Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing in Movies

Quote Originally Posted by christine55
    It is kind of strange that two of the most well made, serious, with the most beleivable presentations as women are movies having to do with Ireland and the troubles there, Breakfast on Pluto, and The Crying Game. Would anyone have any idea why this is. Are there lots of crossdressers in Ireland?
    Hugs, Christine
    It's not Ireland it's Neil Jordan.

He also tackles other subjects, too. He's one of the best in my opinion.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001403/

....we are all made of stardust

The Crying Game and Breakfast on Pluto were both written and directed by Neil Jordan, who is Irish.
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

lol you got there just before me Susandrea!

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

Some other foreign movies:

Menage, aka Tenue de soirée ( Gerard Depardieu doesn't look good in a dress, but Michel Blanc does )
    Belle Epoque

A domestic movie:

100 Girls

A boy's best friend is his mother's wardrobe

Let's not forget Norman Bates in "Psycho"

Debbie

Cartoon Crossdressers

Sponge Bob Square pants featured some sort of a crossdressing shrimp near the end and Shrek 2 has an innkeeper with a definite preference for a frock.

The Best Movie Has To Be The Crying Game.
    Jaye Davidson Was fantastic!She Was So
    Believable And I For One Am Envious.

"Ma Vie En Rose" (My life In Pink) Is about a little boy who thinks that he is supposed to be a little girl. It came out in '97 and was nominated for Golden Globe "Best Foreign Film"

http://www.sonypictures.com/classics/mavieenrose/

What's it...

I vaguely recall a movie, perhaps made for television sometime in the 90s.
    The plot consisted of a young mtf who wanted badly to attend some sort of girls summer camp and convinced his sister to give him a hand. From what very little I can recall it was reasonably well done.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Terri is my sweetie! BrendaB GG's Avatar

Normal

There's also a movie called Normal, which I guess is not strictly crossdressing. The guy is transgendered and comes out to his wife and family after 25 years of marriage. Stars Jessica Lange. Worth a viewing for sure.
    Brenda

You may want to check this link :http://www.pagerealm.com/tiffmich/index.html

It's a very complete list of TG/CD related movies.

[SIZE="4"]My wife and I drove to Austin to see "Just Like A Woman" when it was first released. It is a good movie and it was great for my wife to watch it with me. My most vivid memory of that little trip was the ride home however. The movie was just the perfect catalyst for one of our first, in-depth talks about my crossdressing. I talked, and cried, and she listened with sincere interest. It was a watershed event in our relationship. A must see film for any crossdresser and wife or SO. Olivia[/SIZE]

GIRLS!!What about Back to the future 2??Michael J fox plays his own daughter,thought that was cool!

While not about men being dressed as women - the following film was also announced today:

New Line has snagged the comedy pitch None Of Her Business from writing team Cindy and Donald Hewitt. The plot focuses on a corporate executive who is fired, but turns a Tootsie and gets her job back by posing as a man. Hilarity, no doubt ensues. There’s no cast or director attached yet.

With a woman playing the role of a man in "TransAmerica", perhaps I should suggest myself to play a woman dressing as a man in "None of her Business"?

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar

Best Movies, don't forget TV the television

Let's not forget that Canadian comedy show "The Kids in the Hall" I loved the way Dave Foley looked dressed up emfemme on that show. On of Lorne Micheals better efforts compared to SNL.

more movies

Dave Foley also went drag in a n episode of newsradio for a Halloween party - convincing. Someone mentioned about an early 1990's moving about a teen in a girls summer camp. I remember a movie about teen trying to get into a private art school. He was trying to avoid a bully (Charlie Sheen) so he went as a girl with his sister's help. However, he had a crush on a girl there and would occasionally go boy to meet up with her. He even joined her onthe cheerleading squad and they went to summer cheer camp. Unfortunetly, the bully who had a crush on him/her was the girlfriends older brother. Very funny movie and i think the star was Cory Haim. The guy from Weekend at Bernies also went to college as a girl as part of a frat challenge. And don't forget Mel Gibson toying with bras, nylons and shaving in "What Women Want"

Ah yes, What Women Want... I'd love to have Mel Gibson's job in that!!!

Freeby and the Bean, the badguy was a great crossdresser.

Smile TG Movie Guide

There a very good guide to TG movies at:

http://members.fortunecity.com/jayekayetv/tmovies/0.htm

There was also a great film in the 70's with Glenda Jackson and Oliver Reed called Triple Echo were a guy deserts (Brian Deacon) from the Army in WW2 and hides as a women on GJ's farm.

Unfortunately it has been deleted for distribution by the film companies but occassional copies come up for sale on Ebay.

Have just read IMDb and it was also called Solider in Skirts and was based on a book by HE Bates
    Last edited by sarahjan; 01-25-2006 at 01:02 AM.

Rent!

Girls,

The movie "Rent" IMHO deserves to be in the top-10 list of movies that portray CV/TV/TS characters in sympathetic terms.

"Rent" isn't (exactly) *about* cd-ing, but a major character is Angel, a transgender with an amazing attitude. She is the motivating force of the story, and she makes no excuses or apologies.

Hugs,
    Susie

"Before Night Falls" is a great film and Johnny Depp is a CD in that.

And did someone mention "Kiss of the Spider Woman"??? Another great film.
    ....we are all made of stardust

Just when you thought we had run out of films with crossdressing in! I went to see Munich this evening, and in one scene, some guys put on dresses, tights and wigs to be in disguise. I certainly wasn't expecting that one!