Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jury Duty

Jury Duty

Just got my notice. I am on jury duty for the next month. Think I would be challenged by either the defense or prosecuting attorney if I showed up in my leather mini skirt, 44D forms, and with my usual stockings and garter belt under the skirt? I would try to sit lady like!!!!!!

I believe the notice says appropriate attire. So go with a leather pencil skirt instead.

Please take jury duty seriously. There might be some time in the future when you are on trial in front of a jury, and you are innocent, and you need an intelligent and informed jury to save your ass from jail. You don't want your jury to be a bunch of bored, disinterested idiots who don't really give a damn.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

I think when it was done here, the Judge thought it was contempt of court, and they spent a few night in the cells with the other male inmates
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

girly girl
    Ouch. You don't want that. Or maybe you do, I dunno. But I wouldn't.

I know where I live, it would not go over too well with the jury pool administrator or the judges at the courthouse. I would take a summons for jury duty very seriously. They pick the people that are called for jury duty by age and sex so they have a cross sectional mix to chose from. Dressing will probably get you very noticed if you are put in a jury pool and a trip before the judge depending on how conservative the judge is.I would not do it.
    Last edited by Robin777; 06-10-2014 at 07:58 PM. Reason: added more comment

I agree with Deedee. Do your civic duty, no funny business and get it over with.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Maybe nothing over the top in terms of attire, but you certainly have the right to dress as you desire (enfemme) and if that's not good enough for them, too bad. You should wear something respectful, just like other ladies would wear for this occasion.

I don't think I would mess with the judges, or gamble on them taking it one way or the other..... But now if you are trying to make a statement go for it.... I'll chip in ten dollars for your bail now if we can get the rest on here to do the same. By the way I love your avatar..... Hot hot hot..

Aspiring Member
    Well, you could go down there like that if you are trying to get out of the duty.

Quote Originally Posted by cdinmd206 View Post
    ...leather mini skirt, 44D forms, and with my usual stockings and garter belt under the skirt?...
    Yes, because we know these things does a good juror make.

If presenting as a female is part of your innate being rather than something you do, then take it seriously and attend jury duty as the woman you are. But the way you are coming across, the best advise is to leave these fetishistic trappings at home.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I have sat through voir dire in any number of courts and have seen jurors excoriated for their dress by the presiding judge. In one case the juror was held over night in the lock up associated with the court for having a don't snitch T-shirt on. While some counties in Maryland can be pretty liberal, don't count on it.

Well, the described outfit sounds like something a prostitute would do. That would even get a GG in trouble!
    I think in my case as someone who is close to full time, I could most likely get away with it. You know, if one walked in is a skirt suit, or even nice slacks, that would be one thing. I also have an androgynous DL photo, and if pressed, I can produce a ton of witnesses to testify that I am legitimately gender dysphoric, and not a "cross dressing fetishist" (that's how a conservative judge would see it) who is simply trying to get out of jury duty.
    In other words, it's the difference between between Klinger trying to get out of the Army and Vita Boehm (from "to Wong Foo)

OF course if one was looking to get out of jury duty, there are a lot smarter ways to do it. I think if i were trying to dodge JD, I would wear my metaphorical "raciest" hat. You know put on a real David Duke act.
    Last edited by 5150 Girl; 06-10-2014 at 09:39 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just go in guy mode or something close to that.
    Chances are you won't get picked anyway.
    But to come in dressed like a hooker plan on going to jail.

Platinum Member
    Hi CD in MD, Be careful what you wish for as that may not end well for you.
    Jury Duty is serious business and not to be taken lightly, It's your civic duty.
    It sounds like you are trying to get out of serving.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi.

And what is your name on your birth cert's , you need to remember who you are and don't try and impersonate some one else. in a court case.

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by Deedee Skyblue View Post
    Please take jury duty seriously. There might be some time in the future when you are on trial in front of a jury, and you are innocent, and you need an intelligent and informed jury to save your ass from jail. You don't want your jury to be a bunch of bored, disinterested idiots who don't really give a damn.

Deedee
    Isn't that who have of them are anyway?, I did this service a few years ago and half of them just wanted to go home, I think it's a stupid idea that they should ask the general public half of them couldn't give a toss, I can only imagine those poor people who innocently went to jail over bad jury decisions

I'm now reminded of the movie "12 angry men". An old black and white movie about a jury that was about to just call the kid guilty because he was "from the wrong side of the tracks" so they could go about their business....

I think she was just joking!

Of course she was.

However, Gov. O'Malley signed legislation making Maryland one of a handful of states to extend anti-discrimination laws to protect transgender people.

That means, one would have to dress throughout the trial. No switching back and forth between representing ones self as a man or a woman.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 06-12-2014 at 04:31 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.
    DonnaT

If in fact you are kidding a mini with cfm heels and a tight top would REALLY get some attention but on a more serious note go in drab but you can always underdress(stay-ups, panties and maybe a bra) but I wouldn't do the bra, the straps would be noticeable.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Banned Read only
    Just to feel good maybe you could under dress ! You may have some interesting explaining to do when your bra and garter belt set off the metal scanners !!

Show up en femme if you don't want to do duty.

Otherwise be a guy and don't get contempt of court against you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I wouldn't annoy a person who, at a whim, can make your life miserable. It's not worth it. Go with the flow.

Living in SoCal and being legal I've been called more often than most. I've spent a lot of time in jury rooms and empanelments, but I've never sat on a jury. In voir dire as soon as they find out that I'm an engineer I'm rejected. Lawyers have more confidence in their ability to sway an uninformed jury than they do in the facts of their case so they turn justice into a game.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by CrossJess View Post
    I can only imagine those poor people who innocently went to jail over bad jury decisions
    That's exactly WHY intelligent, informed and caring people should take jury duty seriously instead of blowing it off. You can't solve the problem of poor juries by saying 'it's a stupid idea'.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!