Thread: Father's Day?

Father's Day?

On Mother's Day I posted the question as to whether or not your mother knew about your cross dressing, but didn't let you know she knew. Today, on Father's Day, I ask the same question of him. Does he know and if so is he keeping it from you? Also, to those CD fathers out there, are you so self absorbed in your cross dressing will you be spending part of your day dressed or at least thinking about it?

The old man doesn't know sadly. And for me, I think it's best it stays that way for the foreseeable future.

Yes he does and he chooses to not accept me. His loss, he is missing a great person
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

No dressing today my kids don't know and I am still the greatest father to them. The only ones that know are my wife and of course all my friends on here. My Dad I guess might know by now as he died several years ago. Hope he is not rolling over in his grave.

Banned Read only
    My daughter is coming over for dinner and a swim in the pool. And when I spoke to her earlier today, she asked me if I wanted to have her fix one of my bras. What a fathers day it is!!

Was dressed when I ran out to the store this morning with the wife. Out of house kids don't know so I had to change I to drab before they came over.

Going to dinner tonight with family, my brother and mom. I have 2 kids and as mentioned here before 18 yr old daughter knows but nobody else. I am full time father as my kids mom has many problems and hasn't been around lately. They have lived with me full time about 12 years since divorce. Last night was dress up time and today taking it easy and enjoying nice dinner.

My father died a year ago and never knew. I'm out to everyone in my family now, though. One of my daughters gave me two pairs of earrings and another gave me a necklace for Father's Day.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    haha, no it's full on dad-mode on father's day ( well actually most days, unfortunately). Though I am finding a few stolen moments here and there to cruise the forum, so I guess there's that :-)

My Dad knowing? ROFL. Uh, no. Not ever.
    My dad's just not the kind of guy I would ever encourage any CD or TG person to out themselves too, son or not.

Maybe mom, one day. She's the polar opposite of him (why they're not together anymore I guess).

I have strong suspicions that my grandfather on my mother's side was CD (circumstantially ... there have been some stories, where my imagination filled in the gaps and was like "oh, well you know all that would make a lot of since if he was the tree my apple fell off of"). In the 70's, he took off and abandoned his family, and didn't resurface until a few years ago ... old and senile and incoherent ... and unfortunately he died shortly thereafter. It's such a shame ... I would liked to have known him, and his story, but alas, those are now questions that can never be answered.

And that is one resolution I've made this father's day. I am very tightly closeted today, but someday that will change. I'm not ever going to make this a burden for anyone in my family, but no matter how it all winds up ... I will at least find a way for future generations to know ... if they find this same thing in themselves, maybe where it came from, and some of the lessons I've learned along the way.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilsa View Post
    ........Also, to those CD fathers out there, are you so self absorbed in your cross dressing will you be spending part of your day dressed or at least thinking about it?
    Up to my elbows all weekend with changing over my central heating plumbing. So an unequivocal no to the self absorbed, and all I can see are plumbing fittings when I close my eyes. Not a girlie thought at all.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Silver Member
    My father found out about me when I was in college, and needless to say he was not happy about it. We don't get along anyway and I don't talk to him unless I absolutely have to.

It probably dashed his hopes of ever having grandchildren because either I was gay (not the case), or no GG would ever want a sissy like me (he was right there sadly) and he was angry because it might cause him embarrassment.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 06-15-2014 at 06:24 PM.

My father doesn't know about my cross dressing, nor does anyone else in my life. I prefer to keep it quiet, as my family are pretty strong conservatives and I fear that they would think I'm gay, even though I am 100 percent attracted to females (even as a CD).

Platinum Member
    Hi Ilsa, That was on a need to know basis, The answer is NO.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My father died long before I realized that I was a CDer ,He would not have been happy. I haven't come out to my sons yet,however the day come I plan on telling the truth.That said: they came over and hung out for the afternoon and cooked for me which was nice. they have left now as they are mostly grown, You bet I got my girl on now. Been a nice fathers day
    Roxie

If my dad knew, and never let on that he knew, how would I know?

I don't think a CD father dressing on father's do is '...so self-absorbed in your crossdressing...' Shouldn't a father get a little time to himself to enjoy himself on Father's Day?

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

My father knew but did not approve.
    No he was not a dresser.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I don't believe my father knows. Certainly, he doesn't know about his "daughter," Amy.

I don't know if I ever want to tell him...he's had so much happen, what with one son being gay, another son dying, and his own health issues, it might be too much for him to bear.

I myself have no children, and never will. Neither Father's Day nor Mother's Day will ever be a holiday for me...

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

My Dad passed away about 8 year ago. He did not know, and he certainly would not be accepting.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    My father passed away about a year and a half ago. I personally never told him. I had thoughts of doing it near his end just so he wouldnt go and not know the real me, but I couldnt bring myself to do it. I think as he got older he became alot more understanding than he was when we were kids.
    My kids dont know either, so they spend time with me as dad yesterday. They probably think Im a bit different with shaved legs, pierced ears and a some what non male hairstyle. But they dont make an issue of it so why open a can of worms.
    Erica

My dad knew, because I was caught. He's passed on now.

I spent most of the day dressed, doing laundry.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    My father passed away about a year and a half ago. I personally never told him. I had thoughts of doing it near his end just so he wouldnt go and not know the real me, but I couldnt bring myself to do it. I think as he got older he became alot more understanding than he was when we were kids.
    My kids dont know either, so they spend time with me as dad yesterday. They probably think Im a bit different with shaved legs, pierced ears and a some what non male hairstyle. But they dont make an issue of it so why open a can of worms.
    Erica Marie, I think you were compassionate not to tell your dad in the last year of his life. My dad had advanced dementia in his final years and my mom had drug-resistant depression, so I asked myself Why do they have to know? They would only be confused (him) and guilt-stricken (her). I know they loved me but I didn't need their approval for Laura, who is just the better part of me anyway. I'm satisfied I did the right thing in not telling them because Laura emerged from her chrysalis late in their lives. Earlier, who knows? But still I think any revelation to them would have been for my sake, not theirs.