Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Pass, or Die"

Banned Read only

"Pass, or Die"

One of my girlfriends, who's also TS (about 4 months into transition), came over to my house sunday, to go swimming at the pool at the condominiums where I live. After swimming, she stayed over for a while, we watched some Orange is the New Black, and Game of Thrones. So it was pretty late when she left my condo. She lives in a really good part of town, in Northern Plano.

She got back to her condos, and found that the nearby parking garage was full. So she went to the next garage, a short distance away, and parked. She came out of the garage - she was wearing a pretty blonde wig, black blouse and skirt, black thigh highs, and 4" black heels. She actually looked really good, I thought. Hormones have been pretty good to her so far, but she still has a ways to go.

Well, as she walked by the swimming pool on the way to her building, she heard whistles, cat-calls, and shouts of "Hey baby! Come over here sugar!" from the patio of a condo across the parking lot. She ignored them, and kept walking. The guys (there were 4-5 of them) kept whistling at her and being annoying - and then one of the women that was with them said "I don't think that's a woman..." It was dark, so they couldn't see her well, but my friend is 6'2", and with 4" heels, she stands out. Also, her body is still that of a male athlete. It's getting better - but it's just not totally feminized yet.

Four of the guys keep shouting at her - but they jump the fence of the patio, jump a low chain fence, and start pursuing her! "Hey sugar! Come here! We just wanna talk to you a minute!"

She kicked off her heels, and started running for the nearest entrance and stairwell to lead to her condo. She gets to the door - they are gaining on her, gets through it (there's a coded electronic key fob needed to enter), slams the door and runs up the stairs. She runs up the stairs, and then pauses at the landing. She hears them struggling with the door as she waits at the top of the second floor stairwell. Then she hears the fateful sound of the door opening - one of them had a pass to her building.

She runs, they climb the stairs in pursuit, still calling after her - "Hey wait a minute sugar, we just wanna talk to you!" She sprints down the corridor - they are in hot pursuit. She reaches her condo, opens the door, slams it, and locks it. They see which hall she turns into though.

She leaves the lights off in the condo, and sits on her couch for a minute, gasping for breath. They stop in front of her door - she can see their shadows under it. They start pounding on the door, still shouting for her to come out for a minute so they can speak with her.

My friend freezes and waits. She hears another person come up after a while and say "c'mon, she's probably calling the cops, you should leave." They reply "Who cares? Who are the cops going to believe? The four of us, or that faggot in there?" Apparently though, the newcomer eventually convinced them to quit beating on her door, calm down, and leave, because after a while, they left.

My friend sat shivering on her couch for 45 minutes before texting me. "Got home had to park in the 5 story garage and had a problem occur walking home. Wished I stayed with u." I called her immediately, and got the story above. She sounded terrible - like she was in shock. She didn't understand why they chased her like that - she didn't say a WORD to them. She didn't even look at them - she was simply passing by. There was little doubt in my mind that the guys chased her because one of the women read her as trans, and that they intended, at a minimum, to beat her up. Of equal concern was that they knew where she lived, and had access to a pass from her building - maybe one of them lived there as well.

She reported it to her condo management - I insisted on that, and told her to file a police report as well. (She hasn't done that, and probably won't - I think she's afraid of police involvement - getting outed to her job, or who knows what else because of it.) The condo management was unhelpful - one of the women who worked there told her "Well, you really brought this on yourself! You are a MAN, not a WOMAN! And we don't approve of boys who have sex with other boys here - we're Christians here and that's just ungodly." So I'm not guessing she's going to get much help from them.

So I came to her place this afternoon, with another girlfriend, and we first calmed her down (she still seemed to be in shock - she wasn't real animated when we first arrived). We told her that she needed to break her lease, and move out - because those guys surely meant her grievous harm, and they know where she lives. I told her she could stay with me for 2-3 months while she looked for a condo or apartment in my neighborhood. I told her she had to leave her condos - they weren't safe. This was the second time something like this had happened to her there. I told her that a third incident seemed likely, and next time she was unlikely to get off lucky as she had the last two times, and would likely be injured badly. I didn't give her a lot of choice about moving in with me. It just isn't safe for her there. Her family has mostly abandoned her, and essentially all of her former friends bailed on her when she came out as trans. She doesn't have anywhere else to go - she talked about living in her car for a while, for God's sake!

She finally agreed to move in with me temporarily. It's not ideal - but she should be really safe down here in the gayborhood - at least from hate crimes.

Later this week she moves in with me and my grown son. (I talked to him about it already, he's OK with it, under the circumstances.)

Wow. That was quite sobering. She's really lucky to have a friend like you, and lucky things didn't turn out worse.

Banned Read only
    The really awful part is that I probably won't even bother relating this story to any of my cisgender family or friends. Many of them never believe these stories, even the ones that have happened to me personally. Almost none of them understand the truth of the matter - that some people simply don't consider a transgender person to be a human being, and that we are fair game as targets for their hatred and intolerance. We violate God's law according to some (although neither my friend or I asked for this), and getting rid of us is seen as a public service of sorts.

Of course the politicians and news media who help fan the flames of hate for these folks take no responsibility any of it.

How awful. Just ... Gut wrenching.

Thank goodness she has a good friend in you. Getting her out of there sounds like the best thing right now.

Really sad story. Mind you, its actually sickening!
    Why can't we just get left alone to do our own thing. ..
    She has a great friend in you, and I hope everything comes right.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    We violate God's law according to some...
    I'm so sorry for your friend I think though, that it's more animalistic than 'Gods law'. We like to think we're so sophisticated and above the animal kingdom, yet a few months back I watched a documentary about walruses and the male walruses would literally fight to the death another male walrus if his whiskers were different. As I watched this appalling reality, I couldn't help comparing it to our own lack of acceptance for each other's differences. We're nothing more than animals under all our intellectual BS.

Doesn't excuse the behavior, obviously, but it explains why it's not changing any time soon. The thing you need to remind your friend is that if this is God's law, then God made your friend and the walrus with the wonky whiskers and given he's apparently never wrong, your friend is perfect as she is. These idiots need to practice what they preach! x
    Last edited by Tinkerbell-GG; 06-10-2014 at 03:24 AM.

Paula - that is an awful tale and I'm sure not as rare as some here would want us all to believe... Yet another insight into the vulnerability of anyone, including GGs (who's to say that a single GG would not also have been pursued just for a different reason?) and, I suppose, one of those lessons in hindsight - how much easier and safer would it have been for her to stay with you? I've travelled extensively around the world and make a point of not being on my own walking, middle of the night in any big city... but it's not what you expect in your home town is it?

I'm appalled at the condo management comment (are they owners or just management? I'd complain to the owners...) - but I understand the challenges there... and she should file a police report. It's the reporting of nascent crimes that will eventually help get the law's attention - no-one should feel hunted in their own neighbourhood.

I'm afraid Tinks got it right about 'animalistic' behaviour - I have a very poor opinion of humankind as a whole, and it sounds like these guys were down there amongst the bottom-dwellers... You're doing a very fine service in supporting her in this way when she needs a friend - she's lucky you're around...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I have one comment, not necessarily politically correct...self defense is paramount. We all have the right to live in our world, and those who would threaten that deserve to be thwarted, by any means necessary. Read into that what you will. I train in martial arts, crossdress, and possess skills that might prevent me being harmed by folks who find me 'offensive'. There are numerous other 'solutions' available to dissuade those who intend us physical harm--I encourage all of us to employ whatever means necessary for self-protection.
    Hugs,
    Trish

Horrible story , I really feel for your friend Paula

As someone who can't defend herself, I'd be scared to death
    Theres No Point In Living , If You Can't Feel Alive

I'm glad your friend is safe.

She did the right thing to run rather than to confront them. No telling what would have happened if she had done something differently. The big question I have is once they got inside, how did they know what unit to go to?

She *needs* to file that police report.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Shocking... Truely shocking. Please post that police report and if you aren't satisfied push higher... People like that (and I use the term people in its widest and most generic obviously) need to be brought to justice. Profiles are built on multiple reports and these are needed before any serious action can be taken. If this had happened on my patch, well... I wouldn't be here typing out a post...

Please have your friend exercise extreme caution if returning to that area.

I only wish I could help more...
    Call me Donna, please

You were right in telling your friend to look for another place, that one is definitely hostile. Evidently "good Christians" like the management there have no problem seeing someone (one of their tenants) being attacked and beaten up or worse. It would be interesting if those self same people were attacked by those very thugs they then would be singing a very different tune. You are a good person for giving your friend a temporary place to stay. When we are vulnerable like that bad things can happen. Unfortunately when we are pursuing transitioning things like this are bound to come up in our RLT. Knowing how to fend for ourselves is a distinct advantage.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    I cannot begin to tell you how much this upsets me. We're Christians here!?! We get lulled into a false sense of security. This is the reality of it. And the reality is there is always going to be this segment of the society that thinks it's not only their right, but duty as well to persecute us with violence, bigotry. I'll be praying for all involved.

Platinum Member
    Hi Paula, That story is so sad, It's so wonderful that your friend has such a special person to take her in.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    I'm glad your friend is safe.

She did the right thing to run rather than to confront them. No telling what would have happened if she had done something differently. The big question I have is once they got inside, how did they know what unit to go to?

She *needs* to file that police report.

- MM
    Yep, ditto the above. Since it is known where the morons were originally partying, a visit with a few officers to remind them of the legal consequences of bad behavior is in order.

Me personally, I would backdress in my most male attire and simply wait in the parking lot. Ball cap, baseball bat, evil smile. Sometimes morons just need a little attitude adjustment.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

That's truly awful , but I can defiantly sympathise with your friend what with being a victim of hate crime too I've had my fare share of it what with being gay and all, if i can offer any help then Ill be more than happy to help, I got badly beaten up a few years ago because a group of guys didn't like the fact I was gay and dressed as a girl, the worrying part of it all was that I was just happily walking home at night minding my own business when these guys started calling me all sorts, lucky to escape with my life that night it makes you weary about going out I feel so vulnerable after that, my bf wont let me walk home alone anymore not after that, he's always with me now that's the only time I've seen him truly scared, the thought of loosing me in that way, left me shook up and scared for a long time, ill shut up now as it's up setting me a bit never really goes away, but Ill just say this, I know exactly what your friends going through, you have to remember that guys don't chase you like that just for a chat so she is bloody lucky she didn't get hurt, there is some truly nasty *******s in this world and you can only hope what goes around comes around
    Last edited by CrossJess; 06-10-2014 at 06:55 AM.

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    That was a horrible story. I thank God (I'm a Christian) for protecting your friend.
    Charlotte

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm Christian as well and besides being incredibly angry at the actions of those hoodlums, the action of that manager is very far from Christian. Those people are condoning violence and hate.

Filing a police report is essential as I'm sure that gang will have a history of such actions. The truly Christian beliefs of tolerance and love for all people are not yet universal. Your story is truly frightening.

Really a terrible story, Paula. She is lucky to have you as a friend. It sounds like the guys knew her, knew where she lived and were just waiting for an opportunity to beat her up, or worse. I think you were absolutely right to insist she move out. I understand her reluctance to call the police. Texas doesn't have any transgender rights. According to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Texas) you can discriminate as much as you like against LGBT people there. That's pretty much true throughout the South though local jurisdictions more and more are taking matters into their own hands and passing local laws to protect LGBT people. Unfortunately too many men (and some women too) consider transgender people to be a threat to their own gender identity. This makes them believe that transgender people should be oppressed and even eliminated. They view trans folk as an existential threat! The statistics on violence to transgender people are horrible.

I know this sort of violence stopped pretty fast in Key West when gay men started returning the favor and beating the crap out of the gay bashers, but this is hardly a solution. In Florida your friend would have had the Castle Doctrine on her side and would have been exempt from prosecution if she'd shot through the door, but this is also hardly a solution. I am afraid that only when government, police, and the majority of American society recognizes transgender people as being at a special risk from violence and start prosecuting this kind of attack as a hate crime, only then are we likely to see a change for the better. You may remember that violence against blacks in the South was reduced by the Federal government deciding to prosecute offenders for human rights violations when local authorities refused to even arrest whites who had killed black men and women. We are still a long way from that but maybe we will get there.

Very scary. The plight of a TS is impossibly scary. I'm sometimes a bit put off by the hierarchy of the ts vs. cd. This is just and example of where this rightfully comes from. I don't have to go anywhere or do anything I feel uncomfortable about. I can turn it off or tone it down as I see fit. As far as me personally, I only dabble in real life things when I want to. Obviously, the TS has no such option. I respect that. I almost always carry back-up male clothes. If this had been me, I might have changed in my car.

I think it bears saying that people like those who attacked your friend are so different from us that we can't begin to understand or predict their behavior, and there's more of them than there are of us. I've never had to kick off my heels and run, but I've had that option in my head. She was damn lucky to get away, and she has to get out of there now. We occasionally read on this board about girls in similar circumstances confronting people like this, or claiming that they would. I don't think she would have survived this encounter, at least not unscathed.

Maybe this is out of place in this thread, but its all I was thinking while reading your story... She's still genetically male, she was an athlete (at least that's what I gathered from your description), understandably, more than likely not a winnable fight, but why not flip the guy switch, the athlete switch, that competitive nature switch and stand your ground? All fights = you win some, you lose some. 4-5 on 1 is a loss before it starts unless you're an MMA fighter, but maybe a little testosterone could have ended that whole scenario right then and there without leaving a lingering fear. Women are taught to be defensive and tough in situations like this, we men have in our blood, just because we wear skirts, doesn't mean its gone, but I can see how it may dull the reflex a bit. And I'm not trying to come down on your friend, this comment is more for the rest of us, there IS an alternative to living in fear, and its standing your ground, even in the face of overwhelming odds. Its not only a deterrent, its also a message.

Scorpion -if the odds are not on your side, it is also unbelievably stupid - and I don't care what martial arts skills you have.

You might send a message yes, but is it worth being hospitalized for?
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Quote Originally Posted by Sc0rp10N View Post
    maybe a little testosterone could have ended that whole scenario right then and there without leaving a lingering fear. Women are taught to be defensive and tough in situations like this,
    First of all, TS women are not men!

If she's on hormones she does not have the testosterone that a man has.

What is it exactly that you imagine this girl would have done to defend her self against 4-5 guys?

Even if she had survived the trauma of the assault would have been devastating physically, emotionally and mentally, there would be no victory.

Women be they GG or TS, get brutally raped and beaten to death by guys like this all the time.

Standing your ground is about the dumbest thing you could possibly do in a situation like this!

Even with a decade of Kung-Fu under my belt, I would be *very* concerned about taking on more than 2 opponents at once. Four or five? I'm running.

- MM

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That is such a sad story and I'm sorry that it happened.
    Truly sickening that the condo management assumed because she is trans the she has sex with guys.Not very Christian sounding to me.
    I know what I would do file a police report on all involved including the woman.
    To sit and cower to these lowlifes would not be an option for me.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-10-2014 at 08:47 AM.