Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaving Legs Who Hates it?

Shaving Legs Who Hates it?

Well I had to shave my legs again today it was time. Just as I was shaving I notice while I was shaving I got a scratch on my leg it kinda of hurts a little. Wish there was a way shaving legs would be easier. How many of you ladies in here get scratches while shaving? Is there a more simpler way than just using a razor?

Shaving Legs

Yes Angela, you can always wax them. Unless you have real coarse hairs. I don't mind shaving at all. It's another feminine upkeep experience. However, I'm going to wax mine tonight. Kisses,
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

pains of shaving

I am a GG...so I have been shaving for quite a while. All I can tell you is that is sucks for a GG,a CD or anyone who feels the need to shave. No real easy way about doing it, except for electrolis maybe. Just make sure you use a really good new razor, and I tend to have better results using a nice body wash vs shaving cream. Also, let your legs soke in a nice long bath before you shave. Good luck

I usually nair mine, but look forward to a good waxing.

Ditto on the bodywash method, particularly moisturizing wash. I've been using Caress brand the past few months and only shave while taking a bath, not a shower, so that it allows me to really soak the skin, and because it is so much easier than doing it while standing.

ima

My comments on shaving

Fortunately, I do not have much hair on my legs and what I do have is blonde so I can go 2-3 weeks (or longer) without needing to shave. I'm lucky I know. But when I do shave I found that shaving while soaking in the tub works great or like others mentioned use a nice body wash in the showwer. I lather up the legs and then turn off the water so it doesn't wash the lather off. I use a Mary Kay product for a body wash and even though it is a bit more expensive than the Costco size bottles of wash it last a long time since so little is needed. I just love the feel of just shaved skin. But, if I had to shave very often I could see it being a big pain.

shaving is kinda a pain but I don't mind. I shave every couple of days. I love the feeling of freshly shaved so much it's worth it to me. And pits too.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

The few times I have tried using a blade razor the skin came out red and raw. I always use an electric razor. I have found that ones designed for men work better than the "Lady-" models. Make sure it has a sideburn trimmer, for initially getting off especially long hairs. Done like this, it is something that I can do on the back porch or at the kitchen table where there is plenty of light, and I can go back over areas that I missed.

Gold Member
    Have never shaved, and my body has as much hair as King Kong, except my head, Im fighting a losing battle here girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Marie
    Shaving Legs Who Hates it?

Hey, don't knock it. At least you have the liberty to shave them. Complain, complain, complain. Be happy with what you have.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

i am not ape like hairy , but it grows,,, fast , i have to shave daily if i keep everything clean , although i did find the mach razors work rather well and the skintmates shave gel with copper seems to really be nice to my skin

It doesnt bother me ive been doing it for so long now that its just part of the everday thing

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I shaved ONCE. It was very early December, and it was a fiasco. I had no idea what I was doing, and it took me three days to finaly get 'smooth' skin.
    I admit that was a thrill and felt great once it was done. But I had a hard time keeping up on the shaving and found it such a nightmare that I just stopped. There has to be an easier way then what I was trying.

shaving legs

don't mine shaving , but the bikini area must wait till razor bumps go away.
    so only get to shave once a week. would like to shave more often. i like to stay smooth. any help to stop razor bumps would be nice. i do use bikini zone shave gel and after shave gel.. thanks xoxoxoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    It doesnt bother me ive been doing it for so long now that its just part of the everday thing
    [SIZE="6"]Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me too. Thanks for saving me the trouble Angel! Olivia[/SIZE]

There are other options...

Sorry you had such a difficult time shaving, Angela. I've found Nair is the best way to go. I just lather up, wait a few minutes and then shower it off. After I exit the shower and towel down I apply Jergens Shave Minimizing lotion, and repeat it after every shower. Now I can get 2-3 weeks before I have to defuzz again!
    Its not all that messy and I do my bikini, arms and chest at the same time. Now the only thing I shave are my underarms.
    Give it a try!
    Marie

I've had great success with Norelco's Satinelle. It is a rotary type plucker. Sounds painful but it is bearable. The best part is is that it lasts for a month and the hair that regrows comes back in finer. Before I used it a razor shave of my legs would last less than 24 hours. Then it would get stubbly and feel awful. After the Satinelle they were silky smooth for weeks and even now, if I shave wqith a blade as a as a touch up, they are good for a week and never get stubbly. Highly recommend it and you can get it on the web too - or a fine department store near you. Think it is much better than waxing.
    Dawn

GypsyKaren
    Hi Angela

I've never had a problem with shaving, never had much to mow. Just a suggestion; the other day I saw Nair For Men at Walgreens, maybe it works better on thicker turf.

GypsyKaren

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    Please don't let kelly see this as i had to convinve her to let me shave in the first place but you're absolutely right . The actual act of shaving and the upkepp of it can be a real drag (pardon the well used pun) .

I won't complain about it too much though as i remember what it was like when i wasn't allowed to shave them , i have no desire to return to being a monkey boy again .

As for tips , i think it's all been said . I let it grow a little bit before shaving else i come up in a nasty rash with cuts all over the place . I also have a nice long soap and use a nice fresh , sharp razor (gillette mach 3 seems to do the trick nicely ).
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page

I just Love smooth-shaven legs ! I only shave them when Rhonda's on an outing, but once she's out, I'll keep them as sensually hairless as possible for months. I shaved mine Tuesday, the first time since this summer - I'd forgotten how good they feel when smooth.

The first time shaving them after a while is usually a bit tedious, and sometimes I take a day or two to get them all done, but afterward, i'll just shave like one calf or thigh each day as I shower for work. It only takes a few minutes, and I get a chance to touch them up completely every few days this way. I've shaved for so many years, the hair doesn't really grow very thick or fast in most places anymore - mostly around the upper & inner thighs.

Smooth-shaven legs are awesome - I'd recommend shaving to anyone! The first time i shaved my legs (in my early 20s), it was absolutely the most effeminite thing I think i'd ever done to myself. I was so aroused by their sight & feel, I went motorcycle riding one Saturday afternoon just after shaving, wearing shorts. The sensation was breathtaking, and the thought that someone in traffic would notice was equally breathtaking. Later, I'd wear a skirt & hose & ride my motorcycle at night. Skirts & hose on a motorcycle - i miss those days. Guess I should buy another bike.

As far as the rash, sores, ingrown hairs, etc. - I don't have problems with them like I used to. I just shave w/ a Sensor razor & bath soap, then powder down my legs afterwords w/ baby powder. I guess 20 years of shaving on & off has conditioned my skin.

shaving leggs

Hi Angela Marie,

Once a year I shave my leggs below the knee, the upper leggs do'nt grow any hair. The same with my arms, my underarms are like GG's the hair on it is barely to see and soft. I use a Gilette M3 Power and afterwards I put some lotion on and it's no problem at all. I realise that I might be happy for that.

Love,
    Lotte

A long hot soak in a tub usually seemed to work for me. I'd get good results. As for the bikini area....well, doing that in the tub was always a bit awkward to do, so I'd have to stand in the shower. Bumps...I hated them. Even with after shave gell and different moisturizers, using a new blade.
    I finally found the joy of waxing this past summer and haven't picked up a razor since.

Thanks girls for all the advice, I think my problem is I switched brands on the razor. I had no problem when using the for sensative skin razors but I just couldnt find any anywhere. Hope to find some today.

I have a razor handle that takes Sensor II / III blades w/ or w/o the aloe vera strip, but it's a woman's model - the handle is short, wide & flat. I forget the name, but seems that when i got it (years ago), it had a suction-mount base for the shower (lost now). Anyhow, that handle seems to have the best grip for shaving the backs of my legs, thighs & knees. The round-handled ones & similar don't have the width for a firm grip & rotational torque to get those hard-2-reach places w/o dropping it.

-for what it's worth....

It can be a hassle, but they have been shaved for over two years straight now. Infact I am getting ready to go shave them again. It can be a pain, but it is worth it.

Kisses, April Marie
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.