Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thinking of quitting

thinking of quitting

I just don't feel there is a point anymore. I'll never be good looking. I don't look good as a guy either. It's getting too expensive and I still haven't gone out yet. When I'm at home I just don't feel like it. My wife is pregnant and I would like to go out at least one time before she has the baby. Cause after that I think I'm done unless we're alone or away somewhere. So, maybe I'm done. I just don't know.

Gwendolyn

Hug

I won't ever be pretty either. Your right it can be really expensive. I would suggest when you quit, don't actually throw it all away yet. Pack it in some box and stow it somewhere.

Congratulations on the baby. Enjoy this time with your family it goes by all too fast.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Aspiring Member
    Perhaps you feel being left out. Being pregnant is a huge event and takes priority over most everything else. You didn't mention love, but if you love her your wife deserves your first consideration and support.

Ineke

^.^

Hey Gwen,

I don't think I look all that great either, although I consider myself a work in progress,
    and in my male mode, I'm just an ugly-looking 46-year old. I am also terribly self-
    critical.

HOWEVER ...

You were good enough looking to have a wife, and now a child. That's certainly
    a good thing. It sounds like the others who have commented have the right idea.
    Your wife and child should come first, but don't throw out your femme stuff,
    because you may feel the urge sometime in the future.

Good luck, and it sounds like you have some excitement ahead of you!

Amy M. Jackson

First, what is your goal in dressing? If its to pass then 90% of us wouldnt achieve that goal either. If your truly concerned about your looks when en femme then just stay away from mirrors. Your not going to enjoy it or reap the benfits unless you have some self confidence. Which in no way, shape or form has anything to do with looks. Dont believe me? Ever seen a 300 pound black woman strut like she is a runway model? I have, lots of times. Their inner self screams " this is me, love it or piss off" adopt an attitude of fearless self worth based on who you are, not your outside. If that dont work, start hanging out with heavy set black women

Gwinnie - some things in life are way more important than hobbies, urges or passions...

I'm sure very many of us here have also set aside 'girl-time' when other aspects of life have taken priority - it doesn't mean you won't ever want to do it again...

Your wife knows and is understanding - there's good advice here in just packing it all away and putting Gwinnie in suspended animation..

It may come back - it may not... The future is like that.... a bit uncertain....

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

i have tried to quit crossing dressing but it always to comes back to me so im not going bother trying to quit anymore just take breaks from time to time

Gwendolyn,
    you have been here long enough to know you just dont quit CDing and it wont quit you,
    absence will make the heart grow fonder, going Out has never been the end affirmation for myself it has always been how i FEEL,
    if you feel like your comfortable in the clothes thats what counts. sitting around and being comfortable is a good thing.
    congrats on the baby......
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Gwinnie,
    At home and in private, do you enjoy what you do?
    If the answer is yes then keep your aspirations high, you will get there someday.

Having a baby coming along is tantamount to someone finding a new girlfriend.

The whole spectre changes and new situations arise to interfere with what we do.

You won't be done after the baby arrives you will just have other things to occupy your mind for a great while.

Dressing will not go away it will just go into hiatus, so, do not despair, just look forward to the fun that starting a family can bring you.

Dressing is something you can always return to at some other time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Always put things in the order of importance. From battle fields to the nusery. Right now I would say the baby is your most important thing and should be at the top of the list. Remember if a baby is crying order of importance to get them to quit.... Check diaper...check to see if hungry..... Check to see if needs burping.... Those three are all you need to be concerned about.... The dressing needs to go on the back burner and then after the young is sleeping all night you might want to resume....

I can only say one thing my friend. Love and enjoy your family first and foremost. Then whatever else is meant to be will fall into place.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Thanks for the replies. The baby thing has been going on for a few years. My wife and I are the lucky 1% where we both have issues. We just did IVF and I had to have surgery as well so they had to go in and get what was needed. It hurt. Hurts more just thinking about it. Just so much stress and ups and downs. Mostly downs. Just hard to get excited about anything anymore.

Gwendolyn

from the second your baby exits the womb the memory of that procedure will fade and "ups" and "excitement" will be your reality, so many "firsts" are heading your way....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Gwinnie..........

I like you can never pass nor am I especially good looking as a male either. I've felt like you do many times only to have who I really am come out. I view dressing like a spring. The longer you go without dressing the more that spring compresses only to jump up at a later time. If you think that it's expensive now just wait until you purge (as we all have) and go to repurchase it all over again. My suggestion would be to store your things until you want to dress again..................Trust me you will.

I agree with princess ... store it away... purging is expensive too.... over the years I have tossed away several items

Having a child and crossdressing are not mutually exclusive. You can do both.
    As CDers, we are driven to wear the clothes, and our beginnings were any thing but glamorous. But over the years we worked at it, trying new things and learning how to do it better. I find it surprising that your desire to dress is diminishing because you're unhappy with the look.
    But if the desire just isn't there, why fight it?

Mostly harmless
    Hey Gwinnie... About looking good - If you're waiting until you're completely happy with your look, forget it! Nobody ever is. How many GG's do you know who are completely happy with their look? Even models obsess over every tiny flaw they find. Forget images in teh media - they're all airbrushed

Whatever you decide, the most important thing is that you find a way to be comfortable with who you are. You are who you are, so don't sweat what you can't change and just learn to enjoy being you.

Good luck whatever you do, and congratulations on the baby

Platinum Member
    Do it. There is no reason to continue and no penalty for changing your mind later.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Having a baby and raising a child is the most important thing you can do. When I held by daughter in my arms moments after she was born, my life changed forever and made me a better person. Having an infant will fill your universe. You will have depths of love you never knew you were capable of. It will be a miraculous thing.

Your life won't be over after your baby is born. It will be different, but there will still be opportunities to pursue your happiness. Right now it is stressful for you as you and your wife anticipate and prepare. Don't make any decisions now. Wait until after your baby is born and life establishes a new routine before making any choices.
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Platinum Member
    Hi Gwen, Just think about your upcoming child birth and just put your things away and sooner or latter the urge will probably come back.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Gwendolyn there is nothing more important than your family.

I'd say more but you already know it and I just put on a new outfit that arrived today and I'm just floating in pink fog right now.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Gwinnie, you don't need to post a thread if you want to quit. People do it every day. If you want to do it fine, but I'm guessing you are somewhat torn. Do you derive pleasure from dressing? If you do then you can continue to do it but its entirely up to you.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just pack up your girl stuff for another day.
    Congrats on the little one coming soon.

I can't quit , I have no choice , this is me

Yes its hard , yes its expensive , yes its getting difficult to look beautiful in my 50's .. but this is the hand I was dealt , so I play it best way I can

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Gwinnie don't let being a CD define you your family and children are way more important than this. Despite what some here say it is possible to stop if you truly wish to