Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Your Role Model? / Do you imitate?

Who Is Your Role Model? / Do you imitate?

As you can tell by my avatar that I love Marilyn Monroe. But there are a great many more glamourous women that I emulate. I suppose this all started in my early childhood when in my developemental stage I couldn't help but pick up on their beauty, poise, mannerisms, etc. I had male role models too of course. But my attachment to the female personna was strongest. I would dress up in my mom's finest and put on fashion shows for our baby sitter. She loved it and always wanted an encore. So...I know you girls out there have a favorite female role model too. Who is it? Did you ever consciously imitate anyone that you admired? I'm wondering. Kiss, kiss,
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

well I guess its Casandra peterson(elvira) she's very out spoken and always seems to put a smile on every ones face

Banned Read only

My role model

why J. Edgar Hoover of course or was that truman capote?????

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

re roll model

my roll model is shirley mc laine.i have loved her since i first saw her in a movie when she was in her 20s.the movie was the trouble with harry and i thought she was gorgeous and she still is love maid phylis

A secretary named Denise who no longer works at the same place I work. I used to love her dresses. She hardly ever wore pants, just beautiful, colorful dresses, looking every day like she stepped right out of the Seventies. She was a neon light. A lot of the dresses I've bought have been bought just because they were so much like her dresses.

Heels and jeans rule! Rachael Turner's Avatar

One old school one new school

Old School: Audrey Hepburn

New School: Sarah Michelle Gellar
    Though tragically I come off more like Britney Spears.

Do they have to be females?
    Merry

HRT since 2009

A long time friend of mine.

We've known each other since we were kids, she's always quick to laugh and doesn't care what anyone thinks about her. She's kind to everyone, always smiling, quick to make friends, dresses beautifully always very feminine.

Best of all .. she barely blinked when she found out I dress. We talked about it for hours, the why's , the what if's. Now, she accepts that it is part of who I am, and I think that she is touched that I try to imitate her, I told her why so she wouldn't think I was a nutcase, and our friendship has grown even stronger since.

Do I have a crush on her? .. maybe at one time, but now .. she's just a person I would like to be. So I would have to say .. Thanks Kristen, you make me keep trying to do better.

Ah-May-Lee
    Lily Munster, the totally gothic grrl.

What Me Worry
    Katherine Hepburn the definition of grace, beauty, intelligence and poise. A person regardless of gender we all should aspire to be like she marched to the beat of her own drummer.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I suppose I'd have to go with "Troi" on Star Trek, TNG.---ie. Marina Sirtis.

We share the same coloring, big dark eyes and a "slightly too-big" nose. ---A facial "flaw" that lends her countanence an air of "regal beauty" offsetting the childlike "cuteness" factor of her other features.

She has always intrigued me for some odd reason that I cannot fathom.---Not to mention that she has a great bod ---A living artists anatomy textbook that I could never hope to emulate from the neck down.

The name similarities Are co-incendental though-- MY "Marina" is based on a feminized version of my male name.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't really have a specific role model. I suppose I just try to model myself after the common woman, the type you pass on the street or in the stores.

If I could pull it off, however, I would love to dress like Nichole Kidman. Whether she is in jeans or a $4000 gown, she always looks amazing.

My wife.

Banned Read only
    i would say mine is now hilary duff she is great

Ah-May-Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by mallory-is-a-tease
    i would say mine is now hilary duff she is great
    Oh My, My, Mallory, you also look like Hillary Duff, very nice.

Alyson Hannigan

She's pure redhead , she's the cutest without being a beauty queen, and she's out there becoming famous even though she mostly plays side roles.

I 've just loved her and wanted to be her ever since I saw here in "My Stepmother is an Alien"

Kim Bassinger is wonderful too.

Mary

I'd have to say it was an older secretary at work, she looked classy and conservative in her skirts and blouses that she wore to work every day. It used to drive me nuts to see her day in and day out looking so beautiful. I once told her that if I was a woman that I would dress the way she did. I think it just confused the hell out of her, and we never talked about it again. I was lucky enough to find out where she shopped for her work wardrobe and was able to buy some of the same blouses she would wear..
    Dianne

Aspiring Member
    How many do you want Darlena?

In my early days I was pretty much in awe of the stars of 50s/60s – Jane Russell, Sophia Loren, Tippi Hedren, Kim Novak etc………….and Meta Calhoun, the woman who lived next door and one of my first bosses, Shirley Atkins…had a huge influence.

During the Athens Olympics, I was very impressed with the Mayor of Athens, Dora Bayokannis – and followed her entrances and exits pretty closely.

Mary Robinson was another woman, who because I admire her as a person , I’d pay attention to what she wearing and how she looked.

And I get glimpses, single photos of t-women that make a lasting impression…Amanda Richards has the looks I’d love to have and dresses to match….and Samantha Matthews in Atlanta……Ashleigh and Cassandra Taylor….Suzanne Robertson, Helene Barclay and Tootsie in the UK. Suzanne and Helene continue to have an influence on me in different ways.

And on here….there’s Bernadina…. Khriss…..and Amelie!! And I thought Julie York was just a red pair of heels with a sense of humour…but she’s got bone structure and legs. And Tiffany Tuesday!

And there’s the GGs on here…..Tamara, Marla……Kathy!! If I fell asleep on the wrong operating table and I woke up looking like one of those women – I don’t think I’d be suing the hospital

See I’m getting carried away now. I better have a couple of aspirin and lie down

Fiona xx

I have had soooo many. Let me think of a few

Ann Bancroft as Mrs. Robinson. Talk about sexy.

Susan Rook. A one-time anchor woman on CNN, back when O.J. was king. She may not have been the most gorgeous, but she was one of the most dominating women ever to grace a newscast.

Joan Crawford

Bette Davis

Sigourney Weaver

Susan Hayward

Nurse Cratchet

Diana Ross

Kathleen Turner

Donna Reed

GypsyKaren
    Hi Darlena

There is one actress I have always adored, she was quite a star during the golden days of Hollywood, the beautiful and talented Olivia de Havilland. I first saw her in Captain Blood with Errol Flynn, one of my favorite actors. They would go on to make many movies together. To me she was everything I could ever imagine a fine lady to be, and she had an innocense and sweetness about her that really came across on the screen. Olivia has always been my role model, and it was a sad day when she left us.

GypsyKaren

Mine has to be Pam Anderson,,,gotta love superficial blondes and such a nice shoe collection she has !!! Kisses Roxy XX

My female "role model" has always been Stevie Nicks (formerly of rock group Fleetwood Mac). She seems to be a very laid back, friendly, and caring person and I always thought that she is always VERY creative with her clothing/costumes that she wears during her performances (esp. "Gypsy"). I wouldn't say that I "imitate" her per se (although I consider my personality to be somewhat similar) but if I had the time and money I'd love to be able to put together some of her costumes and outfits to wear.

I would say Samantha strong (avatar) and maybe Ginger Lynn.

kisses, April Marie
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    well I guess its Casandra peterson(elvira) she's very out spoken and always seems to put a smile on every ones face
    At the risk of not appearing "original" here I must also say Elvira. There are several areas of Elvira's projected personality and look that I want to imitate. I've been enthralled with this person since I first became aware of her many years ago.

Gee thanks Fiona, I really appreacaite that. I am sure Marla and Tamara do too.