Thread: Update

Update

Hi Girls
    I have been posting in TS section lately as I have been facing many issues connected with being TS. However , I have many friends here and wanted to share what has happened the last few days. It has been a big step for my family.

My 16 year old daughter arrived Saturday to stay for 3 weeks. My wife and I decided that once she was here we would tell my 11 year old son about my gender. We wanted him to be able to process this with her. She knows and is very supportive of me being Suzanne. We told him on Sunday. I posted on TS forum about the experience. He was upset at first about the change to his dad. I was in drab mode and told him he didn't have to see me as Suzanne until he was ready. We did show him a picture.

So he seemed better every day. I kept checking in with him and he was ok. So yesterday I was going shopping with my daughter in Suzanne mode. My son knew and was hanging out in his room as I got ready. I came out and we were getting ready to leave. He came out of his room and I told him son we are leaving. He said he knew and he wanted to see me. He came over and looked very closely at me. He said, "You look good!" Then he sat down and turned on the tv.

I was floored. He just did so well . I was so proud. So we left and went shopping. After a few hours I received a call from my wife. My son wanted us to come home and watch a movie together. We returned home. I came in and we snuggled on the couch. My wife took a picture of Suzanne on the sofa with 2 of her children. I will always treasure that photo!

It has been a rough month. However. Moments like last night make it so worth it. When I tucked my son in later I had changed out of my clothes and taken my make up off . I told him how proud of him I was and how happy he had made me. I know there are tough days ahead but I want to hold on to what happened last night!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

I will cry in a minute reading this Suzanne.
    Just to say thank you for telling us.

Suzy

I read your post in the TS section. I follow a lot of those posts, I just don't reply. I am so glad you posted the update. I was wondering how he was doing now that a couple of days have passed. Kids are amazing.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Very nice!
    DonnaT

The interesting thing about this whole process is that Suzanne's wife sent me that same picture last night. It is a lovely family trying their best to deal with the cards dealt them.

thats a great story,glad things are working out for you.I'm hoping to tell one of my sons in the near future.I can only hope thing go well ,I think the will. Take care
    Roxie

Moments like this far outweigh the difficult times. My heart was filled with joy for you and also for your accepting children. The best of luck on your quest in the completion for your happiness.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Suzanne,
    It will take a while but the change will be gradual for both of you.

I wish you and your family success in the transition process.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Suzanne,

I am so happy for you that things are moving forward in a good direction and thank-you for sharing this with us. As you say there will be some tough times ahead but remembering these moments will help you through.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Hi Suzanne, It sounds like you have two awesome kids.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Suzanne,

I know what Suzy means about crying but you've just put a big, beaming smile on my face right now!

Just keep going the way you're going...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    That is a very good thing. Of course there may be some ups and downs, but he has gotten his head around the subject, you're still there, the love and support are still there....so only the packaging has changed.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Dear Suzanne,

So glad to hear that. Glad for all of you, even knowing there'll be just as tough, probably much tougher moments in the future.
    Thinking of you,
    All the best,
    Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.