Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing in Movies

Red face Crossdressing in Movies

Hi girls,

There are loads of movies about that feature men in situations where they have to crossdress, or are transsexuals / crossdressers by choice. I was wondering if you could share your favourites, and in turn, let others know of some that they may have missed!

To get things started, here are my top 10 films featuring crossdressers (but not necessarily with crossdressing as the main theme).

1. Kinky Boots
    2. Tootsie
    3. The Rocky Horror Show
    4. Billy Elliot
    5. Mrs Doubtfire
    6. Some Like It Hot
    7. The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
    8. Sorority Boys
    9. Boat Trip
    10. To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar

Here are some additional films:

TransAmerica, Breakfast On Pluto, The Bird Cage, the Producers, White Chicks, Nuns On The Run, Big Momma's House 1 & 2, Juwanna Mann, Mixed Nuts, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, The Crying Game, Junior, Tango and Cash, Silence of the Lambs,The Dress Code, The Hot Chick, Anger Management, Willow, Police Academy, Mr Nanny, and Ernest Goes To Jail. (Phew!)

Hugs,

Kate xxx
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

what was that horrible movie with the two brothers from in living color?

I believe that was White Chicks, and I agree... it was horrible!

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

I guess you can count "Girls Will be Girls", but that was really drag queens playing GGs. Crossdressing wasn't really an element of the movie.
    Hail Satin!

movies

the best movie i seen the crying game
    it was good serious movie from england loved it

My Feminine Self Lady Katherine's Avatar

Ditto on Crying Game

Crying Game was a moving, tragic picture. Just got home from seeing "Breakfast on Pluto," also done by Neil Jordan. The crossdressing star was totally believable, never going over the top in his female impersonation. You were comfortable with him as a female. Despite heavy violence in the movie, it failed to convey the seriousness of the Irish "troubles" but the young lady was a joy to see.

Katherine

GypsyKaren
    Hi Kate

First of all, let me welcome you to our family, I'm so glad you're here. Same goes to you Cyle Elise, welcome, and I love your name, it's so unique and I love things that are unique.

As far as movies go, you got it covered pretty well, though there are a few that you overlooked. I guess these weren't movies per se, but they were always hilarious, and they featured men in dresses quite often.

The Three Stooges. I don't think there's to much that can crack me up more than seeing Curly in a dress, especially when he pretended to be an opera singer once.

Bugs Bunny. Remember when Bugs dressed up and became Lady Bugs? Not only did he look good in a dress, but I can't think of anyone who wore lipstick better than Lady Bugs. Why the folks at Revlon or Covergirl haven't signed Lady Bugs to be their spokesperson yet is beyond me.

Not a movie but a television show, Monty Python's Flying Circus. I realize it was all satire and that they always looked awful on purpose, it's just that I'm a big fan and I saw an oppurtunity to throw in a shameless plug. Sorry.

GypsyKaren

movies i liked!

I love the movie "Some like it HOT" I think that started me thinking ,,Hey maybe there are people like me ? [smile] I was very young .
    Also an movie called ." Goodbye Charlie" with Debbie Reynolds
    She Played a men that was a playboy that was murder and came back as a women that had to learn to be a women !She also gets sirduse by her best friend ,That she :: Knew was a male ..:
    I was fascinate that maybe I would wake -up one morning and I would be a girl? Well I thought it could happen ? I think I made it happen? hugs,Wendi

Thanks for your contributions so far and for welcoming me - its great to be here!

kate xxxx

PS. I just remembered another film... Ace Ventura: Pet Detective! (one of the characters at the end)
    Last edited by KateW; 01-17-2006 at 12:06 AM.

Being a pickypants, Mrs. Doubtfire, Tootsie, and Some Like It Hot didn't feature crossdressers.

The characters were guys dressed that way as a disguise (but it was used as a comic device and not intended in any way to be regarded as crossdressing.)

Great films, though!

A couple more-- crossdressers or not-- The World According to Garp, Ma Vie en Rose, Stage Beauty, Just Like a Woman, I Was a Male War Bride, Beautiful Boxer, Victor/Victoria, the new version of The Longest Yard, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, and... I'm sure there are more.
    ....we are all made of stardust

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKaren
    Monty Python's Flying Circus.

GypsyKaren
    And also Kids in the Hall and The Hollow Men (a riot!)

Here are two more: All The Queens Men and Ed Wood.

rAiNbOw_BaLlErInA KirstyChibiMoon's Avatar

Wink Ma Vie en Rose

Quote Originally Posted by susandrea
    A couple more-- crossdressers or not-- The World According to Garp, Ma Vie en Rose, Stage Beauty, Just Like a Woman, I Was a Male War Bride, Beautiful Boxer, Victor/Victoria, the new version of The Longest Yard, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, and... I'm sure there are more.
    kewl Ma Vie en Rose is one of my faves
    heres a kewl linkee on it:

http://www.sonypictures.com/classics...illsclips.html
    C R Y S T A L T W I N K L E Y E L L !
    < < < < < deep curtsey > > > > >
    K i r s t e n C h i b i u s a M o o n
    Kirsty's Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by KateW
    Here are two more: All The Queens Men and Ed Wood.
    They add up, don't they!?

Some Like it Hot is one of my all-time favs.

I also liked To Wong Foo, even if it was a bit flawed, because the lead actors did such a great job and treated their characters with respect.

The British TV hit "Little Britain" features both actors as crossdressers and male actors playing women.
    Last edited by susandrea; 01-17-2006 at 12:25 AM.

Little Britain is fantastic! Another British TV comedy from the 90's called "Bottom" featured an episode (in series 3) where Adrian Edmonson dressed up as Rik Mayall's wife in order to stay at a hotel for free. There are also a lot of instances in "Black Adder" where men dressed as women.
    Last edited by KateW; 01-17-2006 at 12:35 AM.

There was a movie called "Connie & Carla" about two girls who were running from a hitman and ended up in L.A.
    They were from Chicargo, (i think) doing caberet at an airport departure lounge, and ended up by chance getting a gig at a local cd'ers bar in L.A, they had to hide that they were women and were actually drag kings, but playing drag queens.

Quite funny movie, IMO

Rachel.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

As mentioned earlier a lot of the movies cited actually refer to men in disguise rather than CDing per se.

The best strictly CD movie that I have seen and I managed to get a copy of it is 'Just Like a Woman'. Susandrea referred to it in her post.

I think it should be manadatory viewing for all CDers and wannabees. It portrays many of the trials and tribulations of a CD as well as many of the joys of eventual acceptance by loved ones and friends. It would have to rate five stars.

Smile

You forgot.....
    PrĂȘt-Ă*-Porter
    The Triple Echo
    Various Episodes of MASH
    Dressed to Kill
    Secret Policeman's Ball
    la Cage Folles
    Glen or Glenda

Mary

Yes, "Just Like A Woman" is probably the best film dealing with a "real" crossdresser and not someone dressing as a disguise. Highly recommended!

By the way, it was only released on VHS in the US and it has gotten quite epensivie on Amazon. I was able to get it on DVD from eBay.

Joyce

Susandrea already mentioned "I Was a Male War Bride" with Cary Grant. That is one of my favorites. Didn't Bob Hope and Bing Crosby crossdress in one of the "Road Shows"?

As for tv series, Benny Hill was often CDing and looked quite good in some of those outfits. Some of his co-stars also dressed up.

Bugs Bunny also did a good impression of a female tasmanian devil.

My favorite film would be Showtime's 'Soldier's Girl'. Lee Pace played real life TS Calpernia Adams. Very believable performance and I highly recommend the film.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKaren
    Bugs Bunny. Remember when Bugs dressed up and became Lady Bugs? Not only did he look good in a dress, but I can't think of anyone who wore lipstick better than Lady Bugs. Why the folks at Revlon or Covergirl haven't signed Lady Bugs to be their spokesperson yet is beyond me.

I agree! Bugsy is my favorite crossdresser of all time. I think my favorite one is when he was on the riverboat dressed like a southern belle.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the link Kirsty, looks like a really nice movie.

Banned Read only

Screen crossdressers

How about the Monty Python cast!!!! Lot's of inspiration there correct. Lumberjacks not withstanding

Is it a CoIncindence

It is kind of strange that two of the most well made, serious, with the most beleivable presentations as women are movies having to do with Ireland and the troubles there, Breakfast on Pluto, and The Crying Game. Would anyone have any idea why this is. Are there lots of crossdressers in Ireland?
    Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej