end, you will learn more about yourself (and answer some questions about yourself)

The way I see it we're never required to "act" one way or the other. A therapist is a good beginning to get in touch with feelings and begin to manage them.Once we do that, we hold the reins and not the feelings.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi Brenne,

I have a feeling we are going to the same place for counseling. Be honest with yourself and discuss your issue well with the therapist. I wish you all the best.

Brenne,
    I can only say you will get reinforcement and maybe some questions will be answered.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I probably need to do this myself sooner rather than later but I would find it extremely difficult to trust the person or put much faith in the profession. I'm also not confident they would know much about bigender. Now that I am being honest and open with myself about these things my gender identity issues have blown through the roof. I am happier though, finally expressing my true self.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

Platinum Member
    Hi Brenne, There are two kinds , The ones that will tell you what they think and the ones that will tell you what you want to hear.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Years ago, kind of in a different life, I followed several maxims from Musashi (a samurai) I thought I understood "Do not permit yourself to think in a self deceptive manner". I started to discover just how little I understood that once I started with my GI therapist.
    Best advice I can give from here is force yourself to be honest with them, and keep a small notebook/journal during the week in case you run across something you want to discuss next session.

My only advice- Get to the point. I have met people who have gone to therapy to discuss gender issues, and on their third appt. still haven't brought it up. It's your money, and time.

I've been going to a therapist for about 6 months now. I'm not really interested in transitioning at the present time. We have discussed many issues and I feel my CDing is working as a good way for me to cope with myself and my problems. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Brenne, There are two kinds , The ones that will tell you what they think and the ones that will tell you what you want to hear.
    Hope I get the first kind.
    - Phoebe Brenne

Gone to live my life
    Hi Brenne. I was referred to a gender identity therapist while I was being treated of combat related PTSD . . . it was the best referral I ever got and have been seeing her now for about 7 months. She has helped bring order to chaos and has helped in the integration of Isha into my boy world. As others have said though . . . for it to work you need to be honest.

Hugs

Isha