Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you had a functioning time machine?

If you had a functioning time machine?

So here's the deal...
    Imagine that someone invents a time machine that allows you to journey accurately to any point in tie & space that already exists - you can go back and forth as much as you like so long as you don't go forward beyond the point at which you started (plus whatever time may elapse while you're travelling) - so no sneaking off into the future!
    What, in your own life, would you change?
    What would you whisper into the ear of your younger self?

In my case :-
    At age 12, "ask her, 'another time maybe?'"
    At age 15, "don't be shy, never mind what others think, just kiss her"
    At age 18, "tell her (about the cross dressing)"

Thoughts?

I would like to think I may have continued hormone treatment at twenty instead of stopping.

Thinking positively, there is little I would want to change, as I have been happy with my outcome.

Maybe some unwise decisions unrelated to dressing need tweaking.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Not necessary as if anything were changed, I would not be who I am today.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'd say:
    1. don't ride the motorcycle March 5 1971..
    2. dont marry Joy 1978
    3. loose the mustache never let a woman like it.
    4. take care of the skin
    5. watch out for ticks
    6. be a school teacher.
    7. know you can look good as a woman
    6. don't drive so fast
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Probably around the age of 18...

"Buy Microsoft stock..."

The rest would be fine as is with that little nest-egg...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Well, I really like the peignoir sets from the mid sixties so I'd go back there and simply say to myself, "Get a few; they won't be around forever!"

Lacy PJs

Hindsight is always 20/20 or whatever the phrase is.

There are many minor things I might change in my life. Probably not much though, as it has been said I am who I am today because of these things.

With regards to dressing though I probably tell myself at 18, this is not going to go away and would have embraced it more fully sooner. Also I would not have purged the one and only time I did 4 or 5 years ago, mainly because it was stupid and I lost way to many good cloths in that. But oh well. Can't change the past...yet.

Banned Read only
    At the age of ten, tell her not to feel guilty about Cding, it's not going to hurt anyone, don't let it screw up working hard at school because this is your first big break !
    At eighteen stop going to the pub at lunch time and giving the girls the runaround, its not going to get you through college!
    At twenty eight looking at the derelict shop you intend to turn into a photographic studio, are you sure this is a good idea ?

Sorry this is not Cd orientated nothing I could change about that, it's just how if affected some important points in my life and how it made it more difficult !!

Head immediately back to age seventeen, and give myself a clue as to just how wonderful life would be with that lovely girl, and that her acceptance and shaping of who I would have been would bring so much happiness, and that all the rest was just filler. And to go with the original plan for College.

Id change nothing about my life ive enjoyed it so far, i have a lovely bf who i love so much and supports me through everything and loves me just the way i am, i have a nice job, a family that im very close with, ok havent got loads of money but im still happy, what more could you want....

The only thing i would use a time machine for would be to go back to the 1950s and tell my dad that hes a fool for starting smoking and it will kill him when hes in his 60s, i so wish i had a time machine i really do
    Last edited by CrossJess; 06-16-2014 at 04:28 PM.

a couple times in college: go for it...

There's a lot of things I wish I would have done differently, but I doubt that having someone whisper in my ear 'go to wrestling practice' once during my freshman year of college would make a difference. Maybe "get serious about playing volleyball" a lot sooner in my life. I guess the single biggest thing I would change is my career choice - if I could start over, I'd be a high school math or science teacher, and coach volleyball and/or wrestling.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Christmas Eve, 1970, to clear the ice off the front steps.
    DonnaT

If i could, go back to the time i was born, I would have been a stillborn, and not had the hellish family, mental and emotional illness, and poverty life, alone, and misunderstood, with no mate, not friends, and only my toxic family. Yes, i would have died at birth.

One more thing. Maybe instead of being a dead baby, i would have been adapted out, to a healthy couple.
    Last edited by Katey888; 06-16-2014 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit to add to existing post rather than post again..

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    What an interesting concept.

I would have to tell myself at age 8 to be closer to God (Christian here).
    I would have to tell my older self to try to avoid joining the military at all costs.
    Just a little farther in the future (from that last point; still in the past :P), I would have to tell myself not to marry Aimee.

You know what? Maybe I could go tell myself as a kid to start trying to crossdress and possibly transition earlier. I only started dressing earlier this year. I won't be able to start my transition until either 2016 or 2022 (depending on when I get out of the Navy).
    Charlotte

This is an interesting problem, but you really would only get one thing to change. As soon as you changed it your future life would be altered so that all those other occurrences subsequent to the one changed will be different.

The other thing is, despite the bad things that have happened to me, I met and married Mimi. If I had "fixed" a bad event earlier the course of my life would have been altered and I would not have met her. That risk is enough that I wouldn't fiddle with the past even if I had the ability.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

At the age of 10, tell the doctor it's not a phase I'll grow out of eventually!!

Banned Read only
    I would head directly for age 16. If I knew then what I know now and had this body back then, the boys wouldn't stand a chance.

Platinum Member
    Hi Judy, I would like to take a book with sports scores and a list of winning lottery numbers back to me in the 60s'
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Judith . . . I am going to have to get all "Nerdy Girl" here and invoke the "temporal prime directive". Changing history a bad thing . . . Danger Will Robinson, Danger! One small slip in the past, step on one bug, say the wrong thing and then WAMO . . . apes are running the planet. "It's a mad house a mad house!!!"

In all seriousness . . . I don't thing I would change one thing. The chain of events put into place in my past brought me to my lovely wife. Now if I could go back to two days ago with the winning lotto numbers . . . that might be worth the risk of a planet run by apes.

Hugs

Isha

That's why we should go to the FUTURE!

Aspiring Member
    1963, when I could have bought that nice three bedroom house, surrounded by palmtrees, in Fort Lauderdale for $16,500. No shoveling snow.

And at that time I was one young, good looking dude, only needing a dress and a wig to morph into a pretty girl.

Beam me back to reality, Scotty

Ineke

Now remember, you did ask. And this is not for the faint hearted. Because remember, this was back in the sixties, when there was no DYFS, no one for a kid to go to for help, kids complaining about their older siblings were ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith96a View Post
    What would you whisper into the ear of your younger self?
    In my case, something really simple. I know older siblings routinely push the younger ones around a bit, but my case was way beyond the occasional incident, it was happening several times a day. At 5 I was being routinely being beaten up by my older sister, she would hit me every chance she got, and I was terrified of her. Nothing would stop her, she had my parents wrapped around her finger, there seemed no option, which is what caused so much of my problems when I was a kid, including eventually being shipped out of my house to the care of the guy who eventually molested me. I know it's awful. I know everyone here will think that I'm a terrible person. But I'd tell my 5 year old self to stab my sister in the leg while she was asleep, and then scream that it was for her hitting me all the time, and if she kept hitting me, I'd do it again, and next time I'd kill her. I know my parents would have gone beserk; my dad would have strapped me until I bled for attacking his perfect little daughter; I know I'd probably get shipped off to a psychiatrist. But it would have to be something that dramatic to get her to stop beating me. And to those who will ask, no, my parents wouldn't listen to me, my sister had them convinced I was making it all up. There was no alternative. Remember, you're talking about a 5 year old who ran out of options.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

For me it would probably be along the lines of "don't drop out of school, partying is fine once in a while, but with all the drugs you're doing you're just going to ruin yourself, oh and that girl that keeps cheating on you? let go. she's not worth it, and she'll make things so much worse for you in the long run."

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineke Vashon View Post
    1963, when I could have bought that nice three bedroom house, surrounded by palmtrees, in Fort Lauderdale for $16,500. No shoveling snow.

Ineke
    You do realize that house would be over 50 years old today and falling apart like we are.

Ok I'll play. I would get the BS instead of the BA degree.