Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another question for those who don't use a female name here

I've used Butterfly Bill on every internet forum I have posted to since I started in 1997, except Facebook made me use it as a middle name inside my legal one.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My wife and I saw immediately upon identifying my other self that she needed a name, if only for clarification. We both agreed on the name of Tina (as you can see from her necklace in the avatar) if for no other reason than clarity. As time progressed the massive differences in my two gendered selves made the two names incredibly helpful.

I join this forum a few hours before Tina's name was chosen, hence the alternate moniker.

Banned Read only
    From 2005 until just a few months ago, I didn't have and didn't want a female name. It never struck me as something that I really needed and I didn't think it would make me any more or less of a crossdresser. The username that I employ here is the same one that I use on all of the forums where I am a member. It covers CD, LGBT, motorsports and computer forums; over 15 I believe. The only difference is that not all of them accept the _.

However, last Fall I had my first makeover and photo session. Somewhere within the first 30 minutes of meeting the person who would do my makeover, she asked if I had a femme name. I said that I didn't and wasn't really motivated to figure out one. But, the seed was planted. Over the next few days I began to think about it more seriously. I can't say exactly why. Perhaps the time was just right.

Anyway, as my real name is Don (and on rare occasion, Donald) Donna would be the natural choice. For some reason, that never appealed to me. I thought about D. but that seemed sort of like The Artist Formerly Known As... Then it came to me. I have been a serious motorsports fan since the mid-50's and I've always had great respect for the Andretti family. Turns out Mario's wife is named DeeAnn. It's an interesting story as she was the teacher who taught him English shortly after his family came to the US.

Works for me...