Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaving Legs Who Hates it?

I was gonna shave my legs, but my wife stooped me, and has offered to wax them for me instead...Ouch.... I can't decide if this is to be helpful or to try and disuade me off the notion. Haven't done it yet, but am soooo looking forward to the experience of soft material brushing against soft skin. Mmmmm.X
    I may be off track with that, but hey... what ya gonna do

[SIZE="1"]"What's the use of two strong legs if you only run away. What's the use two strong arms if you only push and shove. What's the use of two good ears if you cant hear those you love. Tell me which ones are the weak ones, and which ones touch the stars?" Eddi Reader[/SIZE]

lots of love Kelly. X

Quote Originally Posted by Darlena
    Yes Angela, you can always wax them. Unless you have real coarse hairs. I don't mind shaving at all. It's another feminine upkeep experience. However, I'm going to wax mine tonight. Kisses,
    Waxing your legs requires that you allow the hair to grow to at least 1/4 inch in length... I am just too impatient, plus I love a nice sudsy bath... I make it a relaxing thing.
    Ciao!
    Lizz:cheeky:

Just living life one day at a time...

Smile

I just love to shave my legs, it is so femminine. I use the Venus razor and have excellent results.

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    It can be a pain sometimes (just shaved mine this morning) but the smooth sliky feeling of freshly shaved legs is worth it.

I don`t mind shaving my body at all i love the results but i must admit it can be a bit of a chore at times. i love to be able to restrict the growth a bit i have tried Hair minimising creams like surgi stop but with partial success. i am looking to have other treatments soon
    With regards my legs i keep them smooth with a Babyliss Simply Smooth it is fantastic for keeping them really smooth and exfoiliates as well.
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]Jenny ~ x ~

My Group on Yahoo

Those shaving bumps and rashes and the itching will go away if you shave on a regular basis. It's a hassle shaving but I have been doing it for over 20 years now and can't remember the feel of hairy legs. I don't have much body hair to begin with but don't like body hair anyway. Don't wait to get as hairy as a "gorilla" before you shave again (but it could be a matter of circumstance though). If you shave, shave every other day or so. This "tune up" shave only takes a couple minutes to get rid of the stubble and after a while you won't even notice the hassle anymore.

NAIR all the way!

Because I only go out every three months or so, shaving isn't as big a deal for me as it is for some of you, but when I do go out and need to be hairless, I use NAIR. Not only do I think it does a better job than shaving (and lasts longer too) you also don't have to worry about nicks and cuts.

Smile shaving is great

I began shaving a couple of years ago. I do it during the winter and stop early enough for the hair to grow back for the summer. Its great and very easy for me. i wish I could go all year with shaved legs. It would be great to go out with a skirt top and shandles and smooth taned legs. Anyway from my poit of view once you start is gets easier and easier.
    PD

I love shaving my legs and, as many have commented, the feeling of freshly shaved legs is heavenly.

It may be that you are shaving too quickly and/or not using a new blade. Leg shaving is something to be savoured, not rushed. You could try an electric razor to take off most of the hair and just tidy up with a safety razor.

You should also rub your legs with a moisturizer cream and that really makes them soft.

I actually like shaving my legs...I hate the time it takes, but i love feeling sexy doing it.

Shaving Those Stems......

Yeah. And once you get used to shaving your legs I want you to step into the final frontier....shaving the nether regions. Yep. The pubic area. Including the scrotum. (yech! I hate that word! Scrotum!) But you will thank me if you are successful.(not too many bandaids) Your panties will just glide like glossamer wings against your delicate skin. Like a baby's. Like when your mom gave you your first bath.(not that you'd remember) She used to sprinkle your bottom with talcum powder. And then she lovingly....I guess you get the point. Glad to be of help. You're welcome. Love & kisses,
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

new to this shaving thing

I hate shaving, I ususally grow a beard - and no I have never gone cd in public. Well I have a theater show to do and I bought a sleeveless dress that also shows my cleavage and a leg. So naturally, I had to shave the chest and well while at it shave the whole torso (not that anyone will see that). Since is has a slightly low back, I have to contort myself to shave the backside of me (very tough). As I said this dress is sleeveless, so there goes the armpit hair and now about the leg hair. Ok shaving the armpits - ouch. How do you keep it from itching would be the best way to describe the feeling? Is there any lotion or moisturizure for that. Since I have always grown facial hair, it always comes in thick. When I shave my face, I could spend hours and I can still see a faint shadow. I have slightly dark arm hair, how do I hide that? I know girls don't shave their arms right? Finally the legs, I shaved portions before, but never the whole leg. I want to shave them for the show I'm doing for the full effect and since I'm in amongst the audience they well see my up close. My other dilema is that in a month, my family is going to Miss and Lousiana for a vacation (of all places) to see my brother before he leaves for Iraq (by the way they suggest to soldiers to shave their bodies as well for hygene). well the family plans on doing some swimming and I may have to wear shorts oh and I not offically a cd so I would prefer they didn't start asking me why I have no leg hair. I know I could wear a couple of layers of nylons and I will, but the feeling of soft smooth legs is alluring. If I knew my body hair would grow back in a month - no problem. Penny for your thoughts?

Shelby

I've shaved a few times, all of them painful, and allways at the start of winter. I have a pool, and naturally wear shorts in the summer, and everyone knows I have hairy legs. I've always considered it a curse. I envy men who don't have a lot of hair on their legs. When I dress, I usually wear two pairs of pantyhose to try to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by pattied
    Waxing your legs requires that you allow the hair to grow to at least 1/4 inch in length... I am just too impatient, plus I love a nice sudsy bath... I make it a relaxing thing.
    Yeah my boyfriend loves shaving his body but is annoyed at the actual act of having to shave. I suggested waxing but the thought of letting his hair get to 1/8-1/4 an inch makes his skin crawl :cheeky: As a GG, I actually didn't shave my legs for 10 years(my bf is way more femme then me hehe). Then I waxed for awhile, but the thing I don't like is that when it grows back it doesn't all grow at the same time(or at least mine doesn't) so you get patches of hair at various times. Plus the letting it grow part. I prefer to shave now.

I recommend using some type of exfoliating moisturizer afterwards, cuts down on the ingrown hairs/bumps! It might burn a bit at first but your skin gets used to it.
    Last edited by BethGG; 01-24-2006 at 07:50 PM.
    I'm tgirl74's girlfriend

Leggz

For some reason unknown to me , about ten years ago my legs just quit growing hair . I work in construction and on hot days you have to wear shorts. My legs are as bald as they come , smooth as silk . No one ever notices. Even when I make a lot of TV/CD jokes.

I'm lucky ,never had to shave,I just quit growing hair on my legs.

Petrina cd

Hi Gurlz,
    You may think that I am into S&M by doing this, but it gives me good results. I epilate my arms and legs below the mid thighs. I do not find this painful. However, you had better do it every week, because it is quite painful if you are removing a full growth of male arm and leg hair. I also would not suggest doing this on the chest or undearms. The great thing about this is that you do not have razor stubble. What I find extremely painful is back waxing. I only do these things on areas that other people would see in public.
    "It is better to be looked over than to be overlooked." Mae West

http://360.yahoo.com/ritaknight1999

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ritaknight1999/

I look at it different i think. I love taking baths. LOVE!! warm water and relaxation is bliss to me. Shaving my legs just gives me an excuse to take a nice long bath ....so you guessed it....i like shaving my legs.

Emjoi

You might consider trying this. It's a unit that essentially pulls the hair our right to the roots. No, it isn't at all THAT painfull, especially after you have been using it for a while. The hair gets finer and pulls out much more easily. I bought mine from "The Sharper Image". About $60 or so as I recall.
    The routine that works for me is to use it right at the beginning of the day,
    and right after I shower.Before a shower seems to work too, so you pick.Make sure to use a lufa regularly in your shower. It keeps you from having ingrown hairs. After I shower I put on a good moisturizer. Sometimes I use whichhazel first, makeup, then moisturizer.
    This way I don't have to do more than a light touch up and it lasts for three to four weeks. No stubble. The negative is that when the hairs begin to grow back, you must let them get to about 2mm before the emjoi will catch them. This means about two days of stubble. I do it again three days later and that is pretty much it for the month. The lufa and a daily moisturizer are essential to make sure you don't get ingrown hairs.
    Works for me.
    Penny

Shaving those sexy legs

I really don't think anyone enjoys it and there are alot of ways to do it you just have to expierment and see what works for you. I know my wife likes it when my legs are shaved. ERIKA1963
    SMILE IT COULD BE WORSE!

Nair's it for me!

Like a few have said here, Nair really works well for me. It's a Friday night thing, always the first thing I do before my weekend of fun. I use it for ALL my body hair removal. It's a tricky thing though, to time it right... Too little, and it doesn't get everything. Too much and it can burn like hell! 10 minutes seems to be just about right for me. [On another note, I have been recently removing all my body hair - you know, EVERYWHERE - and had the misfortune of getting a little Nair on my... uhm, little jewels. Afterwards, I discovered a new threshold of pain I did not know I was capable... Do not do this!]

I also really like the lasting effect of using my Emjoi cordless epilator. Although it does take a few drinks and a rather chatty inner-dialog to psych myself into doing it...

But regardless of the method used, there is NOTHING to compare with the feeling of having my legs the preverbal "silky smooth." For those of you that having yet experienced this, you don't know what you're missing!

Robyn
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

I don't mind it. It gives me some time to just soak and relax in the tub. It's not a very difficult thing to do.

...and hell yeah I'm the motherf--king princess!

Wish I could shave them but it would attract negative attention from other people oh hell I'll smoke them if they give me sh*t
    Merry

HRT since 2009

I hate the time it takes to shave. I don't really mind the act of shaving my legs because for me it's just part of the female experience. I have found that all the different types of shaving creams and lotions are a big waste of money for me. I've been using suave's hair conditioner with aloe vera (I get it at my local dollar store) to shave with and it's worked wonders besides being alot cheaper. Even my wife has made the switch. No more razor burn, red bumps, and alot fewer nicks. That and hot water, as hot as I can stand.

May

I love using Nair because it's so fast and easy and it stays smooth longer then from shaving!

shaving

Sunday morning and just finished shaving my legs. It is a pain in the butt - but so much worth it once I pull my stockings on. What a wonderful feeling.BA