Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brought back to reality

Thumbs down Brought back to reality

For Fathers Day my grandson got me a pair of Cleveland Browns sandals to wear outside at the pool. I quickly realized I could put them on cause my toes are painted. Thankfully he didn't ask my to wear them. So this morning I'm removing the polish and won't be shaving for the rest of the summer. I never thought I'd be wishing for for fall to get here. Not shaving is going to tough.

Jackie
    Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change a your life.

Facebook Page

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Is there something in your situation that makes it quite difficult for you to simply keep your legs shaved and, if asked, just say, "I felt like it" or "I wanted to keep my legs cooler in the heat" ?

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I understand no nail polish ... definitely a stand out. Don't understand the need to stop shaving. So many reasons to shave if it is even neccesary to have a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    Is there something in your situation that makes it quite difficult for you to simply keep your legs shaved and, if asked, just say, "I felt like it" or "I wanted to keep my legs cooler in the heat" ?
    Oh yeah, guys do that all the time. Why, you can see it practically nowhere at all. Suddenly deciding to shave your legs because of the heat. Right. Of course. Doesn't everyone? Oh yeah; they don't. So, sure, you can shave your legs. Don't think it will go unnoticed, though, or that people won't find it a little odd, and wonder why, because neither of the above excuses will be considered a reasonable response by most of the western world.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I have kept my legs shaved for several years now, never an issue. Although I have had a few women make comments like "I wish my legs looked that good", not saying it goes un-noticed just no one says anything and I wear shorts most of the time.

I have nail polish on my toes, but I don't wear anything that will show it around anyone other than my GF. As for shaving my legs and others, it's a coin toss. Heads, I am with people who it won't matter to and who will not comment on it. Tails, I am with family or friends who will have a massive issue with it.

Typically, I shave and then grow back, shave and then grow back. When shaved and with those people that have issues with it, I wear long pants or sweats or something to cover the Shaved legs. Then when around them again but with hair back, I wear shorts or something.

It's a pain in the arse to have to work around the issues, but if I want to keep a good relationship with family and some close (but not open minded) friends, I have to work with it.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Honestly dont worry about having shaved legs. I have for a few years now and no one has given me a second look, or at least commented about it. I even started a new job and I figured someone would comment, nope nothing. One thing you may want to do though is if rest of your body is hairy, keep it all shaved. For example if you have very hairy arms, people may expect you to have hairy legs too. Just keep everything groomed so it looks uniform and I dont think it will be a big issue
    Erica

If you want to shave your legs then do it, it's you body your life, the only folks to notice shaved legs are the ladies if you have a gf or wife she will instantly notice this lol men don't care and wouldn't pick up on it unless they are legs shavers them selves, CDs etc, even as a gay guy I don't really notice it, if she does say something then just be honest and say "oh yes I shave because I like dressing in woman's clothing" then watch her face lol ok ok perhaps not! hehe just say you prefer short hair in the summer.

Shaving is easy, and just clean the toenails, no pain there either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Been shaved for years - no one cares or comments any more (only a couple of comments "didn't you used to have more hair?" the first year).

This is the first summer were i kept my legs shaved, I was nerveous and thought everyone would notice. Thanks to my wife who said just do it it looks so much better, i did, been wearing shorts now for over two months and not one single comment even my oldest daughter (who doesnt know about my dressing) pointed out something on leg and said "dad what did you do to your leg you have a bruise) never mentoined the lack of hair. I figure if some one asks i would just say afgter wearing pants all winter the hair gets very fine and this year it isnt growing back. lol.

Keep them shaved the only one who will notice is you.

Banned Read only
    In my thread about dressing and body hair I mentioned that my wife's male side of the family have little or no body hair and yet I'm trying to cover up because I've shaved my legs ! Surely they should be covering up because they have no manly hair, but they don't !

Laura I'm beginning to think you're right !
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-16-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Oh yeah, guys do that all the time. Why, you can see it practically nowhere at all.
    have you looked at guys legs? Look sometime, half will be smooth or almost hairless. Spreading paranoia is not helpful. All the crap that some here believe is in their minds. Shaving body parts is usually only noted by intimate partners and friends. Let's spin this a bit...the men who shave their legs have more machismo than the one who don't because they are their own man.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 06-16-2014 at 10:39 AM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Lorileah,
    The problem is I don't know if my wife has noticed or not ! The explanations have a knock on effect. I shave because the stocking look better ! Oh so you wear stockings ? Where do you get them ? That also means you're wearing suspender belts ! and panties ? and what else ? Etc. etc..

If you're walking around in a tank top and you're sprouting shoulder, back and neck hair like a yeti then yes, shaved legs will make people scratch their heads. Most of us are not like that though, we like to keep groomed. Shave them, and if people ask tell them it's none of their business. If family asks, well... tell them what you like, from "I lost a bar bet" to "Just wanted to see what it was like since I hear women griping about shaving their legs all the time" (which I have used).

~Mel
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Banned Read only
    REALITY? Until you accept reality, you will never get your CDing Diploma. You DO want it right? It almost looks like you are saying that JUST a simple Fathers Day gift is going to stop you from shaving the rest of the summer?

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ITY&highlight=

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...DDY&highlight=

I have the last year been shaved all the time. I also trim my arm hair with 1 guard and nobody has said anything. I was with famly yesterday and wear shorts as it is just too hot in south texas.No comments yet. My nails are also almost always pianted also as I do not wear mens sandals or flip flops and keep ankle socks on always.

I have shaved for years. Chest and underarms as well. When people ask about legs (and they have) I just say, "Oh they look better in stockings this way."
    Always gets a nervous laugh from whomever asked.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    So, sure, you can shave your legs. Don't think it will go unnoticed, though, or that people won't find it a little odd, and wonder why, because neither of the above excuses will be considered a reasonable response by most of the western world.
    Over a period of about 7 years, only one person other than my SO noticed and commented about me shaving my legs. Also my gender therapist thought last year that I was shaving my legs but I wasn't. So in years of my having little leg hair, no-one other than my SO appeared to give a hoot.

I can't prove that the reason I was not nominated for the Nobel Prize in Chemistry was that the Committee had a horror of people with shaved legs, but Occam's Razor would suggest that the reason had more to do with the fact that I have not made any discoveries in Chemistry

I just started to shave my legs because of a latex sensitivity, which is why I also started wearing nylons under my socks (ever try to find latex free socks that stay up?). So if anyone asks I simply tell them I keep shaved to manage a latex sensitivity. In my case it's the truth but should work like a charm for anyone else.

My Grandson notices everything, except the fact that I shave my legs, or he would have asked by now why theey had no hair on them.

If he does ask, I'll tell him I've always kept them hair free. If he asks why, I'll tell him most competitive swimmers shave, and I like them that way now.
    DonnaT

I don't think most people notice shaved legs. Even if they did it's unlikely they would really give it much thought. No one has ever said anything to me, although it's not like I wear shorts every day in guy mode I guess. Plus, atheletes shave their bodies all the time, and many men have very light to no hair on their legs. (or else there are a lot of them shaving, which I don't think is the case). On many guys leg hair thins a lot with age too.

Guess I'm just saying go for it, but I can understand why you would be uncomfortable about it.

Oh yeah, guys do that all the time. Why, you can see it practically nowhere at all. Suddenly deciding to shave your legs because of the heat. Right. Of course. Doesn't everyone? Oh yeah; they don't. So, sure, you can shave your legs. Don't think it will go unnoticed, though, or that people won't find it a little odd, and wonder why, because neither of the above excuses will be considered a reasonable response by most of the western world.

I'll chime in with the many others. I shave my legs, and I have for about three months. Here in Arizona I'm almost always in shorts. I've been around dozens of friends, family and acquaintances, and I've heard exactly one comment. This from my almost 16 year-old son, "Dad, did you shave your legs?" Me:"Yup. Feels way cooler when I run." Him, "Cool."

That was it.

Much ado about nothing, as Billy Shakes once said.

I've never been that furry anyway but initially shaved my legs because it was kind of a thrill. Now in my senior years I have about six hairs on my right knee and shave them off periodically even though nobody could see them without a microscope.

Shave 'em!
    I have a buddy that shaves his legs and wears shorts all the time in the summer. I always have wanted to ask why, but never remember when we are alone.