Thread: Buying dresses at Epcot

Buying dresses at Epcot

I went to DisneyWorld last summer, and for the first time I had the nerve to buy one of those beautiful Cheongsam dresses at the Japan pavillion at Epcot. They will always at least pretend to believe that it's for someone else. They say "Do you know her size?" I see no reason to tell her it's for me.

But I did go at noon, as soon as the world showcase opened, so there was no one else there. I thought the smirks of the other customers would be too much for me to bear.

That must have been something Alan..I am a bit of a Disneyphile..so you caught my attention just by say Disney!! Will you model it for us?

I love DisneyWorld, too. Wherever I am in life, I find myself wishing I was at DisneyWorld.

Here I am in my Cheongsam dress. A tight fit. Too tight. In fact, moving too quickly will cause the snaps to open up. So it's not very practical.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Here I am in my Cheongsam dress. A tight fit. Too tight. In fact, moving too quickly will cause the snaps to open up. So it's not very practical.
    Sounds like my dress... the shoulder strap, (left one,) broke! And I got no one to mend it.

xx

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Touristy places like that is one place where I never have any reservations about buying feminine articles, even stuff like cosmetics. I don't think anyone would bat an eye. Once on a trip my S/O needed Midol AND Tampons. I just marched into the drugstore and bought them.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

WOW! nice dress Alan, you look great.

What Me Worry
    When you wish upon a star makes no difference who you are especially if you look as good as Alan in that dress. I love Disney and have been to both DisneyWorld and Disneyland I love everything Disney.

girl next door
    Oh, I just can't wait til my trip to CDisneyland next month.

T
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Alen you look great in that dress.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

GypsyKaren
    Hi Alan

Such a pretty dress! You look great in it, I'm so jealous, I must have one! And you know, who cares what some total strangers think about something you're buying? I used to be so nervous when buying woman's clothes that I thought I'd stroke out, and I was shaking so much they probably thought I was there to rob the place. You know what I found out? Nobody cares! They're to wrapped up in their own thoughts and such, so try not to worry about it. Go out and shop all you want, it's fun!

GypsyKaren

Hi Alan,
    What a pretty dress I wish I had one. I love tight fitting dresses.

Terrific dress, why didn't I think to look for something for my fem side there?

I guess we are so much alike..just love everything Disney. In fact I usually spend as much time on a Disney board as I do here...post counts are about the same.

Congratulations on the dress. I bought one similar on a trip to DC about eight years ago. My dear wife bought it with me. It is scandalously tight. so I rarely ever wear it.

Hey, how about Belle in that gold sequin gown in the "Beauty and the Beast" stage show? Or how about Cinderellabration? All those gorgeous gowns! Yum!

Oh fur sure! But I was really enthralled when 101 dalmations was just coming out and I got to meet Cruella Deville! Loved her boots!

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Smile

Gorgeous dress Alan!

I just got a new one myself, no pics yet, but I plan to wear it out to a local garden when the Cherry Blossoms bloom!

As for the snaps, I suggest you resew the socket part lower. They seem to sew them for flatter figures. 'tis easy to move them down an inch or so, as there's often enough fabric to do so.

If your sewing saavy, you could probably adjust the frog clasps with minimal fuss, too.

Good luck!
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

Dear Alan,
    I have 4 yr old daughter who is the gleam in my eye.
    She loves anything princess. (Where did she get her prissinessness and afinity for hi heels (she calls them clip clops), makeup and girly things??????-who knows???).
    Of course, everynight we read a (Disney princess) character story book.
    I must admit, I am drawn into them too!! Some of them are innocently hot. (I will probably be staked alive from my fellow sisters, but...it is true). Their figures are so extra fem. Merial (mermaid) really does have an awsum figure!! I can imagine trying on the Cinderella slipper and it fitting perfectly!!! And the perfectly fitting ball dress!!
    Love
    Stephanie

We went to Disney World last summer, and my kids bought me a cool African Caftan. I warned them that if they bought it, I'd wear it. So they bought it. I wore it to The Magic Kingdom the next day ... it was a hoot. I still wear it around the house ... with painted toenails.

Great looking dress

Would love to be able to wear something like that. I guess that is why i got myself a treadmill. One day I will be able to wear it. You look so great in it.

Kirsten41