Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Your Role Model? / Do you imitate?

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKaren
    There is one actress I have always adored, she was quite a star during the golden days of Hollywood, the beautiful and talented Olivia de Havilland. I first saw her in Captain Blood with Errol Flynn, one of my favorite actors. They would go on to make many movies together. To me she was everything I could ever imagine a fine lady to be, and she had an innocense and sweetness about her that really came across on the screen. Olivia has always been my role model, and it was a sad day when she left us.
    Karen:

I've always enjoyed the movies Olivia de Havilland and Errol Flynn made together. They had great chemistry (like Bogey and Bacall or Fred and Ginger), and Captain Blood is probably my favorite (of course, I wanted to be Errol) - with Robin Hood a close second favorite. She was also terrific without Errol - especially in Gone With the Wind.

Has she left us? I hadn't heard about that. Last I heard she was very old and living in France.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    I don't really have a specific role model. I suppose I just try to model myself after the common woman, the type you pass on the street or in the stores.
    You know Sharon, I couldn't have said it better myself. I try to take my style of dressing from general people I see wandering around life.

Hollywood glitz and glam isn't for me. I tend to like things plain and simple.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

Ah-May-Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley in Jersey
    You know Sharon, I couldn't have said it better myself. I try to take my style of dressing from general people I see wandering around life.

Hollywood glitz and glam isn't for me. I tend to like things plain and simple.

The same for me, I take my style from the girls wandering the streets at night.

For the most part I try to be myself, but I do have a few people i've always felt I could model myself after.

Someone i've admired for quite some time now. And she's a member of this forum.
    http://crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?u=4903

Renee Reyes is also a big influence. Her website was the starting point for me learning more about transgenderism. Plus she seems like such a positive and happy person. She's what I wish I could be.

And last but not least, my friend Merrilee.
    Hail Satin!

My role model

I guess right now mine would be Sienna Guillory as Jill Valentines from Resident Evil: Apocalypse.
    Last edited by Sharon; 01-19-2006 at 08:48 PM. Reason: oversized pic -- read photo guidelines

Sorry to jump on an old thread, but how could no one have mentioned Marlo Thomas, the star of "That Girl"? The cute clothes, big lashes, and that "flip" hairstyle... She was everything that I wanted to be when I was 8 years old. I would just stare at the TV whenever that show came on. My mother used to tease me about having a crush on her. If she had only known the truth!

Elaine Benes
    Tegan Jovanka

Tegan had such a cute figure and she looked great in a stewardess uniform.

(Dr. Who companion for those unenlightened.)
    Regards,
    Leigh

Imelda Marcos- If only for the shoe collection

I notice no one mentioned Rosie O'Donnell

I just like to be me but if there was one.........Sarah Jessica Parker. Totally feminine, genuine, funny. Just a good person. I think I had a bit of a crush on her 25 years ago though and it never subsided so I am biased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

My role models...

Much like other posts I have seen my is more of a composite. Betty Page (my avatar, though it is a drawing) for dress and an ex-girlfriend for the casual side. Throw in a couple random "common girls" into the mix and that somes it up pretty well.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

No one particular

I just try my hardest to look like a gg, and hopefully with a bit of style.

Sarah R
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmm, never really modeled myself on anyone. I AM like my mother in many things, but that just comes natural.

Okay, I've got one shot at this, so here you have it:

I wouldn't say "emulate," but as mentioned in another thread, Joan Jett is a hero -- "tough but tender, trashy yet sincere," with a really great smile & the best body for tight leather this side of Emma Peel; "Kramer vs. Kramer" era Meryl Streep was beautiful; Tea Leoni in "The Naked Truth" was goofy, sexy & sweet-- loved how they dressed her; "Frazier's" Jane Leeves as Daphnie is a fave rave; Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally... - *so* cute (love how they dressed her, too); Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi from "Star Trek: The Next Generation," especially when the costume crowd finally put her in that regular issue blue uniform; Geena Davis in both "A League of Their Own," and "The Long Kiss Goodnight;" the late Karen Dior (sic); and, as my screen name suggests, the intelligence, inner strength, and beauty, both inside & out, of Alicia Christian "Jodie" Foster.

That's all I can think of now. Thanks for the exercise -- it was fun! ;-\

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    I adore Meg Ryan, but will never look like her.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

I Want to be...

I love the Robert Palmer Girls from the Addicted to Love Video.
    I'd also have to add Queen Latifah from Chicago because she is an ample woman who really has style.
    Shirley Manson from the group "Garbage"

My Role Modle Is Britney Spears

MY ONE DESIRE IS ?. joannejoanne's Avatar
    [SIZE="2"]Never really thought of it. It is just something that came natural, though my wife says i am getting more like my mother every day.Though if i chose a role model i think it would Jodie Foster.[/SIZE]
    I WAS PUT ON EARTH TO BE EVERYONE'S

Think I only tried once to look like someone. The March 17, 1961 cover of Life magazine had this girl in a tight skirt sitting. The pose turned me on. When my folks were gone, got a skirt and sat on the floor trying to duplicate the look. Found I just couldn't sit like that. Here's the cover photo and has her name.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

Geez, where do I start? Tina Louise (Ginger on "Gilligan's Island"), Salma Hayek, Ava Gardner, Liz Taylor in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof".

I would like to be chic, elegant and refined like Grace Kelly or Audrey Hepburn; as beautiful as Elizabeth Taylor, Natalie Wood or Catherine Zeta Jones and as sultry as Sophia Loren, Teri Htacher or Scarlett Johansson. In real life, I ty to emulate the combined style sense and attitude of the Italian hitter chicks and Jewish American Princesses I grew up with. I try to think of myself as a Long Island homemaker/hot mama that I believed those girls grew into.Okay, I'm a Jewish Carmela Soprano!

Haley Pink~

Gillian Anderson

http://www.askmen.com/women/actress/..._anderson.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Haley P. Kemp

Not just a pig-n-lipstick

A bit of a mix

I'm still developing my femme persona so there is a mix of several classic and modern movie stars but my biggest Role Model is my GF.

She has accused me more then once of going all "single white female" on her.

Feel free to message me.x Natalie tv's Avatar
    My favourite from the past is Raquel Welch, as i have tried to copy my avatar, what do you think.
    [SIZE="5"]NAT.xx [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Maureen
    Sorry to jump on an old thread, but how could no one have mentioned Marlo Thomas, the star of "That Girl"? The cute clothes, big lashes, and that "flip" hairstyle... She was everything that I wanted to be when I was 8 years old. I would just stare at the TV whenever that show came on. My mother used to tease me about having a crush on her. If she had only known the truth!
    Oh Maureen, I am so with you....just loved Marlo! I wanted to be her! When I was being good...when I was being "bad" I wanted to be the Lily St. Cyr from the ads in the back of the detective magazines at the barber shop.....

I guess now I am impressed by the moms who go to work every day, take care of the kids and still look fantastic.

Kudos to the modern moms

Early Longtime Member Faye Emmette's Avatar

Style, Innocence, Purity, and Pre-Pantyhose...

Oohh that beautiful Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast.."..
    I melt every time I watch that movie ( and it might be tonight I think).
    And Modesty Blaise is the wild woman in me. Suave, cool, unflustered.
    Attachment 23255

Attachment 23256
    Last edited by Faye Emmette; 05-09-2006 at 06:59 AM.
    [SIZE="1"].
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]....... Everything is in Degrees .......[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]intro http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=16084[/SIZE]