Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you had a functioning time machine?

Do your homework.
    stay in college.
    keep the band going.
    be very careful with credit cards.
    have a few less hobbies so you can finish something once in a while.
    paint the unicorn.
    let go, arguing is a waste of time, energy and opportunity.

Get my Diabetes diagnosed earlier.. otherwise i wouldn't change a thing because i wouldn't want to lose my beautiful children and i may never have found this site or let myself be who i have always wanted to be...

Hmm.
    Can think of 3... Age 18 after 'leaving the nest' (well really just before): teach myself sex ed my parents and school wouldn't so I wouldn't deal with so much humiliation and issues for decades after.
    And.. 21-22 talk ahead of time about CDing and gender.. To maybe get a better chance to figure myself and change..
    And to tell myself not to stick in same job for 30 years wasting my life.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Lots of little alterations, but the major one being my worst fear was anybody ever finding out which meant for 20 odd of my first 30 years I pushed almost everyone away who may have possibly mattered to me..... Admitting this side of me to the few close friends who somehow managed not to let me push them away has ended up being the best thing I've ever done and although none have seen me dressed yet (and some probably never will) the acceptance and freedom I feel from them knowing the true me means I feel like a new person.

There are a few,

Don't enter the military, go directly to engineering school;
    Don't marry until you are at least 35 and comfortable in your own skin; and
    Buy that three family house in South Boston in 1990 for $8000 as it would be worth about 1 million today.

I related this story before but I had a vivid dream once where I did go back in time to my fifteen year old self. It was so vivid it's like an actual memory to me now and I almost felt I did go back.

But I said nothing to my young self. I condemned the poor little creature to go through all the trauma and nonsense that marked my life.

On waking I wondered why but then I heard the sound of my two little boys waking up in their bedroom and I knew why. It was subconscious saying, let go the regrets and get on with your life.

On the other hand I really should have written last weeks Euro lottery numbers into a book I had back then and which I still have. Dam silly mistake that.

On the other hand if my life was like it was twelve years ago before the children. I would have told her how it is. Forget all the silly career aspirations. You are completely unsuited to a career in any form of technical job. Go to college, study art or fashion design or anything like that. Embrace your femininity and transition in your mid twenties. Don't live your life in denial like I did.

Oh and do these lottery numbers on this date.

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Probably around the age of 18...

"Buy Microsoft stock..."

The rest would be fine as is with that little nest-egg...

Katey x
    Yes Katey, or BT shares or...!

To everyone else,
    OK, I didn't explicitly say "and no whispering lottery numbers etc." but this isn't the Lounge so I was trying to keep it CD / TS related.

As for the temporal prime directive ... Yeah, you got me!

DonnaT

There are probably a lot of them although I do love Katey's response about Microsoft stock but with me it would have been Apple! Truth be told I would go back to December 1991. I was "involved" with a gentleman I cared about deeply as he did for me. He wanted me to come live with him and be his "wife." I was still finding my way so to speak and wasn't ready to take that big a step then. I have many times wondered where would I be today had I taken him up on his offer.

I met both my 1st wife and my current wife at almost the same time, within a month I believe. Current wife was married, but unhappily so. Soooo, I would say that in 1990, I would go back and be a pig and steal my current wife away from her husband. it wouldn't have been hard. Stay as far away from my 1st wife as possible, oh, and tell my current wife, which would also now be my 1st wife after the time travel about my desire for women's clothing early on.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

When I was about 12, I had this fantasy. I would go back in time to conception, and switch out that nasty Y chromosome.

But realistically, when I was 14 and cut my knee up skidding my bicycle in gravel, I should have made the doc who stitched me up pick out every single piece of gravel he left in my knee.

And after I left for college at 18, I wish I was comfortable enough to dress fully while I still had hair.

And lastly, to bring the Internet from 2000 back to 1967.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I would try to teach my teenage self how to understand and effectively deal with emotions and depression. Not sure I could have told it in a way I would have accepted and understood, but it would be worth a try.

-Melissa

I'd tell my young self, age 11 or so not to try on that dress. Not making that first step on the path of being a crossdresser would have saved a ton of headache and complications in my life.

If for some reason I couldn't go back that far, I would have gone back to my 21 year old self and tell myself to live it up and try to live out every single crossdressing fantasy I can think of. Being married now, there's a lot of things I wish I tried. Now if I try those things, it means cheating on my wife. What I wouldn't give to do those things with a clear conscience!!!