Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Destination Brighton

Dancing With Unicorns Sarah Ellis's Avatar

Destination Brighton

Not sure if I've even mentioned it here, so here goes.

After my assesments and consultations at both ends of the UK over the course of last year in which I was given the go ahead for surgery, I was finally given a date a few weeks ago now.

Tuesday 16th September 2014 is the day I go under the knife in the hands of Dr Thomas, at Nuffield, Brighton, UK.
    "There's a place for us.
    A time and a place for us.
    Hold my hand and I'll take you there.
    Somehow, someday, somewhere."

Banned Read only
    Congratulations Sarah, September 16th is as good a day as any to make an outie an innie. Please keep us informed as the day approaches so we don't forget.

Congratulations, Estella!

Lallie
    Time for a change.

That is truly wonderful news. I'm sure the time will fly by.

Great news the time will fly by and September will be here before you know.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Untitled
    What a long way to go, at least by UK standards I live nearer to Leeds and was operated on by Mr Fenton at Wakefield, I'm surprised that you were not offered that one as it is much closer.

Anyway, as everyone else says, time flies, start your chuff chart now
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Seems, the options given were London and Brighton. as far as I know, there is nothing in the North just now. There's only Dr Thomas at Brighton and James Bellringer, now at Parkside. I'm glad I actually chose Brighton, not just because of the Charing Cross situation. I prefer the facilities and indeed the whole area and people.
    "There's a place for us.

Wonderful news! Congratulations on knowing Sarah's birthday

Congratulations, September will be here before you know it.
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

One of those weeks for me. 7 weeks to go. and a bit of an issue with my id documents. My gp and my bank manager say they can't sign and verify my identity. My gp practice, apparently, say they can't act as a verifier until I've actually had the surgery, which is daft and untrue. I do have an appointment next week though with my own gp (who knows me better) to discuss this. Failing that though, I've left it in the hands of Mary Soulsby (at the GIC), whom I've made aware of this predicament.

On another note, I decided to drop in on my folks yesterday after having my injection. My mum was out mowing the grass as I approached the gate. She said to me later in the day that she didn't recognise who it was that was waving hello to her.

She's not seen me in a summer dress before, so along with the fact that she liked it, it felt more than a compliment to me. Seems I am getting through a bit more now. Felt good inside.

Kinda had the chance too to talk a bit more about how I have been feeling all those years and that I really do not blame them in any way at all.
    My mum is concerned, obviously, over what I'm about to go through, but I stressed that it is what I want and that I'm aware of any possible dangers etc.

There's still no movement on my name, but maybe a bit of a breakthrough here to come. My mum has used the words girl and female in reference to myself for potentially the first time to me. That is a very big move and definitely a change of direction.
    Last edited by Sarah Ellis; 07-26-2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: typo

With just 43 days to go now until srs, I'm almost prepared. Just a few small things needed now, but most of everything is now done. I have my ID requirements to allow me to pass through airport security on my return journey. Now figuring out what other things to take in my permitted 10kg luggage. The laptop will have to stay though, as it's quite a weight in itself. So looking like the mobile will have to suffice. Not that I'm likely to mind much anyway.

Finally, the time is now days away. The ecstasy is building forever greater.
    "There's a place for us.

With only 35 days to go now, the mind and body is all over the place.

They recommended I was off the 'mones last week, but I reduced and kept some going, but should really refrain as from today. But that's just me.

No panic or doubts or anything of the sorts as regards surgical procedures or the care needed, but I guess those butterflies are in full flight within me.

While just about everything is in place too, I'm not prepared or packed as yet, as I'm still undecided as to what little things to take and also that I still need a few small things. Those items will have to wait til next week when I have the cash I guess. That will be my final chance to get things together before I travel. That is of course providing those train and flight tickets get through to me as well as the funding for the taxi transfers. ..... Shouldn't be a problem though.

So yea, I guess I am starting to panic then.
    "There's a place for us.

They don't tell you to come of the hormones for no reason you need to do as they say.

I'm sure the time will fly by and before you know it you'll be on your way home.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

Banned Read only
    Do you have someone lined up to help you post operation? You will need some help for a little while and would suggest you look into help if you haven't yet.

Jorja is right, when Nigella got home I had to help her with everything and I mean everything for the first 2 weeks.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    Lovely team at Brighton i'm there for mine on Tuesday 9th September, i know you know Sarah but other might not. I hope all go well go well for you operation and should see you there.
    Come join me on facebook

Thanks Zoe. The same goes for you too. We'll no doubt meet as I arrive. Just look for me as I'm unsure of my room number yet. But should be there after 2pm on the 15th.

It's recommendations Sandra, as to the hormones, as each of us differs from the standard 'normals'. But I will be off them in the next day or two.

Shouldn't be any worries as to aftercare too. I have my partner who has said he'll be there just about all the time (unless he has to work). Also friends who can help out with any essentials and such. There's medical support wthin a mile or two also who can be here within 10-15 minutes.
    "There's a place for us.

26 days to go for me now. Still no confirmation on my travel details though. I do have an appointment at the clinic on Friday with one of the co-ordinators, should have things cleared up.

Bit of a panic though now.
    "There's a place for us.

Muchos excitos for me now....

21 days to go now before I make the journey. Just about all sorted. All I need now is some cash and to arrange my airport assistance.
    "There's a place for us.

sarah, congrats on your upcoming re-birth day! I am excited for you, and wish you the best. please keep us in the loop, so we can cheer you on!

Thanks everyone.

With only 18 days now (after today) I'm almost, but not quite done. Just need to print off my boarding pass for the flight. I called the airline earlier today to arrange my assistance with them. So all that should be a formality.

There's still one or two things I need next week. So apart from the inevitable problems arising round money, it's all go.
    "There's a place for us.

lots of plain cotton panties, pads, and dark clothes

Had my pre-op swabs and bloods etc done this morning. Got to my docs a bit late, through no fault of my own. But didn't have too long to wait.
    Although, the nurse couldn't find my correct details on the computer and had to go through every letter on the system. Gotta call them again next week to make sure my prescriptions wil be in place, following my surgery.

Anyway, I went over to see my folks, following this, as I was duly starving by then. Lunch and coffee done, my mum gives me a shout (wish they'd refer to my name and pronouns by now though), she hands me a pink top that she didn't want. Then, about an hour later, I gets another shout (wrong name again......... grrrrrrr) to be handed a pair of black, leather effect, skinny trousers. Really wish, that with only 10 days now til I head to Brighton, that a move would be made on my name and such. But really happy of more acceptance.

Stayed around for tea tonight. Then left around 7pm to get a bit wet on the way home. So had to borrow a brolly and a top to wear, having turned up this morning in just a thin top and skirt.

Home around 8pm. Now winding down and off to my bed. A place I've been neglecting lately.
    "There's a place for us.

Just had my call from Debbie at Nuffield, Brighton. They've completed my pre assessments and are all set to await my arrival.......

Now to try and sort out this benefit debacle.

FORTY FIVE MINUTES on the phone to the benefits department. JSA claim now closed and my ESA claim setup....

As per typical though, it won't be processed til I have my sick certificate to send back to them. So I see some issues..... I'll receive that on 23rd. I'll have to get that in the post immediately the same day (I'm sure it can be done).

Sod anymore calls today though. I aint talking to anyone else yet......
    "There's a place for us.

Well. The time is here. I checked into my room at lunchtime, following a journey which started at 7am. Just had tea, now relaxing. I'm due in the operating room at 10.30 tomorrow.
    "There's a place for us.