Thread: DRAB vs FEMININE: Which would you rather be?

DRAB vs FEMININE: Which would you rather be?

Most often here on the forum, we define the male as drab. Websters defines
    drab as "dull or not attractive". You all may pleased to know that my wife doesn't share this opinion nor do, I would think, most of the GG's here who's
    husbands are CD's. I have no desire to be feminine. Websters defines feminine as "of or having to do with women or girls(female): belong to the sex that bears the young or produces eggs. Believe me when I say that I have
    no desire to have ovaries even though I do have a lot of feminine traits already. The fact that I may welt up or cry at the end of a sad movie doesn't make feel feminine. So then, when we refer to "drab", we refer to our
    appearance and when we as feminine we try to do the same but the opposite of drab is attractive. Websters defines attractive as "pleasing or pretty"
    For me, I define changing from male to female in appearance as swiching. I believe that the female body with all it's curves and lines and ability to is be enhanced is the prettiest thing in the world but Websters doesn't difine feminine as pretty, I do. A bride on her wedding day doesn't ware a beautiful
    gown, get her hair done, have a manicure and a makeover to feel feminine. She does this to make herself pretty or beauthiful and then she feels pretty
    or beautiful or radiant inside. Pretty dresses, makeup, ect. are not sold to woman to make them feel feminine,; they are sold to make women pretty and
    when something makes her pretty, she feels pretty and buys again. I have
    experienced that pretty feeling and for most of my life I couldn't understand it
    because for a man, I wasn't supposed to have it.
    So to answer my own question, I would rather be neither drab nor feminine; I would rather be me. Pretty or not, here I come?
    "Lady Fingers"

Penny,

Your post made me think long and hard. While I enjoy CD and my wife does too, now I think of it in your terms I do not want to be feminine as you describe that state. My need as CD is to feel the slide of satin against my skin and cool stockings as I pull them on my legs. Similarly a lacy nightie mixing the slightly abrasive lace with the slide of satin arouses me intensely. It's about sensuality not femininity perhaps and that is pretty?

drab stands for dressed as a boy and drag stands for dressed as a girl ..thought id enlighten the terminology there for u

Early Longtime Member Faye Emmette's Avatar
    Penny, you are a pretty good lookin' cookie anyway, so scrap the dictionary and enjoy yourself.
    I like the femininity ( as my name suggests) as that's why I am here.
    [SIZE="1"].
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]....... Everything is in Degrees .......[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]intro http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=16084[/SIZE]

Me I have more of a female side. Which is ok with me. I hate alot of things men like, like hunting, trucks, fishing, etc, I prefer going to the mall shopping being with the ladies even though I like the ladies also. Im a sensative person. So I have the fem side and its not really all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny
    So then, when we refer to "drab", we refer to our
    appearance and when we as feminine we try to do the same but the opposite of drab is attractive.

...I would rather be neither drab nor feminine; I would rather be me.
    [SIZE=3]I beg to differ Penny. I can feel feminine at most times, whether in male of female "mode". I was even complimented on my general appearance and female posture whilst playing sport as a man a couple of nights ago!

To me, "feminine" is a sense of being. However, having nice clothes, fragrences and involvement in traditional female activities enhances my femininity.

Being "attractive" as you put it is simply an aspect of appearance. Feminitiy comes from within - like an identiity!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

I like feeling pretty, too. And I find feminine clothing makes me feel pretty. But there's more to it than that. I like the feeling of my long hair next to my cheeks and on my neck. I like the feeling of silky hosiery on my legs, and the sleek satin of my slip under my dress. I like how high heels feel when I'm wearing them. This feeling is not just pretty, it's most definitely feminine. And I like that, too.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Haley Pink~

Hmmm?

I enjoy both sides of me! Wearing Satin, or wearing Camo. I enjoy me.
    Haley P. Kemp

Drab

I feel drab in mens clothes. I don't feel sexy in mens clothes. I feel sensuous and sexual in womens clothes. I definitely feel more alive dressed as a woman in heels, skirts, dresses. I love the feel of silk, angora and nylon on my bare skin.

I would never want to be woman and have to lose my penis.

Well for me being dressed as a woman is the way I would love to be full-time. I really can't think of anything better. Nylons, heels, make-up all of the time. Dresses and skirts, sexy colorful underwear. Nail polish, perfume, jewelry. Waht's not to want and love. Want to feel the weight of my breasts, the wind in my hair, the touch of my lover on my body and that's just the start. I could easily have lived out my life as a woman - still want to.
    Dawn

i would rater be in female clothes but i like being masculen

i want to go further than just either being feminine or looking female i wish to be female i think i was born wrong i have no desires men do and only think of myself as female

I Feel Pretty Then

The only time I feel like a man is when I'm working other than that I welcome the pretty side of my self.