Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: still enjoy male sports is this bad thing

still enjoy male sports is this bad thing

HI all,
    Just wanting a perspective on things as still trying to discover myself and my feelings about where I stand in life.

Even though I dress in women's attire and let me tell you I even think its not really 'women's attire' as I am at a stage now where I feel more comfortable in that style of clothing. I still enjoy watching rugby league and V8 supercar car racing.

I'm just confused this is so hard to put into words, I feel normal dressing as a woman but like the sports I suppose a male should, don't get me wrong I enjoy watching women's netball and soccer etc but typically in Australia its rare that's on TV.

I guess the real question is how am I suppose to 'act' as I work in a male dominated employment yet when at home just want to dress normally in woman's attire.

I think it's absolutely fine. I enjoy watching F1 and playing soccer (football), it's not something that I'd just dismiss because of how I want to dress/look etc.

Banned Read only
    Where's your problem the stadiums for these events aren't full of men, women enjoy the sports just as much, rugby matches are family days out !
    Ok I'm a Cder I still love skiing but some of the girls fly by me on the slopes ! A young German blond girl taught me to scuba dive, seeing her in her wet suit was the icing on the cake !
    Wearing a dress doesn't stop you , I've decorated in a skirt and heels ! There are no rules to CDing !

Platinum Member
    Hi Rachael, I have bad news for you I think that you may be normal.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Of course it's not a problem... I still enjoy my sport and the other 'perceived' male activities. I've just learnt to enjoy shopping, fashion and the 'perceived' female activities as well. Although I do not think there are, in reality, any gender limited or restricted activities. We are all free to enjoy whatever we want!!!
    Call me Donna, please

Hey thanks girls, yeah Blue Orchid I thought that was the case. But wasn't sure what normal was

One night when I still lived with my Mother. I was enjoying a romantic comedy on TV when I noticed my mother seemed irritated. It turned out she wanted to watch the soccer on another channel. Man utd were playing and she's a fan. She also likes rugby, horse racing, golf and more besides.
    My sister is an F1 fan and goes to at least two grand prix a year. I could go on but you get the picture.

I on the other hand, watch few sports.

So don't worry about it. You are in danger of gender stereotyping yourself. There are no rules. Enjoy watching anything you like.

You never need permission from anyone else to be yourself my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Dont sweat on it Racheal. Just because you like dressing as a girl doesnt mean you have to act any differently from your male persona. I like watching the footy, dirt bike riding and car racing. i wont give that up for any woman (me included)
    Go Aussie girls
    Amanda

I totally get your confusion Rachel. If you're like me, when you're en femme there is a greater desire to feel feminine and partake in traditionally feminine things and when that's not actually what to do, it can be stressful. One way of thinking about it that has helped me a bit is that even though I've changed clothes, that doesn't mean I need to abandon the things that interest me in boy mode too. Sure there are totally things that I do that are feminine that I don't do in guy mode but I like to think of it as two different parts coming together to make a more complete whole rather than two parts battling for control.

There is no way that you're "supposed" to act. As long as you aren't doing anything illegal or bothering anyone else, you can act however you want. If a GG acted as you've said, I doubt very many people would give it a second thought other than calling her a tomboy or something similar.

Whew, that got surprisingly long winded on me. Hopefully at least some of that rambling made some kind of sense to you.

It is not a bad thing nor is it unusual.

You are finding balance in your activities.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Rachael,

I love wearing women's clothing. However, I am a man. I enjoy watching baseball and football. I do not see my love of women's clothing as mutually exclusive to my love of sports.

You are just feeding into gender stereotypes, just like many others who somehow equate what they wear with an overwhelming desire to clean house and cook dinner (while wearing 4" heels, of course).

Wear what you will and enjoy the sports you love. They have nothing to do with one another. Really, it's ok.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

We really DON'T have a rule that says 'A CD has to give up liking anything men like'. Or 'It makes you a bad CD if you like rugby'. There are no official Standards of Crossdressing that we have to live up to, except those that we are comfortable with.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Of course not - why would I not do something I typically enjoy in guy mode - watching sports or playing video games -just because I happen to be en femme at the time?

Rachael, Rule 3.17.46.98:C of the Official CD Handbook reads you are normal There not a handbook I am just being silly! However you are just acting normal, what you enjoy you should do

Linda Leigh
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

you should act how you went and enjoy any sport you want. I was dressed fem the other day , Not an hour later I was fishing with a friend out on the lake.Just because your a CDer does't mean you can't enjoy or have to act a certain way .My interest don't change because of what I have on and you should do as you feel. Hope this helps.

Rock on, Roxie

Banned Read only
    Girls, who ultimately develop into women, are engaging in all sports. My neighborhood is full of teams comprised of young girls, teens and women playing soccer, softball, baseball, and other "group" sports. In years past girls typically played alongside other girls, while boys played together. Now, it's an even playing field. Also, check out all the young women serving in the armed forces. Times are changing. I have female friends who are totally into one sport or another. They know the rules of the game. They can recite player statistics. And, they feel comfortable wearing jeans and a jersey, as well as a dress and heels.

Act anyway you want. You just have to remember the consequences of your actions.

I also like football, even if I Like to dress in skirt. I try to get the best from both feminine and male side of myself. It doesn't matter, I just want to go far away from cliches. Never mind, do what you like. Hugs. Betty.

Banned Read only
    The next time you go to or are watching a sporting event take a look at the rest of the people in the stadium. You will see many women right along with men enjoying the game. Fun is fun.

Banned Read only
    This morning I watched the qualifying for tomorrow's F-1 event in Austria in my magenta Shadowline pajamas and Chocolat Blu wedge slides. A couple of nights ago I bought my ticket for the 6-Hour weekend at Watkins Glen. I will NOT be going dressed, however...

I am a big fan of UFC. My dream come true would be to become a ring card girl, not only would I get to strut my stuff around, but I get front row to the fights.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    nothing wrong with liking sports...lots of girls do...the COOLEST ones too !

I am a huge Nascar fan. A lot of woman do go to the races also but not exactly the most feminine of sports. Being american not big fan of soccer though as we just have way too many sports to enjoy in the U.S. American football is in my opinion one of the greatest sports of all time but injuries and concussions and long time problems will eventually change the game forever.

My daughter is a big fan of baseball and football. She gets more involved in it than many men. She's even won some bets against guys on her sports knowledge.

So, yeah, its fine.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 06-29-2014 at 10:08 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.