Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At what point did it no linger become about the cloths.

Again this is one of those threads which are extremely useful for someone like me who has now decided to embrace my female side and stop hiding it. I'm not the only one going through this.

As for the clothes, looking back it was never about the clothes for me. I see that now. I did try to work out why I crossdressed and decided it was a way of getting close to girls. I was of course ignoring the elephant in the room. Really I wanted to be a girl, in fact I was a girl. But it was an impossible concept for a child growing up in Ireland in the 1970s. People like that only existed in England or America.

CDing allowed me to express my female side completely. Actually I say 'side' but it isn't a side, it's the whole. When dressed I relaxed and became myself. The problem of course is that in male mode I tried to suppress the all feminine traits, not very successfully as I mentioned in other threads. This had a very negative effect on my life. But eventually I accepted I was TS.

But lately I decided to stop pretending and simply be myself. However I still need the clothes if only a piece of underwear which acts if you like, as a catalyst. By permanently wearing something female at all times I'm giving myself permission to stop trying to act like a man. In theory I shouldn't need to wear any female clothes if clothing doesn't matter but it's just a little trick to help me.

But the effect is huge. It's like a weight off my shoulders. I'm more relaxed and a nicer person. Life has a much more rosy glow. I know I can never transition but it's the next best thing, short of actually spending my entire time fully dressed as a woman. Who knows, that day may come yet!

I first started to realize it was not just about the clothes about 5 or 6 years ago... but that's only in retrospect. At the time, I suppressed it.

I finally admitted it to myself about six months ago and have since come out to my family.

I have always loved wearing the cloths.Even when i was young it wasnt about a sexual thing it just felt right. Today i just dont feel 100% onless i am wearing something femme. I now keep my body hairless and have begun wearing clear nail polish on my fingers and toes. All of this just makes me feel whole. I have wondered for as long as i can remember about what it would be like to transistion, however it is not an option i would ever consider. I also noticed i am blending more Fem traits into my everyday life and not really on purpose i just noticed it happens. Even my wife says "she has noticed that i stand differnt and act differnt more fem". I do know i am much more happy when i am at least partially dressed. Ok so i am a confused person??? But i am what i am.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by hope springs View Post
    Ive only been Dressing a month or so and already feel this way. I just finished reading two feminist centered books. Im trying to empathize with the feminine condition and bring it into myself. Its more than the dressing. The clothes are a tool and an expression.
    Just a warning on some feminist books out there most women I know don't agree with them.

Silver Member
    It always was about more than just the clothes, or we would not cross dress to begin with.

Banned Read only
    Decades ago I use to dress for sexual excitement. I may have been in a "pink fog" for a long time. Now? Well, I now dress either way, a man or a woman, depending on how I feel. I feel extremely comfortable dress as a male in cut off jeans, sweat socks, torn tee shirt and baseball cap. Today, well it's a red and white maxi Merona sun dress with white ankle length full slip, white bra and panty, red 2" heels, hosiery and grey wig. I feel comfortable either way. Yesterday I bought some new Jockey men's briefs. Today I bought a white short length full slip to go with some of my above the knee dresses. Tomorrow? I'll figure that out when I awake tomorrow.

For me, I don't think it was ever just about the clothes. The clothes are more a means to an end, a way to say something about myself. Something that's true no matter what I'm wearing.

LOL my dressing should of told me something when I started, I was dressing from a young age, well age 6 to be exact and as a kid dressing in friends clothes I never thought anything of it....I mean really??....alarm bells should of been ringing! but it was the 80s I was having to much fun to sit back and think "man what are you doing why are you dressed like that" but would you think that at that age?....probably not, when I reached my teenage years that was a truly difficult time for me because that's when it all started to kick in...here I was a teenager wishing to spend his life wearing girls clothes and acting like a girl and to top it all off I think I fancied guys, so was it a woman I wanted to be etc etc, I spent the next 10 years on a lonely unhappy road trying to find my self, it was only when I hit 25 after various flings with woman that I met what is now my bf and that was the point where everything began to fit together, my crossdressing is a result and what I've put it down to as gender mismatch, I like being a guy but inside is most definitely female and if I had the chance of a genuine female body I would take it instantly, but the strange thing is as a guy my body looks feminine minus the boobies and the below bits, I also like to be and am treated like a girl especially by my b/f, lol so what the hell went wrong when my folks were making me heaven only knows.

Fast forward to now....well I just don't care I'm fed up with trying to find answers to everything and if I carry on ill be old before I know it, I just live my life to how I see fit, I love crossdressing and I know who I am....it's who I am now!
    Last edited by CrossJess; 06-10-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Erica,
    I still have the strong urge to dress, constantly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.