Thread: Out of the mouth of babes...

Banned Read only

Out of the mouth of babes...

err Crossdressers. Do enough reading at this Forum and one can find some pretty silly/amusing thoughts or statements. It's hard to pick just one as a Fave. There are certainly plenty of wild statements about shaving/being shaved... but they are commonplace.

But certainly in the top 5 I have seen, [from one of the Forum Dinos] was "There are only 2 kinds of CDers. Those that have left the closet and those that want to." [This was probably over a year ago]

And of course, IF one is quick enough, you can catch some really "way out there" Qs in the wee hours of the morning before they are pulled/spotted/reported. I"m sure some of you other Night Owls have also seen G I A N T pics posted. Have not seen any of those for quite some time? Maybe the site has some type of auto block to prevent that now.

So what have you read at this MtF Forum that had you rolling your eyes and shaking your head at the same time?

And maybe, just maybe... you might happen to agree about the only 2 kinds of CDers statement?

I've been here awhile so have seen many of the same questions and issues raised over and over WOH.The point of my staying here is that if I can help just one SO understand possible motivation to CD or one CDer some relief from anguish, it's well worth it. Yeah, I've probably posted some silly stuff of my own over the years but that never stopped me from caring about my friends here. Part of why I'm still HERE is why I'm still here on the Forum.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I like Kate's approach, although I don't practice what she preaches consistently enough.

To the OP, a) I don't think there are only 2 kinds of CDrs. I don't even think the term spectrum is sufficient because it suggests only two dimensions. I would think a 3D plot might come close, although there are certainly more than three dimensions to CDing.

I have grown bored with the predictable questions...and in a momentary tiff, I posted my own "What Color Are Your Panties?" posts. To date, it remains my #1 most read and commented upon OP. Predictable and redundant isn't fair I suppose. When I first came here, I'm sure my desperate attempts to communicate seemed pretty predictable and redundant too. I have seen a lot of posts that I felt were truly asinine...but I dare not mention them for fear of insulting someone!

I'm afraid I'm strictly diurnal these days. Evidently, I'm missing the drunken late night posts.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have had many posts deleted because I was the first to reply to some crass question by someone, quite often in the third CD category.

Those that don't want to get into the closet to start with.

Exhibitionists is a word that springs to mind.

Oh! you are not trying to stir up trouble again?

Well, I am here!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    So what have you read at this MtF Forum that had you rolling your eyes and shaking your head at the same time?
    Opinions disguised as facts by the use of self-validating expressions such as : "it's a proven fact", "everyone knows", etc. OOPS, did I step on any toes here?

Haha. Just messing with you. Sort of.

Platinum Member
    Hi Nicole, I like the other answer to that, ((You are entitled to your own opinion, BUT not your own facts)) .
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 06-17-2014 at 02:30 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    This site DOES NOT fabricate the #s. [for anyone that might be confused on the matter] It came straight out of the mouth of a Mod. I hope no one would ever insinuate that a Mod would lie...

I get the feeling that some might agree about the just two types of CDers?

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    The 'those that don't dress to blend in or pass while in public reflects negatively on the crossdressing community' type of statements gives me a good chuckle especially this one
    "If they are supposedly normal CD's, I would say they deserve less attention because they are the ones who bring bad PR to crossdressers!! Unless the CD can turn himself into a beautiful lady, he should not try to attract attention!"

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I would think a 3D plot might come close, although there are certainly more than three dimensions to CDing.
    Cool! Way off topic, but an N dimension hypervolume? And what are the axis labels?

Here's a head-shaker, in the Beauty section:
    "I don't use false eyelashes because they look fake. I use Falsies mascara."

There are attitudes and statements that do get me going, but mostly I'll just let it slide. For myself, if I state an opinion, I'll try to make it clear that it is just that, MY, opinion. And you know what they say about opinions.

One thing that does get me ticked off, sometimes bad enough I have to leave for a while, is poor writing. I understand if English isn't your first language, but it's fairly easy to figure out how to have spelling errors high-lighted by your browser, then corrected if you wish, and for Pete's sake, please read through your post before you send it! Some of them are just painful to read! If I can't actually understand what you are saying, or asking, from reading it through twice, I just leave the thread these days. That goes double for "text" speak.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERDRESSER View Post
    That goes double for "text" speak.
    OMG. I h8 that 2.

Underdresser, if I have to struggle to figure out what a poster is trying to say, I just go on to the next post. Sometimes I can't stand it and make an exception, and my comments usually get excepted rather than accepted. So I mostly try to stifle that urge. Because most of the time here, if you suggest that it is difficult to understand a post, you are an incredibly bad person. And I am already terrible enough...

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    That would have to be the frequent expression that someone has two personalities, and they write about their 'female side' as if it's a separate person, in order to pretend that their 'real self' would never be feminine in any way, as if it's such a terrible thing.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I agree with Nicole about the use of self-validating expressions to support conjecture. That really irks me. There are no "laws" in the psychiatric or sociological arenas as there are in physics or other "hard" sciences. It is all conjecture and theory, provable by one study and dis-proven by another.

I do, however, tend to agree with the two different types of CDs the OP posited, similar to concrete which also has two types; that which is cracked and that which is waiting to crack.

To actually answer the question, I go quietly bonkers when someone claims that the future lives of ALL CDS everywhere in the world is mapped out - NOBODY is EVER able to stop, everyone progresses to more and more dressing. At least, I think we've reached the point where almost everyone realizes that not all CDs, or even most, will transition - that used to be an oft-told truth, too. There's another one that bugs me, that all crossdressing is sexually motivated...

All people are different. Behavior of a large population might be statistically predictable - but there is no reliable way to predict the behavior of any single person. Someone trying to say we are all alike blows my mind.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!