Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Ever Have Dry Spells?

Mostly harmless
    I definitely get dry spells. They generally last a few days and I haven't really noticed whether they're linked to stress or anything.

For me, they're just times when I simply don't have the desire to dress. no idea why not, just one of those things I guess.

Yup! I live by myself so I get plenty of chances to dress, but it's a lot of work and my job tires me out enough as it is.

In a word...NO!
    I don't ever recall a time in my life when that happened. There have been times when I was unable to do to circumstances beyond my control, but never self-imposed.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member
    Yes. I have ever few hours now and then.

Yes, I have had dry spells over the years, but I always come back to it. I guess I am just drawn to it and have come to appreciate it more and more.

Since the decision to dress or not to dress is always my choice, I never have "dry spells".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by WhisperTV View Post
    Do you ever have times where you just don't want to CD. Where the urge to do it is gone and you wouldn't do it even if you had the chance?

I don't mean permanently, I mean a dry spell.
    I can honestly say I've never had that. The urge is always there. The opportunity often isn't.

~Mel
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Yes. In one now where I have not dressed since the 1st week of April. Had a couple of chances, but just did not feel like doing it. Now the urge is back and will dress later this week.

Having one now.

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    Sometimes, due to my crazy work schedule, I will force myself to put on a dress and heels, just to sleep in! At least, I get to dress up, even though I don't get much time.
    Charlotte

I'm going through one now. There have been a couple of events that I could have attended and didn't. I'm helping a friend out with a new venture on Sunday's and she told me that if I wanted to come in dressed or just push the drab line a little she was fine with it. One reason is that I don't want to hurt the business and 2 I really haven't been in the mood although I did wear a little translucent bronzer on one day and a bra (I'm between a b-c) under a loose shirt nothing too noticeable but I knew what I was wearing.

I'm always a little more reluctant in the summer time, Ive always had big pecs and arms, which is really hard to hide in the summertime in the south. Around the holidays is always tricky too

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    I don't have those kind of problems. I'm not in the best of shape, so I don't have big arms or chest. Speaking of chest, I don't have boobs, even breast forms, so that isn't an issue, either.
    Charlotte

Oh, you bet. For me, it often seems analogous to a damn bursting. I dress for a while on a regular basis, shoes consume my thoughts, I spend every free moment at Macy's, etc. Then after a while, it feels like all of the energy is depleted, and the guy side of me needs some attention.

The problem that this presents is that sometimes, if I haven't dressed or thought about it for a long time, I may get the notion that purging is a good idea. Well, I have historically, anyways. I'd like to think I know myself well enough this time around to avoid that pitfall, but we'll see.

Really, I think the trick is to learn not to ignore either side of myself for long periods of time, or get overly wrapped up in the more active one. I'm hopeful that better balance will lead to a happier me in the long run.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Definitely do. Sometimes for a few days, other times maybe a month or so. Usually what gets me back is just a minor trigger, maybe seeing a pretty woman in a nice dress or skirt and the urge comes rushing back.

Yes I have dry spells I call them a drought here in in Texas but just like the weather they say here just wait five minutes and it can change. For some reason I don't feel I need to dress all the time. I do enjoy wearing panties anytime and those alone can sometimes trigger a hankering to go put on my makeup and that leads to the bra...... Well you get the idea. When wife and I travel I in our camper I really don't want any thing but my guy shorts, t shirts and flip flops. If we are gone for a week or two I'm fine without dressing. It's really funny how long the dry spell can last, but just like the weather that can change in a heartbeat, I see a beautiful lady wearing something I really like or her make especially lipstick just the right color I feel a tingle of hey I need to dress soon. It's those small triggers that can change me in a second.

Years ago, occasionally, today, eight hours whilst at work.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.