Thread: More glasses than jeans photos

More glasses than jeans photos

I find this odd. For a few years now I have administered to photo groups in flickr. They both have just a little over 1,500 members. In the group t-girls in jeans there are over 4,500 photos. In the group t-girls in glasses there are over 5,500 submissions. I would have predicted the exact opposite participation. It just seemed odd to me and wondering if anyone has a theory?

I think it just down to choices, I'd choose a skirt over jeans, but glasses over walking headlong in to door frames.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Banned Read only
    Most think that the glasses hide something. That way nobody will recognize Joe when they see the picture.

Silver Member
    Girls in glasses might be a bigger, well... fetish, than girls in jeans. Just a theory.

I think glasses hide identity much better than jeans.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think a lot of CDs like to were dresses or skirts rather than jeans just because it's more feminine. I think glasses are sexy and I prefer to wear them rather than my contacts. I get a lot of compliments on them too. And I'm not trying to hide anything I wear similar glasses when I'm in guy mode.

But of course a good pair of jeans can be really flattering!

I think they wear glasses to cover their identity as a guy. I do.

more TG's are presbyopic? Sort of a weird thing to compare
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I started that trend......your welcome......kidding......no I diddnt....

Could it be because the majority of "t-girls" see themselves as heterosexually attracted to women and Ogden Nash famously said, "Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses"?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Most think that the glasses hide something. That way nobody will recognize Joe when they see the picture.
    Haha, that makes me think of Superman. (Clark Kent? Where did Superman go?!?) But I do think the right glasses can be almost cosmetic.
    Last edited by Andy66; 06-17-2014 at 04:27 AM.

Yeah Persephone, but have the majority of the T- Girls taken a look at Adriana ?
    Anyone can pass a vision test. She's a "smokin' hot" smart girl that gets it! Ogden Nash? Possibly needed glasses!
    See us all as beautiful individuals.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

For me, glasses are not an option. My eyes will not accept contacts, so just to see, I wear bottle caps. They have been a part of my life since I was a young'n, and will be a part of my final viewing.
    As for outer garments, I wear whatever is clean and pressed at the time. I am quite happy with who I am (I am a transgender female) and live my life with a smile. Life is really good.

Bobbi

Platinum Member
    Hi Tiff, Large frame tinted designer glasses can be a wonderful fashion accessory.
    They can draw attention away from some flaws in our appearance.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I hate jeans, but need my glasses to see.
    DonnaT

I am very attracted to some women with the glasses! It does something for them. I wear light sunglasses in most of my photos and videos.